The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

A sad day as its been announced Bobby Collins died today:-

bobby-collins_5wleon2p8rx11gik3gsbmzpzk.

We are saddened to announce the passing of our former skipper Bobby Collins.

Bobby, 82, sadly passed away at approximately 3.30pm on Monday afternoon following a battle with illness.

The Glasgow-born Bobby, who made 167 appearances during a five-year stint at Elland Road between 1962 and 1967, scoring 26 goals, was named Footballer Of The Year in 1965 and was instrumental in the rise of the club during Don Revie's tenure.

Bobby, a Scotland international midfielder, was signed by Revie from Everton for £25,000 and after leading the team back to top-flight football in 1964, he almost captained the side to a league and cup double the following season.

The midfielder's playing career spanned over two decades and also included spells with Celtic, Bury, Greenock Morton, Oldham Athletic, and Shamrock Rovers. He also had a spell playing and coaching in Australia.

Bobby also managed Huddersfield Town, Hull City, and Barnsley, and had two spells coaching with Leeds.

Speaking on Monday evening, Bobby's friend and former team-mate, Eddie Gray said: "In my opinion Bobby Collins was probably the most influential player in the history of Leeds United. He will be sadly missed by all who knew him and played with him."

Our thoughts are with Bobby's family and friends at this time.

RIP.

Edited by WE ARE LEEDS

An announcement from the MD tonight on the OS:-

Managing director David Haigh has moved to reassure fans that the planned acquisition of a majority shareholding in the club is continuing to move closer.

The club’s MD, who passed the Football League's fit and proper person test for directors in 2012, is joined by Andrew Flowers, managing director of Leeds United’s main sponsor Enterprise Insurance, as part of the consortium Sport Capital which has signed a share purchase agreement with current majority stakeholders GFH Capital.

David Haigh said: “The process has taken longer than we anticipated and we would like to thank the fans for their patience. Since signing the original share acquisition documentation, we have been in continual talks with GFH Capital about the finer details of running the club. This has been an ongoing process, but I’d like to reassure everyone that we are working towards a successful conclusion sooner rather than later.”

GFH Capital confirmed in a statement to the Dubai Stock Exchange this week that an agreement was in place to sell a shareholding to a group of British investors.

Andrew Flowers said: “After a lot of hard work we’re almost ready to complete the deal. We have taken the time to ensure the terms of the deal will be in the best interests of everyone who wants to see Leeds United firmly on course for a long term and sustainable return to the top level of English Football.”

Chairman Salah Nooruddin added: “Everyone is working very hard to bring this to a successful conclusion. Everyone involved has the best interests of the club at heart, and we are all looking forward to the future.”

- See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/e3pgat76fmb71ly9mgvwcjr0n/title/md-moves-to-reassure-fans#sthash.LxyzFxPa.dpuf

The text"ellis" Campaign

icon_post_target.gifby textellis » Yesterday, 22:10

As a Leicester City supporter, I hope you all don't mind me joining your forum, but there is good reason!

My son suffers from a rare chromosome disorder called MECP2 Duplication Syndrome, which affects many aspects of his development. Recently a breakthrough has been made in research and a cure is now a possibility!

Due to how rare his condition is, there is no funding available from the government, so we are having to raise the money ourselves. As his Daddy, I'm not prepared to sit and do nothing to fight for my little boys future!

This season, along with 2 of Ellis' uncles, I will be cycling to every Leicester City away fixture, promoting a text code and number. Anyone will be able to donate to our cause by simply texting MECP77 followed by £1, £2, £3, £5 or £10 to 70070.

We have completed all 12 away games so far this season, racking up around 1700 miles with visits to Middlesbrough, Derby, Charlton, Blackpool, Yeovil, Doncaster, Watford, Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday, Brighton, QPR and Millwall.

More information on the challenge and my sons condition can be found at http://www.textellis.com or you can visit my JustGiving page http://www.justgiving.com/textellis. I really hope that some of you would like to donate to the campaign, even if it is just £1 EVERY little helps!

