N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Caps thrashed us last night. But it looks like Bobby Ryan is seriously ready for the NHL. Easily the best player for the Ducks last night. At least we beat the Kings on Wednesday?

Anyone keeping an eye on the All Star Voting? Effectively: The NHL All Star game has been cancelled. Instead, it will be a home game for the Canadiens. Likely against the Red Wings.

This is why I always root against Canadian teams and Detroit. :rolleyes:

Edited by kyle*

Anyone keeping an eye on the All Star Voting? Effectively: The NHL All Star game has been cancelled. Instead, it will be a home game for the Canadiens. Likely against the Red Wings.

Yeah, I saw that. Absolutely rubbish, takes away the whole point of the game. <_<

Effectively: The NHL All Star game has been cancelled. Instead, it will be a home game for the Canadiens. Likely against the Red Wings.

We must just be an All-Star team then ;):lol:

We must start to pick up more points now starting with our game tomorrow at home to Boston who are doing well lately. Still last game we managed to beat Ottawa which was good :)

It looks like the teams are set :angry:

West

Hossa (DET)

Datsyuk (DET)

Zetterberg (DET)

Lidstrom (DET)

Phaneuf (CGY)

Luongo (VAN)

Even though its just the Wings and Neufy, it is hard to argue with that, the only player I would change is papping oot Hossa and putting in Iggy.

East

Kovalev (MON)

Koivu (MON)

Tanguay (MON)

Markov (MON)

Komisarek (MON)

Price (MON)

I do not agree with this however, Crosby, Malkin and Ovie have to be in it somewhere as well as Gonchar

It looks like the teams are set :angry:

West

Hossa (DET)

Datsyuk (DET)

Zetterberg (DET)

Lidstrom (DET)

Phaneuf (CGY)

Luongo (VAN)

Even though its just the Wings and Neufy, it is hard to argue with that, the only player I would change is papping oot Hossa and putting in Iggy.

East

Kovalev (MON)

Koivu (MON)

Tanguay (MON)

Markov (MON)

Komisarek (MON)

Price (MON)

I do not agree with this however, Crosby, Malkin and Ovie have to be in it somewhere as well as Gonchar

Those are really the All-Star teams? Not one starter from the Sharks, the team with the best record in hockey? Ludicruous. I tend to think there ought to be one player from each team, like in baseball, to prevent farces like that.

Those are really the All-Star teams? Not one starter from the Sharks, the team with the best record in hockey? Ludicruous. I tend to think there ought to be one player from each team, like in baseball, to prevent farces like that.

Those players have the most votes so I guess so <_<:angry:

It is because Detroit and Montreal have the most fans probably

Those players have the most votes so I guess so <_<:angry:

It is because Detroit and Montreal have the most fans probably

I'd like to advocate a mass protest vote for Dan Boyle. He's the only one remotely close enough to break into the starting lineups.

Guest Future-SM-Keeper-Ere

Just checked out the League table, shocked to see Dallas down at the bottom end. I thought they have been good the past few seasons?

Leafs are 10th in the Eastern right now :( but lead Chicago 4-2 at the end of 2nd period.

^^ They have started off really slowly, but this early in the season, they can jump up there again. Hopefully with no help from Anaheim...

My GOD I f***ing hate the Stars. Game isn't even over, but I'm fuming.

Avery is such a twat. Not because of what he does, but the calls he get. The refs are unbelievable. "Oh my someone came into contact with #16! Two minutes!"

Turco is dirty little shit. Oh my the net dislodged again. Why does this always happen to me? :rolleyes:

And the All Star thing is ridiculous. I hate Canada, and I hate Detroit. Either overzealous, arrogant fans, or complete glory hunters..

Short version of this post: GRRRR.

Edit: YES. Crap performance, but thank god we beat the Stars. Oh yes.

Edited by kyle*

Canucks are absolutely flying at the moment :D Tremendous wins at the Wild and Pens, 7-1-2 in our last 10. Game last night started with a strange full 5 v 5 fight, unusual for an East v West game. Luongo got injured last night though, hopefully not a long one but it will definitely have an effect on our current run of form.

Guest Future-SM-Keeper-Ere
Just checked out the League table, shocked to see Dallas down at the bottom end. I thought they have been good the past few seasons?

Leafs are 10th in the Eastern right now :( but lead Chicago 4-2 at the end of 2nd period.

Typical, lost 5-4 in OT. Thats our 5th OT loss in 20 games, we really need to start taking wins from these games.

Canucks are absolutely flying at the moment :D Tremendous wins at the Wild and Pens, 7-1-2 in our last 10. Game last night started with a strange full 5 v 5 fight, unusual for an East v West game. Luongo got injured last night though, hopefully not a long one but it will definitely have an effect on our current run of form.

At least the Canucks players are getting rewarded for it by getting voted into the all-star teams. The Sharks - who won again, by the way, the record now a ridiculous 17-3-1 - have precisely zero starters.

Edited by Jim Pansy

At least the Canucks players are getting rewarded for it by getting voted into the all-star teams. The Sharks - who won again, by the way, the record now a ridiculous 17-3-1 - have precisely zero starters.

Luongo may well be injured, no guesses as to length yet but that's a huge blow. The All Star game is a farce and isn't going to do anything to help hockey's damaged reputation in the States.

They already don't like it because they are no where near as good at it as Canada are.

That's not why it isn't popular. It isn't popular because it's not a great TV sport, they missed an entire season due to the lockout and football and baseball hog more and more of the market. It is, going by the ever reliable facebook, the least popular of five's American sport output too.

Edited to add, why do the vote on the all-star game so early?

And; those lineups just get more and more bewildering. Worse than the baseball all-star game balloting.

Edited by Jim Pansy

They already don't like it because they are no where near as good at it as Canada are.

Nooooo. It's because Bettman is an idiot and can't even market his own sport.

The All Star game is going to be a joke. I really hope the first lines of Monreal and Detroit do nothing throughout the game, and the other lines tear it up. I'd enjoy that. Then the Canadian media can piss off and Wings fans can shut that giant gaping hole on their faces.

Avs tonight. They are one of the teams I like seeing in town because their fans are usually quite nice. I've sat with a few in LA and in Anaheim, and have never had a bad experience. So I shouldn't be too mad after tonight.

... But Chicago on Friday... I'm not holding out much hope for that game in terms of away fans. :rolleyes: