The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

• 2 weeks later...
News CONNOR READY TO FIRE UP PLAY-OFF PUSH

New striker can't wait to get started...

connor-wickham-signs_113ouusy8o7qp1huzd3

New loan signing Connor Wickham is hoping to play his part in firing Leeds United towards the Play-Off places.

The England Under-21 international has joined the club from Sunderland on loan until the end of the season, and says he can’t wait to get started.

“I need to be playing football,” said the striker, who scored eight goals in 11 games while on loan at Sheffield Wednesday earlier this seaon.

“I’d been playing at Wednesday and I knew there was some interest in me, but I just needed to focus on playing football.

“Once I heard Leeds were interested in signing me there were no other choices and no doubt I wanted to come.

“I played against Leeds earlier this season with Sheffield Wednesday. The potential here is big. There are some players here that I know already, and the team is looking to push towards the Play-Offs. Hopefully I can help with that.

“I just want to play football and do the best I can, and hopefully push the team into the promotion picture.”

- See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1o0981mgi74561h2f95eckrs6n/title/connor-ready-to-fire-up-play-off-push#sthash.KUAlSm01.dpuf
Edited by WE ARE LEEDS

Football League statement:
A Football League spokesman said: "At its meeting today, the Board of The Football League gave detailed consideration to the proposed takeover of Leeds United by Eleonora Sport Limited.

"The Board discussed the eligibility of the proposed purchasers under the Owners' and Directors' Test and examined evidence of both the source and sufficiency of funding. The majority of outstanding issues have now been resolved to The League's satisfaction and the Board anticipates receiving further information on the remaining issues, from the representatives of Eleonora, in the next week.

"The Board recognises the pressing need to resolve the matter and to provide certainty to all parties. It therefore anticipates being able to reach a conclusion in the next ten days."

• 2 weeks later...

Well another hard fought win which should see us safe.

Wasnt pretty but we have hardly played pretty football all season, we just seem to grind out wins.

Holloway should also keep his mouth shut about the Leeds takeover and concentrate on doing his job at Millwall as they have more problems by being in the relegation zone.

Peltier loan deal has fallen through at the moment.

Also on saturday at HT a certain Mr Vinnie Jones made a return to ER to hand back his 89-90 Second division winners medal to be put on display by the club.

Pics of the day:-

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1hh7auyo9hql51ejiytdl2kfhg/title/gallery-vinnies-return