N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Did someone say Canucks 6-1 Flames??? :D:D

Without our top line and top two defence pairings? With Phaneuf and Iginla lining up? 5-0-0 pre-season, this is far too good.

Really though, these pre-season games don't count for much. Certainly no more than Spring Training in baseball. Says the Sharks fan.

Incidentally, at 14 pages, this is my longest thread ever, possibly helped by my forgetting to put a year when I started the thread...

Did someone say Canucks 6-1 Flames??? :D:D

Without our top line and top two defence pairings? With Phaneuf and Iginla lining up? 5-0-0 pre-season, this is far too good.

Aye just wait till the real stuff begins

I would happily take getting humped off the Canucks 6-1 as long as we hump the Oilers 4-0 in every game we play :):D

The Canucks Train just keeps on rolling, Canucks 3-2 Sharks. Don't know how much I fancy our regular season chances, but playoffs is an absolute must this year, can't see us making it that comfortably though. I'll go for 7th in the West and a disappointing first round playoffs exit 4-1.

Guest Future-SM-Keeper-Ere

Just checked up the Maple Leafs preseason. Two wins, OT loss, and three of four losses. Added with Sundin and McCabe gone. Barely any big names left, apart from Tomas Kaberle, Alexei Ponikarovsky. and Jason Blake.

Looks like another cruddy season for the Leafs.

I would happily take getting humped off the Canucks 6-1 as long as we hump the Oilers 4-0 in every game we play :):D

Flames getting beat by the Oilers 3-2 at the moment, I think you guys will turn it around though in the 3rd period.

Looks like another cruddy season for the Leafs.

Long may it continue :P;)

You guys put up a decent fight though against Detroit couple of days ago.

But its when the season starts when it counts, hopefully Habs can go one better in the playoffs than we did last season.

Do you think Price can be consistent enough to take the Habs deep into the playoffs Bluenose? A great keeper no doubt but he started to crack a bit in the playoffs. Guy obviously has all the faith in the world in him, let's hope it works out for my second team, especially since Carey's a Vancouver boy.

Flames getting beat by the Oilers 3-2 at the moment, I think you guys will turn it around though in the 3rd period.

Long may it continue :P;)

You guys put up a decent fight though against Detroit couple of days ago.

But its when the season starts when it counts, hopefully Habs can go one better in the playoffs than we did last season.

We won 4-3 in OT :)

Do you think Price can be consistent enough to take the Habs deep into the playoffs Bluenose? A great keeper no doubt but he started to crack a bit in the playoffs. Guy obviously has all the faith in the world in him, let's hope it works out for my second team, especially since Carey's a Vancouver boy.

No doubting he is a great keeper, his second main season in the NHL will be harder and prove just how good he can become. As you said he didn't have a good playoffs but im sure he would have learnt a fair bit from the experience and I think he can be consistent enough. Guy certainly has his favourites and Price is one of them, would be good to see Halak get more of a go during the season.

We got beat by Minnesota 3-0 at the Bell Centre :(

We won 4-3 in OT :)

Thought you's might have ;)

Could be a big season for the Flames I think.