N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Indeed. I think they're rotating goaltenders too much at the Canucks in Luongo's absence. They clearly rate the young boy Schneider very highly but I've yet to see it, I don't know why we can't stick with Sanford as much as possible. That said, we need Luongo back, he's simply on a different level.

We beat the Fucks last night 4-3 :D

Alright, alright. :lol: Ducks are just barely a playoff team at the moment. :( We're going to have to shift to the youth next year.

I hate losing to Canadian teams. The unbelievably idiotic articles and reviews that come out in the following days always lower my faith in humanity.

And I hope Sundin 1) plays like crap or 2) gets hurt. Just because he should have stayed with the Leafs or retired.

Edited by kyle*

Alright, alright. :lol: Ducks are just barely a playoff team at the moment. :( We're going to have to shift to the youth next year.

I hate losing to Canadian teams. The unbelievably idiotic articles and reviews that come out in the following days always lower my faith in humanity.

And I hope Sundin 1) plays like crap or 2) gets hurt. Just because he should have stayed with the Leafs or retired.

Much as I appreciate the few people on here that talk about ice hockey, I can't let stupid comments like this go. You seem to have a bit of a grudge against Canada for whatever reason, but wishing injury on a player is pretty low.

Much as I appreciate the few people on here that talk about ice hockey, I can't let stupid comments like this go. You seem to have a bit of a grudge against Canada for whatever reason, but wishing injury on a player is pretty low.

It's not meant to be a violent wish at all. I didn't mean it that way. The whole affair he pulled this Summer was absolutely silly (I've seen in it in this are twice) and what I meant was I don't want to see him have a successful spell in Vancouver.

And I have a grudge against Canada because of their overzealous media and fans. If you ever read articles on TSN.ca, the Canadian bias and arrogance is just astounding. They talk down to the rest of the league, and are always on the attack on teams in small US markets. Whenever it's a Canadian team vs a US team, I'll always pull for the US team. The after effects of the "cup coming home" would absolutely do my head in.

Edited by kyle*

And the Rangers beat the Islanders 5-4 in one of the wackiest 3rd periods ever.......... what a game :)

I regret switching over... I watched the first period then went to bed. <_<

We've got Boston tonight.

This should be interesting...

Edited by Zanetti

For our regular big hockey fans here (all three of you I make it), what's the deal with watching hockey here? Having only got into it last year while in Vancouver this is my first season watching it from Scotland, I'm avoiding it until finals and everything are over for obvious reasons but want to pick up coverage for the latter rounds of the playoffs.

Basically my questions are

1. Is NASN the only option?

2. If so, is this only available as part of a Sky/Virgin package?

3. What is the minimum subscription length?

4. What is the coverage like?

Any other helpful pointers would be appreciated.

Canucks continue to cobble together half decent form, which is the best we can hope for at the moment as we have now lost our 2nd choice goaltender as well as Luongo and had to bring in someone I've never heard of from the Kings for a 7th round draft pick to keep us covered.

Five showed a lot of the playoffs last year, it was pretty good coverage. I actually watched it over NASN.

NASN is part of the Setanta package, or at least it was, but I think ESPN have bought it over and it's due to change to ESPN America on the 1st of February, so I don't know how that will affect it.

The coverage is very good, there's usually at least 8 or 9 live hockey games a week, plus an NHL highlights show which is on every single day giving you highlights from all the day before's games.