The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Says a lot about what losing to Cheltenham can do to a man's mental state

Aye, he was watching the pish that is the Leeds United starting 11 and not getting selected, it must be enough for any man to say "f**k this for a game of soldiers"!

Edited by Rinky Sidebottom

Guest Tatty Boabie

Another last minute goal denies us 3 points. First Luton, then Port Vale.

I was on my way back from the Off-Licence in the car after purchasing what I thought was winning beer, only to be foiled by another last minute calamity in the Leeds defence.

This happened a few weeks ago away at Luton, when I was on my way back from the same Off-Licence with the same amount of what I thought was winning beer, and the opposition equalised.

This, of course, made it drawing beer, which for some reason doesn't go down as well.

Coupled with Stenny losing at Arbroath, the beer gave me severe heartburn and trapped wind. :angry::angry::angry:

Guest Rinky Sidebottom

2-0 TO LEEDS.

BECKFORD BOTH GOALS...fecking twats above can stick their comments up their fecking arses..p***ks.

LEEDS LEEDS SUPER LEEDS...SUPER LEEDS UNITED :lol::lol:

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Your shit.

Cardiff can't even be beaten in court !

GIRFUY ! :lol:

Who gives a feck about Cardiff, when are you going to understand, nobody cares. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Guest Tatty Boabie

I'm going to rise above all this anti-Leeds nonsense, and just say we played really well this evening and deserved the 2-0 win.

I watched it on Sky, and Leeds were good to watch.

We've started passing the ball around and finding our own players with these passes. Freedman, Beckford and Kilkenny were excellent, Howson and Prutton were pretty good, the only disappointment was Bradley Johnson, I didn't think he had a good game.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
I'm going to rise above all this anti-Leeds nonsense, and just say we played really well this evening and deserved the 2-0 win.

I watched it on Sky, and Leeds were good to watch.

We've started passing the ball around and finding our own players with these passes. Freedman, Beckford and Kilkenny were excellent, Howson and Prutton were pretty good, the only disappointment was Bradley Johnson, I didn't think he had a good game.

Agreed. At last Leeds play the style of football I want them to play, passing and moving, no longer the Reid, Venables, Blackwell and Wise school of HUMP IT UP & HOPE FOR THE BEST :angry:

If we wanted to watch that shite we would have supported Sheffield United, Watford, Sunderland etc.

Kilkenny was brilliant yesterday, reminded me of Bremner at times (and believe me he deserves that high a complement) Beckford misses more than he scores but as stated by Gary Birtles on Sky, he is at least in the right place at the right time and is always eager to have a go, hopefully he will develop the required skills to be a great forward and also learn how to play others into the game.

Freedman is something else, I take everything I slagged about his loan deal back, the man oozes class and together with Beckford they could become the stand out partnership up front of the league.

Wasn't as impressed with Howson as some were, perhaps I am over critical of players like him, to me he labours on the ball and is weak when trying to get the ball back, the same could be said for Sheehan, why did he run the whole way back with the ball when we were going forward and then he miss passed the ball!

Thought Kenton played well and looks solid, if a little slow.

Rui Marquis was his usual immense self, this man is definitely the new Lucas Radebe and I hope his recent appointment of captain remains.

Great to see Johnathan Douglas back, the bloke gives his all for Leeds, you could see what getting back on the pitch meant to him and the fans yesterday.

Bradley Johnson does appear out of his depth at times, he could develop into a player but so far I can't see it happening, possible loan deal out for him in the summer.

Prutton needs a hair cut, he thinks he's Shaun Derry from a few seasons ago. Tired towards the end and started to miss tackles, passes and then got in a right mess clearing the ball, still gave his all.

Still not sure about Michalik, he does clear the ball well but his passing and appearance on the ball is not comfortable, still he is big and powerful and does impose himself.

On the whole it was a much improved Leeds performance and one noticed by many in the league I would presume, we need to win all the remaining games to get into the play offs and even Birtles stated yesterday, the level of football in the Championship is equal to the quality of the teams in the top 10 of Division One, therefore Leeds will hold their own back in the Championship.

Good day all round. :)

Guest Tatty Boabie
Agreed. At last Leeds play the style of football I want them to play, passing and moving, no longer the Reid, Venables, Blackwell and Wise school of HUMP IT UP & HOPE FOR THE BEST :angry:

If we wanted to watch that shite we would have supported Sheffield United, Watford, Sunderland etc.

Kilkenny was brilliant yesterday, reminded me of Bremner at times (and believe me he deserves that high a complement) Beckford misses more than he scores but as stated by Gary Birtles on Sky, he is at least in the right place at the right time and is always eager to have a go, hopefully he will develop the required skills to be a great forward and also learn how to play others into the game.

Freedman is something else, I take everything I slagged about his loan deal back, the man oozes class and together with Beckford they could become the stand out partnership up front of the league.

Wasn't as impressed with Howson as some were, perhaps I am over critical of players like him, to me he labours on the ball and is weak when trying to get the ball back, the same could be said for Sheehan, why did he run the whole way back with the ball when we were going forward and then he miss passed the ball!

Thought Kenton played well and looks solid, if a little slow.

Rui Marquis was his usual immense self, this man is definitely the new Lucas Radebe and I hope his recent appointment of captain remains.

Great to see Johnathan Douglas back, the bloke gives his all for Leeds, you could see what getting back on the pitch meant to him and the fans yesterday.

Bradley Johnson does appear out of his depth at times, he could develop into a player but so far I can't see it happening, possible loan deal out for him in the summer.

Prutton needs a hair cut, he thinks he's Shaun Derry from a few seasons ago. Tired towards the end and started to miss tackles, passes and then got in a right mess clearing the ball, still gave his all.

Still not sure about Michalik, he does clear the ball well but his passing and appearance on the ball is not comfortable, still he is big and powerful and does impose himself.

On the whole it was a much improved Leeds performance and one noticed by many in the league I would presume, we need to win all the remaining games to get into the play offs and even Birtles stated yesterday, the level of football in the Championship is equal to the quality of the teams in the top 10 of Division One, therefore Leeds will hold their own back in the Championship.

Good day all round. :)

Good post, agree with all of that.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Leeds back in the hunt after a good away win at doncaster.

Alan Sheehan scores the winner.

Excellent result..1 point from play offs and high court case will be heard on Thursday next week.