The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Beckford was carried off, do you know what his injury is?

Probably shock that he was playing in the same team as SHITE like Michalik, Parker and Telfer. :angry:

Leeds announce a profit for the 14 month period ending june 2008.

this is taken from the offical website:-

The directors of Leeds United Football Club Limited are pleased to be able to confirm that the audited accounts for the 14-month period to the 30th June 2008 show a profit of £4,553,000.

During the period the club made an operating profit before player trading of £902,000 from a turnover of £23,249,000.

On the field the club are seeking to gain promotion to the Championship at the earliest possible opportunity and to continue strengthening the club's Academy.

Off the field, the directors have identified that the re-purchase of both the Thorp Arch Training Facility and Elland Road as a priority within the next 12 months.

We are also seeking to gain planning consent for the development of the East Stand of the stadium to both increase income generated by the club on non-matchdays and improve matchday facilities for fans.

We would like to thank the club staff and fans for their support.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
We would like to thank the club staff and fans for their support.

Well fecking Smurf can start by putting the prices for home games back down to a level that is equal to the standard of league and of football being played. :angry:

I see we are trying to bring in yet another not good enough player for one club, so must be okay for Leeds, this time it is Wayne Brown from Hull. Well at least it isn't Jamie I'M UTTER SHITE I AM Clapham again & he is at least a defender.

Leeds United CEO Shaun Harvey says the club now needs to draw a line under the past, following the announcement of a £4.5m accounting profit for the period ending June 30 2008.

The CEO also believes that the announcement will surprise many in the footballing world, following confirmation of big losses at other clubs up and down the country.

"We are pleased," he told LUTV. "We've gone through a period of transition here and these results reflect a lot of the good work that has gone on at the club.

"We had an inkling what the results would be. We manage the process on a month by month basis, but I think the results will come as a shock to the football world at a time when many clubs are announcing record losses.

"The fact is that we are operating without being saddled with existing debt from the past and it shows that the club can be run effectively and profitably."

Just six years ago, the club was announcing a rising debt of in excess of £100m and several different boards embarked on various fire sales that first saw players sold off, and then Elland Road and the Thorp Arch training ground were sold off.

In May 2007 the legacy of the debts accrued by previous regimes saw the club plummet into administration.

"We do need to draw a line under the past," said the CEO. "The past is now the past. It can't be pointed at for problems in the future.

"We are running a club which is currently playing in League One and we hope to go forward.

"Our objective is to get promotion as quickly as possible, but we also need to continue the same level of investment into the club's Academy. That's what keeps the club strong for the long-term. It's not about short-term fixes. Everything must have a long-term benefit for the football club."

The CEO also confirmed that the club's future priorities include the re-purchase of the Thorp Arch training ground and, ultimately, Elland Road.

"Both facilities are leased to the club and we do have options to buy them back," he added. "That is another of our priorites for the next period.

"We need to get those back into the ownership to bring them back to the club and that is a key stone placed."

To make only £900000 profit from £23 million turnover just goes to show how BAD the old boards were.

Ok its not a big profit but at least it is profit.If the club wants to buy back Thorp arch and Elland road then the fans are the ones who will have to pay for it in the long term unless Bates sells up and as no one has even been near that aint going to happen.

Leeds are 4/6 for the Histon game!

Histon's ground looks about the size of Stranraer. The tug on the heart strings pishy report with ducks and the local shops and the likes made the place look tiny.

C'mon Leeds! Into these bumpkins!

Shitty weather for kick off. Who decided that having a football match at 12 noon was a good idea?

Edited by Scary Bear

Leeds are 4/6 for the Histon game!

Histon's ground looks about the size of Stranraer. The tug on the heart strings pishy report with ducks and the local shops and the likes made the place look tiny.

C'mon Leeds! Into these bumpkins!

Shitty weather for kick off. Who decided that having a football match at 12 noon was a good idea?

I've got them on my accumulator today. Can't wait to see the state of that pitch at full-time! :lol:

I've got them on my accumulator today. Can't wait to see the state of that pitch at full-time! :lol:

I got a coupon up yesterday (Aberdeen, East Fife, Peterhead) so I stuck a double on Leeds and Chelsea. Looking at the state of the pitch at Histon this could end up 0-0.

That was a shocking miss by Bechio after a good cross by Snodgrass.