N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Canucks got a 6-3 victory at home to the Oilers last night that was pretty much vital already, keeping us in touch in what is always the tightest division in the NHL. Still getting too little from our top line, thought Bernier might be the answer and hopefully he still is. Two out of the first eight at home was always going to be difficult, the other lines are delivering so if number 1 could too that would be nice.

He was injured a lot last year and never looked up to it when he did play, wasn't sad to see him go in the summer.

His nickname in the stands was "Dead Weight." Get it? Because he is useless? Oh come on, that is so clever. :lol: Of course, I think he has already matched his point total he had with the Ducks over in New York... :rolleyes:

It's just that Morrison seems like such a similar move. Weight and Morrison are known more so as set-up guys, with Morrison just a bit more offensive potential, but that's not what the Ducks need in a second line center. It's even easier to repeat my biased opinion that Carter could be our second-line center.

And in hilarious news, I'm almost certain there were more Wings fans last night in LA than Kings fans. I almost felt bad, but then I remembered my last altercation with a Kings fan.

Also, it sounds like the Coyotes picked up Ken Klee of re-entry waivers from the Ducks. So we'll free up half of his contract (~$.6 million), but still be liable for the other half. With Hedican's contract, I think we only actually gained ~$200,000 in cap room. I still think a big move is on the way so the Ducks can get Ryan up.

And... Four in a row!

His nickname in the stands was "Dead Weight." Get it? Because he is useless? Oh come on, that is so clever. :lol: Of course, I think he has already matched his point total he had with the Ducks over in New York... :rolleyes:

It's just that Morrison seems like such a similar move. Weight and Morrison are known more so as set-up guys, with Morrison just a bit more offensive potential, but that's not what the Ducks need in a second line center. It's even easier to repeat my biased opinion that Carter could be our second-line center.

And in hilarious news, I'm almost certain there were more Wings fans last night in LA than Kings fans. I almost felt bad, but then I remembered my last altercation with a Kings fan.

Also, it sounds like the Coyotes picked up Ken Klee of re-entry waivers from the Ducks. So we'll free up half of his contract (~$.6 million), but still be liable for the other half. With Hedican's contract, I think we only actually gained ~$200,000 in cap room. I still think a big move is on the way so the Ducks can get Ryan up.

And... Four in a row!

Not as clever as Sidney Crosby's nickname though ;)

It is Darryl

Not as clever as Sidney Crosby's nickname though ;)

It is Darryl

I think my first post in this thread (and probably on this site) was something along the lines of "Crosby is a punk." I still stand by that. ;)

(Let's not do that argument again, though? :lol:)

Five in a row!

Wings fans threw octopus at the wrong times. And once while the game was in play. Idiots. :rolleyes: So glad we beat them. The Detroit "fans" are nearly as bad as Kings fans. Mainly because it's a constantly busy bandwagon.

But Selanne with the hatty! Beauch with another OT winner! Getzy was really awesome tonight, too. Five points, and he was throwing his body around like there was no tomorrow. The only downside was May getting hurt. Hopefully he is alright. He is one of my favourite players, and really adds a lot to the team in the locker room.

Still expecting a move soon...

And I get my new jersey on Saturday!

Edited by kyle*

Canucks pick themselves up after a disappointing home loss to the Bruins to win 4-0 in L.A. then a game of the season contender last night as the Canucks came from 2-0 down to lead 5-2 in Anaheim, only for the Ducks to get it back to 5-5 and then equalise again with less than a minute to go for 6-6, before the Canucks finally triumphed 2-1 in the 13th round of the shootout.

We're at St. Louis tonight, certainly going to be an interesting game. Crosby is going to play despite apparently getting injured through the week, and Fedotenko is sitting it out after leaving practice early after also getting injured. We've been so hit and miss this season, it's a bit strange. We should have Ty Kennedy on the top line, he's been good this season and would work well with Crosby I think.

Go Pens.