You can follow our progress on Twitter @textellis or "Like" us on Facebook www.facebook.com/textellis

This saturday the whole of the Leicester City team will be warming up before the match wearing text"ellis" t-shirts, which we hope will help raise awareness for the campaign, with the match live on Sky Sports! The response we have received from clubs and supporters so far has been overwhelming, with our current running total, including pledges, standing at over £50,000!

We may support different teams, but sometimes things are that little bit more important in life and I hope we can join together and make the Leeds United leg of my journey a real success!

Richard

This was posted on a LUFC forum and i have donated to it.

Edited by WE ARE LEEDS

West ham have offered Leeds £3 million for Ross McCormack.

Looks like he will be gone as cant see GFH/Sports Capital turning down that much money for him.

It was four million and it got turned down,WHU are reportatly coming back in with 5 million for him later today.

Well i was wrong about Ross staying.

As for the takeover it looks like Sports Capital have angered GFH by reducing their offer after the due diligance process and the whole deal looks like being called off.

Also Varney it seems refused to play last night so he didnt get injured so his move to Blackburn goes through.

Sport Capital’s troubled bid to buy Leeds United has collapsed.

United managing director David Haigh - a key figure in the Sport Capital consortium - conceded defeat this lunchtime, two months to the day after the group struck a deal to purchase a 75 per cent stake from Leeds owner Gulf Finance House.

His announcement casts further doubt over the future of the Elland Road club with Cagliari owner Massimo Cellino and another consortium led by Manchester United director Mike Farnan now involved in a two-horse race for a majority shareholding in Leeds.

Haigh’s statement in full reads:

“I have spent more than a year working for what I passionately believe are the best interests of Leeds United FC. During that time I have received fantastic support from the club’s staff and the fans. I have also been grateful for the full and continuing support of GFH Capital and my fellow board members at Leeds United FC

“My primary aim has always been to source the additional strategic investment necessary to take the club forward. Last year what I believed was the right opportunity presented itself in the shape of a chance for me to lead a consortium of investors, under the name of Sport Capital, to acquire a major stakeholding in the club.

“As fans know, we signed a share acquisition agreement with GFH Capital at the end of last year. This meant, I believed, that we were in a position to move things forward and complete the transaction in time for the January transfer window.

“Throughout every stage of the process we sought to keep fans as fully updated as possible on the progress of the negotiations. I can personally assure each and every supporter that every public statement made regarding the acquisition was made in the utmost good faith

“Unfortunately, however, some of the consortium’s backers ultimately didn’t feel able to deliver the financial backing we had hoped was agreed to take the club forward.

“Despite this, the future of this club remains the most important thing to me personally and I remain totally committed to putting the right team and backing in place to ensure that Leeds United can move forward.

“It is an indication of that commitment that in recent months the Sports Capital consortium and I personally have injected substantial sums into the club to ensure its viability. At the same time neither my life nor my job has been made easier by the personal intrusions and abuse directed towards me on social media or by some of the smear campaigns against me personally. Equally, some of the speculation and stories published in the media have made things difficult for everyone, including the staff, players and supporters.

“I have met many, many potential investors over the past year and, sadly, while many are keen to talk the talk, they have been unable or unwilling to deliver in financial terms. Nevertheless these talks continue with a number of parties to seek the best possible outcome for Leeds United.”

Leeds reject a £4million bid from Cardiff for Ross McCormack.

Ross issues a statement:-

Ross statement
"I am content at Leeds as captain and happy to stay here for the next six months under Brian McDermott"

Also look like Callino has bought 75% of the club from GFH Capital for £25 million.

Leeds reject a £4million bid from Cardiff for Ross McCormack.

Ross issues a statement:-

Ross statement

"I am content at Leeds as captain and happy to stay here for the next six months under Brian McDermott"

Also look like Callino has bought 75% of the club from GFH Capital for £25 million.

Rumours going round on twitter that McDermott has been sacked.