N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Ducks are going to have a meeting with Mats Sundin. Sundin and his wife have a home in the area, and he has said he wants to go to a competitive team in a warmer climate that is not scheduled to visit Toronto... Hm. We'd definitely have to make some moves, though. I'd guess Morrison/Marchant.

Sundin and Selanne would be an interesting pair...

Let's thrash some Queens tonight.

Edited by kyle*

Nine without a regulation loss!

Big game against Dallas tomorrow, hopefully the winning continues. Definitely need Parros with that twat Avery in their lineup.

Selanne is now 20th all-time in goals with 561! And much to the pleasure of the home crowd last night, Kariya left the game during the 2nd period.

Just back in from Madison Square Garden. New York beat Tampa Bay 5-2 in what is a deceptively one sided scoreline. However, if anyone supports either of these teams, it's worth checking out the highlights just to see Lightning goalie Mike Smith lose the plot completely and rack up 19 penalty minutes in a single incident.

Just back in from Madison Square Garden. New York beat Tampa Bay 5-2 in what is a deceptively one sided scoreline. However, if anyone supports either of these teams, it's worth checking out the highlights just to see Lightning goalie Mike Smith lose the plot completely and rack up 19 penalty minutes in a single incident.

Slashing, high sticking, and fighting. That's what you want your goalie doing! And he fought with his mask on. Lame.

Speaking of goalies losing the plot... Patrick Roy's son is absolutely f***ing mental.

Random: I cannot stand the Rangers goal song.

Slashing, high sticking, and fighting. That's what you want your goalie doing! And he fought with his mask on. Lame.

Speaking of goalies losing the plot... Patrick Roy's son is absolutely f***ing mental.

Why did the referees not stop that fight? They were both off their feet. Incidentally, Patrick Roy's son will need to drop that goading thing he seemed to be doing, as he'll end up getting an absolute doing.

Remember that incident being covered at the time. Other footage showed that Roy jr. didn't actually look that interested in fighting until senior started screaming at him, and that's when he breaks from the ref and goes for it.

Two on the bounce for the Canucks, three at home to follow including the Av's and the Maple Leafs. Should be interesting.

What a fucking nutter

He should be a boxer!

We got beat in a SO against Columbus :( Hopefully we turn it around and beat the Leafs tomorrow.

Things not looking good for kyles Ducks at the moment in the 3rd period getting beat 5-2 from Dallas.

Edited by Bluenose5

^^ Awesome photos, Jim. I've never seen the interior of the Garden. Teal and purple seats... Would have worked for us, but for New York?!

Why did the referees not stop that fight? They were both off their feet. Incidentally, Patrick Roy's son will need to drop that goading thing he seemed to be doing, as he'll end up getting an absolute doing.

They were probably scared. He looks like he is having some serious roid rage.

We got beat in a SO against Columbus :( Hopefully we turn it around and beat the Leafs tomorrow.

Things not looking good for kyles Ducks at the moment in the 3rd period getting beat 5-2 from Dallas.

I watched a tape of that game... I had no idea Columbus had an actual fan base. :lol:

Stupid Dallas. They always have our number. That was probably the most excited I was for a game this early in the season, though. I really, really wanted to beat the Stars after what has happened over the past couple years.

But that call on Kunitz last night for his hit against Avery was a load of bullshit. It was a huge hit, but a clean hit. That c**t deserved it. Also, Sutherby absolutely pounded whoever he fought last night. Shame it didn't give the team the spark it was meant to...

Edit: Carlyle agrees with me...

“I need an explanation if that’s a penalty in the NHL,” Carlyle said. “That was a clean hit along the wall. The player didn’t run at him. He didn’t do anything, didn’t raise his arms. He made a good body check, and was penalized for it.

“If that’s a penalty, I want to review some other video and find out what’s not a penalty.”

I love it. :D

Well, unless I hear it when we're playing them. <_<

Well, I suppose it's better than all the teams that use zombie nation or that one "HEY!" song.

:lol: Screw the Flyers for copying it. Edited by kyle*

Guest Future-SM-Keeper-Ere

Great start for the Leafs. early lead against the Habs :)

Edited by Future-SM-Keeper-Ere

Guest Future-SM-Keeper-Ere

The NHL site AND Toronto's site said it was 5-0 in the first 10 minutes, and just changed it back to 1-0 :blink:

Game Misconduct for a Habs player though, so it's going good for the Leafs :)