The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
f**k Off! :D

Aww, did I hurt the wee feelings of a nobody from a scottish toon that doesn't understand itself! :lol:

Said it once, say it again, only this time say it loud:

SUPER LEEDS UNITED

We will meet the wee doncaster rovers in the final, should be a cracker.

Wee?

Aww, still got delusions that you're a "big" club, Rinky? :P

Manchester United must be quaking in their boots at the thought that you've reached the play off finals for the old Third Division :rolleyes:

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Wee?

Aww, still got delusions that you're a "big" club, Rinky? :P

Manchester United must be quaking in their boots at the thought that you've reached the play off finals for the old Third Division :rolleyes:

When our return to the Prem is complete, then I will be looking forward to our return to Trafford. :P

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Any true leeds fans want to join a new message forum should join leeds united world.

If it is run by the numptie Les J. then no thanks, he's a moderator who simply doesn't like people stating an opinion very different from his, bans almost everyone, I still reckon it was his actions that lead to the club shutting down the official fans forum.

I will however check things out... ;)

Edit: not impressed with the website, the home page has the home strip from 2006/2007! & it just looks all over the place. I doubt much has been inputed to the website since 2006. It also states it has only 270 registered members of the forum. :o

Try: http://www.leedsunitedfanclub.com/ (if you can get past the cookie issues!)

Edited by Rinky Sidebottom

It is run by a guy called dave wilkinson from castleford who goes under the name of milky on the board and he is helped by spook who is in the newcastle area i think.

Thats why i am telling all the scottish leeds supporters to get on it there are more from australia than scotland.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Not sure of the politics but milky and spook dont seem to like waccoe.

So set up there own forum.

There was a period around 1997 till around 2002, where some moderators on various Leeds United forums, appeared to not particularly like new members or people who expressed concerns over where all the money was coming from to pay for things. They also hated anyone who disagreed with their belief that if you were born in Leeds then you were a better player than anyone who was brought into the club. I remember having a run in with Les J. over Alan Smith after I expressed an opinion that he was not that good a player and that he would move to another club if the money was right, which as we all know materialised.

I don't know why the club don't run an official forum again, they can then have their own moderators and not allow so called "Leeds fans" to make decisions on what is a good topic and what they don't want discussed. Perhaps Mr Bates doesn't like the idea of this!

There are too many Leeds United Forums, most of them are very poor and have a hand full of members who seems to be more geeks than fans.

As I've said previously, I've got my ticket for the final. However, I'm trying to get a ticket for a lad from Penicuik who's been to about 15 matches this season, but doesn't have a membership, and my cousin. I've been trying to get them tickets via Doncaster all day - to no avail (their phone line and web booking service are both busy).

Anyone on here have relatives/friends with a Doncaster post code?

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Members and season ticket holders getting up to 3 extra tickets each if they go and queue at Elland Road on wednesday.

Nothing about on general sale to the public.

Not a member or season ticket holder anymore (due to having a family and living miles away) so I could grumble about not having been able to buy a ticket for this match, I will however accept that those who give money to the club regularly and make the effort to go to every home and away game are more deserving of this occassion than people like me who only make 7 or 8 games a season. I have decided to work on Sunday so that I don't see or hear the game (my nerves can't take it, nor can my wife take my response to all things Leeds United on the telly!) :unsure:

Edited by Rinky Sidebottom

Doncaster have suspended the sale of tickets at their Keepmoat Stadium offices for Sunday's League One play-off final.

Fans of opponents Leeds United and ticket touts have gathered at the ground in the hope of landing tickets for the Wembley showpiece after missing out on the Elland Road club's allocation.

A Doncaster statement read: "It is with great regret that Doncaster Rovers must announce the suspension of sales of tickets at the Keepmoat Stadium ticket office.

"This is a measure that has been forced into place, due to the high amount of Leeds United supporters and ticket touts who have now started grouping outside the perimeter of the Keepmoat Stadium following the Leeds United allocation at Wembley being sold out completely.

"Despite this, e-mail, telephone and fax orders will still be taken; although every application form will be checked alongside our database and thoroughly vetted before tickets are issued.

"Doncaster Rovers apologises for any inconvenience that this may cause."

The Football League are expected to release a statement later on Thursday.