N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

The NHL site AND Toronto's site said it was 5-0 in the first 10 minutes, and just changed it back to 1-0 :blink:

Game Misconduct for a Habs player though, so it's going good for the Leafs :)

I was watching that game and decided to have a peek at the numbers and it was listed as 9-3 for a while...

A really good game, though. If you like a wide open, offensive game. During one of the commercial break, they showed photos of all the Canadian troops who have been lost in battle this year. Those videos always get me. :(

Panthers tonight. With all due respect, they're the weakest team in the league. Start that streak again, Ducks.

Guest Future-SM-Keeper-Ere
I was watching that game and decided to have a peek at the numbers and it was listed as 9-3 for a while...

A really good game, though. If you like a wide open, offensive game. During one of the commercial break, they showed photos of all the Canadian troops who have been lost in battle this year. Those videos always get me. :(

Panthers tonight. With all due respect, they're the weakest team in the league. Start that streak again, Ducks.

Seemed like a good game looking at the 6-3 result, just a shame Britain barely shows any games :(

Oh, and the Ducks are my second team after the Leafs :)

Seemed like a good game looking at the 6-3 result, just a shame Britain barely shows any games :(

Oh, and the Ducks are my second team after the Leafs :)

You picked the Leafs over the Quack Attack? :lol:

Would have been a good call last night. <_< Anderson in net for Florida was out of position so many times, but the Ducks did nothing with it. Scored about a minute in, then came thisclose for the rest of the game.

The time difference is probably tough, but www.justin.tv has 99% of games streamed. Or you could check this forum for a stream. The quality is surprisingly good. And NHL.com always has free radio from every team.

Edited by kyle*

Guest Future-SM-Keeper-Ere
You picked the Leafs over the Quack Attack? :lol:

Picked the Leafs when I was younger, as the only teams I knew from a young age were the Leafs and the Habs. Ended up picking the Leafs. Then got some NHL games for PS2, found out about the rest of the teams :)

Leafs are away to the Flames tonight (I think?).

Game Misconduct for a Habs player though, so it's going good for the Leafs :)

Yeah that was Kostopoulos that got the game misconduct for a top quality hit into the boards :D

Good win for the Leafs though.

Pittsburgh @ Detroit tonight, payback time.

Not going good for you guys at the moment, currently down 4-2. Im watching inbetween this and the Habs game and Detroit are controlling the puck alot better, plenty of time for the Pens to get back though.

As for us well we look to get a win finally after 3 straight losses, at the moment beating our bogey team the Senators 3-0 :)

Old and bit fuzzy, but it's so awesome. (going through some old pictures tonight)

re853.jpg

Good game tonight with Detroit and Pittsburgh. Hate both teams, but that was a nice comeback at the end. And it was the slap in the face that Hossa was destined to receive.

Edited by kyle*

Brian Burke is on his way out as Ducks GM, Bob Murray is coming in to replace him. I'll let kyle give his thoughts but it seems like BB is getting his move to Toronto.

Soooooo called it a few pages ago! I think... :unsure:

If he goes to Toronto, I'll start rooting against them, simply because I want the Canadian media to face the realization that he isn't the second coming of christ. He's a bit stubborn in my opinion, and has shown a habit in overpaying certain players...

I'm not that bothered. More surprised if anything. Never a big Burke fan myself, mainly due to some of the head-scratchers he pulled recently, and his personality in general. The only thing I'm worried about is the transitional period, because we can't miss a step right now. We need to ship out a few players quickly, and I hope this whole situation doesn't take the focus away from that.

Oh well. News conference is on TSN.ca in 20 minutes if anyone is interested. Should be fascinating stuff! :lol:

Edit: I'm starting to think a coaching change me be close as well. Carlyle hasn't been too popular this season with a lot of people, but Burke was a strong defender of him.

Also, Burke is still advisor of the Ducks right now (or some other title), but can negotiate out of that if he is to head to another team this year. (bolded because that's probably the most interesting bit for other fans)

Edited by kyle*

Not going good for you guys at the moment, currently down 4-2. Im watching inbetween this and the Habs game and Detroit are controlling the puck alot better, plenty of time for the Pens to get back though.

O ye of little faith. :P

Good game tonight with Detroit and Pittsburgh. Hate both teams, but that was a nice comeback at the end. And it was the slap in the face that Hossa was destined to receive.

It was a fantastic game, I've not seen anything like that for a while.

Great to see Staal get a hat-trick after not the best starts to the season for him. :)

It was a fantastic game, I've not seen anything like that for a while.

Great to see Staal get a hat-trick after not the best starts to the season for him. :)

Somebody scored a hat-trick at the game I was at last week, and it was a blinking nuisance, not to mention a waste of perfectly good headwear, when everyone decided, en masse, to throw their hats onto the ice.

I said there was still time for the Pens to get back and they did in good style :P:lol:

Was a good game for the neutral. We beat Ottawa 4-0 which was the main thing so hopefully back to winning ways :)

Go Habs Go!

Edited by Bluenose5

Sabres and Pens played a good game tonight, Pens did well to turn it around.

I think that's 6 games this season where we've gone into the 3rd period losing only to end up taking 2 points.

It's been a great start, 5th best in franchise history so far.

Go Pens. :)

Also, NYR came back from 2-0 to beat Boston 3-2 to end their winning streak too.