The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

9 minutes ago, WALMOT said:

Given its an Ossett Brewery pub dont think you will find John (yuk) Smiths in it.

You could try the Pavillion or Billy's Bar or further afield is the Old White Hart and the Whistlestop up the top of the hill from ER.

Are you a regular in there before cheering on the boys too Walmot ? 

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Are you a regular in there before cheering on the boys too Walmot ? 

We meet my pals sister and her son in law in the Whistlestop as we all have season tickets for the south stand.

The Old Peacock is usually jammed packed but they have a big marquee out the back with a live band on every match day.

Its usually about 5 deep to get served at the bar and its also plastic cups. 

1 hour ago, WALMOT said:

We meet my pals sister and her son in law in the Whistlestop as we all have season tickets for the south stand.

The Old Peacock is usually jammed packed but they have a big marquee out the back with a live band on every match day.

Its usually about 5 deep to get served at the bar and its also plastic cups. 

Fair play to you Walmot if you’ve got season tickets. 

Only 3 hours down on the train it would be a very good away day if Leeds could get back up to the Premier League :)

14 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Can I collect my ticket before the kick off from the stadium?

Thanks in advance.
Jama

When picking up your tickets at the stadium remember to take along the card you used to buy the tickets.

Re a pre match pint, I'd suggest The Scarborough Taps and The Head of Steam at the bottom of the train station steps and also The Hop, its down the dark arches just about opposite Sovreign Street where you get the football special bus up from town to the ground.

7 hours ago, repeat_offender said:

When picking up your tickets at the stadium remember to take along the card you used to buy the tickets.

Re a pre match pint, I'd suggest The Scarborough Taps and The Head of Steam at the bottom of the train station steps and also The Hop, its down the dark arches just about opposite Sovreign Street where you get the football special bus up from town to the ground.

Are you a repeat visitor to the ‘Road Offy ? 

22 minutes ago, repeat_offender said:

I offered you the bet re my attendance at Elland Road, you declined to take me up on it.

Take  a look back through this thread, still happy to oblige you if you like.

Sorry Offy I must have missed that. Definitely go for it. 

How much are we betting?

I've had a couple of different club memberships as I've changed address. I'll total up the number of games on the latest account & once you accept the bet I'll post the number.

If you feel it's required nam,e the mod from the site to adjudicate on the proof of attendance & result.

If I win the money goes to cancer research and I'll post the donation receipt up here.

7 minutes ago, repeat_offender said:

How much are we betting?

I've had a couple of different club memberships as I've changed address. I'll total up the number of games on the latest account & once you accept the bet I'll post the number.

If you feel it's required nam,e the mod from the site to adjudicate on the proof of attendance & result.

If I win the money goes to cancer research and I'll post the donation receipt up here.

Sounds good to me and for a good  cause Offy :). Let’s put a tenner on it.

Just homes or all games ? I’ve got a pretty accurate total from putting them into the groundhopper app the Mantis and a few others on here have been down with me over the years and can verify. 

5 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Just homes or all games ? I’ve got a pretty accurate total from putting them into the groundhopper app the Mantis and a few others on here have been down with me over the years and can verify. 

Just to be clear on the wager, here's my offer of a bet from page 202 of this thread following the exchange between yourself and Jake. You said you thought you'd seen more Leeds games than the Leeds fans posting on this thread, I was willing to bet I'd seen Leeds play more than you.

On 9/2/2018 at 03:12, JakeSAFC said:

Rab has to be the biggest Leeds fan on here. The amount of posts on this thread is staggering.

On 9/2/2018 at 09:02, Rab B Nesbit said:

Right enough I’ve probably seen them the most ... :lol: 

On 9/5/2018 at 10:11, repeat_offender said:

If you're willing to place a bet on that I'm happy to oblige you, we can let one of the mods on the site adjudicate.

You still willing to take that bet ?

I get the feeling you think the bet  I offered was different.

53 minutes ago, repeat_offender said:

Just to be clear on the wager, here's my offer of a bet from page 202 of this thread following the exchange between yourself and Jake. You said you thought you'd seen more Leeds games than the Leeds fans posting on this thread, I was willing to bet I'd seen Leeds play more than you.

You still willing to take that bet ?

I get the feeling you think the bet  I offered was different.

Aw Christ I thought this was cards on the table Leeds v Liverpool games seen :lol:

10 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Aw Christ I thought this was cards on the table Leeds v Liverpool games seen :lol:

You wouldn't be trying to move the goal posts there Rab would you,  the original bet was clear enough?

I've done my fair share of Leeds games, I've had several club accounts over the years as I've changed addresses, don't have the login for the old ones. I made an effort to go through my purchase history on the most recent one and stopped counting when I got over 200 games.

Spent last Saturday freezing my knackers off at Elland Road watching Leeds getting cuffed but feel free to keep up the "nobody on this thread goes to games" chat, it's a load of bollocks but for some reason the idea seems to please you.

6 minutes ago, repeat_offender said:

You wouldn't be trying to move the goal posts there Rab would you,  the original bet was clear enough?

I've done my fair share of Leeds games, I've had several club accounts over the years as I've changed addresses, don't have the login for the old ones. I made an effort to go through my purchase history on the most recent one and stopped counting when I got over 200 games.

Spent last Saturday freezing my knackers off at Elland Road watching Leeds getting cuffed but feel free to keep up the "nobody on this thread goes to games" chat, it's a load of bollocks but for some reason the idea seems to please you.

I’m afraid it wasn’t really you must have a far better memory than me Offy :)

Is that all ? :D ... No fair play to you that’s a fair few games. 

I just like having a wee nibble because all you ever seem to get is folk who support the likes of Stirling Albion and Falkirk giving it big licks about we and us when Leeds win. 

4 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I’m afraid it wasn’t really you must have a far better memory than me Offy :)

Is that all ? :D ... No fair play to you that’s a fair few games. 

I just like having a wee nibble because all you ever seem to get is folk who support the likes of Stirling Albion and Falkirk giving it big licks about we and us when Leeds win. 

Fair enough, the bet was clear enough and I linked it above.

The bad news is the Mrs was looking over my shoulder as I was checking the purchase history on my most recent club account last night, she's smart enough to convert games attended into £s and is probably beginning to realise why we can't afford the car she really wants now

I thought it best not to point out the purchase history I was looking at didn't include aways:lol:

Change in circumstances may mean the number of games I get to next season drops just as Leeds make it back to the top tier.

Fair enough, the bet was clear enough and I linked it above.
The bad news is the Mrs was looking over my shoulder as I was checking the purchase history on my most recent club account last night, she's smart enough to convert games attended into £s and is probably beginning to realise why we can't afford the car she really wants now
I thought it best not to point out the purchase history I was looking at didn't include aways:lol:
Change in circumstances may mean the number of games I get to next season drops just as Leeds make it back to the top tier.

Divorces can be expensive tbf!

14 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

You're a fucking weirdo...

13 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

...and a complete shitebag.