The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

We aint no big club at the moment. We may have a fan base for being a big club but we dont have the players and that is where it counts on the pitch not the terracings.

Where's the money going then? The Leeds fanbase is premiership sized and still bring in mediochre players, i know league 1 isn't exactly glitz and glam but a club of that size should atleast be bringing in some quality. 2 players really stand out for me Beckford and Becchio and thats it, so where do Leeds go from here?

Where's the money going then? The Leeds fanbase is premiership sized and still bring in mediochre players, i know league 1 isn't exactly glitz and glam but a club of that size should atleast be bringing in some quality. 2 players really stand out for me Beckford and Becchio and thats it, so where do Leeds go from here?

I reckon you'll be fine where you are. Your going fucking nowhere anyway. sarcastic_hand.gif

Edited by Skoubo

Just back from the game. It was a cracking atmosphere both in and around the stadium, barring the thousands (literally) of riot police... I saw no trouble at all, apart from when I was shoved away from the Billy Bremner statue for standing there too long!!

Millwall were incredibly lucky to take anything from the game - what they will bring to the Championship, footballing wise, I have no idea... Delph and Snodgrass were quite classy, though Beckford had a horror game. Ben Parker's run for the goal was superb.

The Leeds fans were awesome throughout, as they have been for years - they certainly deserve a lot better than the outrageous mismanagement of the last few seasons. Tonight was the biggest football league attendance of the season (Elland Road also has second and third...), and that was inclusive of a ridiculously large area of unoccupied seats for segregation.

Anyone who honestly thinks Leeds would not add to the Premiership, well... they don't know football.

Oh, why was there only six minutes of injury time?! The head knock took at least five... and the Millwall timewasting was comparable only to that of a Hamilton side 1-0 up!

Just back from the game. It was a cracking atmosphere both in and around the stadium, barring the thousands (literally) of riot police... I saw no trouble at all, apart from when I was shoved away from the Billy Bremner statue for standing there too long!!

Millwall were incredibly lucky to take anything from the game - what they will bring to the Championship, footballing wise, I have no idea... Delph and Snodgrass were quite classy, though Beckford had a horror game. Ben Parker's run for the goal was superb.

The Leeds fans were awesome throughout, as they have been for years - they certainly deserve a lot better than the outrageous mismanagement of the last few seasons. Tonight was the biggest football league attendance of the season (Elland Road also has second and third...), and that was inclusive of a ridiculously large area of unoccupied seats for segregation.

Anyone who honestly thinks Leeds would not add to the Premiership, well... they don't know football.

Oh, why was there only six minutes of injury time?! The head knock took at least five... and the Millwall timewasting was comparable only to that of a Hamilton side 1-0 up!

No its precisley becaause of football that they are in the 3rd tier ( again ) of English football. All they would add to the EPL is a laughing stock. Number of fans has nothing whatsoever to do with the position that a team occupies ( unless you want to go down a franchise route like American Football or baseball ). The fact is that they are a crap team who arent good enough to escape the 3rd tier.

Thats what I was thinking. As good a player as Beckford is, Delph has proper star quality (although how much can you really tell from a season in League One).

Sorry lads but my team of choice down here is Everton, i don't give 2 shites about LUFC.

We aint no big club at the moment. We may have a fan base for being a big club but we dont have the players and that is where it counts on the pitch not the terracings.

You are a big club though. Playing squads change, but the fans will always be there. Leeds are still a far bigger club than the likes of Wigan, shite team or not.

I really thought Leeds would win the play-off's this season. I was even waiting for them on my coupon last nite, so convinced they would win but once Millwall scored it was the like the preverbial Hare caught in the headlights. The bottle went. The atmosphere died you could sense on the tv, here we go again.

I know there are a few Leeds fan on here, i'd be interested to know their thoughts but if Grayson had maybe been appointed say before Christmas they might have gone up in an automatic place. They were hot and cold under McAllister.

As for Millwall, I wouldn't judge them totally on what you've watched in the play-offs. I saw them murder Tranmere at Prenton Park earlier in the season and they played some terrific attacking football. Kenny Jackett got his tatics spot-on last night. Kept it tight as long as they could and the equaliser just finished Leeds off.

Edited by Berwick_Canary

Where the f**k is Rinky Sidebottom when you need him. :lol::lol:

He's calling me a "nob" on another site :lol:

Oh so funny to see the cheats getting what they deserved, it's karma for all the bribery that Revie did in the 60's and 70's.

No Millwall came with game plan and it worked, they managed to score a perfectly good goal when needed as Kenny Jackett changed the formation for a while and then defended it.

Footballing wise they are better than Leeds and deserve to be in the final, Leeds lost over 180 minutes and deserve to be going to Exeter and Brentford. :D

Good to see the scum fans disgracing themselves yet again.