The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Any news on players he is interested in signing in the transfer window?

I was looking over the kind of players who Leeds may be interested in and have a few suggestions:

Danny Mills - On loan somewhere (Charlton) I think, former fans favourite and I'm sure would be delighted to return to Leeds, he's tough as nails and was a far better player than many gave him credit for. "Danny Mills Is Fucking Magic"

Stephen Bell (Stirling Albion) - I admit this is only because I have watched this lad for the last 4 years and he has improved his game almost every season, he's a midfield player who is by far the best player at Stirling and I reckon deserves his chance at a bigger club, so why not Leeds. Take him on loan for the rest of the season and I think with some work he could turn out to be a cracking attacking midfield player.

Sammy Moore (Ipswich) - Young central midfield player who Leeds have shown interest in for a few weeks.

John Hartson (WBA) - Basically for his experience and his ability to score goals out of nothing, appears to have lost his way since leaving Celtic and perhaps needs a new challenge, so why not at Leeds. Not a 90 minute player anymore, but great to have in the squad and bring on for the last 30 minutes or start the game.

Rob Jones (Hibs) - Tall central defender who Leeds wanted at start of season, it appear he still wants to leave Hibs and return to England, so I reckon we will have another go.

Guest Tatty Boabie
None yet. I wonder if he will have a go at trying to bring in Hartson from WBA for a loan period, he's available and I reckon could do us a job in Division One.

He would be a handful in League 1

Guest Tatty Boabie
Grammer ? :blink:

What i have highlighted in bold is what my statement is aimed in response to i.e smart business tycoon,Peter Risdale,annihilated your daft wee club to benifit of one far more worth while.

Having to explain this to someone of far greater intelligance is outrageous.<_<

Daft wee club?

To benefit of one far more worth while?

What are you talking about?

No club has the right to suggest that is in anyway more worthwhile than any other club. I certainly wouldn't suggest that Leeds were more worthwhile than Cardiff, because that would be insulting to Cardiff fans. Just in the same way as I do not feel that Celtic are any more worthwhile than Forfar Athletic, because Forfar is just as "worthwhile" to its fans as Celtic is to its fans.

To suggest that any club is more worthwhile than any other is proposterous, and self-important, and not in the true spirit of being a real football fan.

Rant over.

Guest Tatty Boabie
Very good reply by yourself first off all.Didn't think such a poor insult towards you club could get such a bite.

Alright, you got me.

It's been about year since I took the bait on Pie & Bovril.

Apologies for the over-reaction.

Not a bad rant though.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Being soft isn't going to make me go away. :rolleyes:

Nah, like a fly around shite, yer always sticking your bits into things that have nothing to do with you. :lol:

Guest Rinky Sidebottom

Alan Thompson back in the starting line up today. :thumsup2 As he is the official club captain it is great to have him back. COME ON LEEDS

YES....1-0 Johnny Howson....Full Time. :D

Early indications are that we are now 3rd.

1 point off the top, although we have played 1 game more than Nottm For. & 2 more than Swansea.

Edited by Rinky Sidebottom

Guest Tatty Boabie
Alan Thompson back in the starting line up today. :thumsup2 As he is the official club captain it is great to have him back. COME ON LEEDS

YES....1-0 Johnny Howson....Full Time. :D

Early indications are that we are now 3rd.

1 point off the top, although we have played 1 game more than Nottm For. & 2 more than Swansea.

Good result somehow. Was listening to it on Radio Leeds, and by all accounts Bristol Rovers were the better side.

Still, another 3 points grinded out when we didn't play well. :)

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Good result somehow. Was listening to it on Radio Leeds, and by all accounts Bristol Rovers were the better side.

Still, another 3 points grinded out when we didn't play well. :)

I don't care what anyone says, to be -15 points at the start of the season after being relegated and nearly closed down and now 4 months later sitting 3rd in the league with the possibility of being top before the year ends is amazing by any standards, we have obliterated all records for crowds in the division and still get more fans at home games than most premiership clubs.

LEEDS UNITED AND PROUD.

Guest Tatty Boabie
I don't care what anyone says, to be -15 points at the start of the season after being relegated and nearly closed down and now 4 months later sitting 3rd in the league with the possibility of being top before the year ends is amazing by any standards, we have obliterated all records for crowds in the division and still get more fans at home games than most premiership clubs.

LEEDS UNITED AND PROUD.

Leeds United and proud :)

Guest Tatty Boabie
Being soft isn't going to make me go away. :rolleyes:

I don't want you to go away. Now I know what you're about, I look forward to some banter.

I won't be as easy to reel in next time :rolleyes:

Guest Tatty Boabie
fuckin superb B)

i hope to go down and see a game before the end of the season hopefully its the title winning game :D

marching on together

Welcome to the club, brother. ;)

Welcome to the club, brother. ;)

:D

ive made it to a couple of leeds games, against both the OF surprisingly!

Only game at Elland Road was the Gary Kellys testimonial against Celtic which ended up er....4-1 to the tic

Other was 1-1 at Ibrox with Alan Smith scoring.

Would love to see a proper game though but i'll need to work it around StMirrens fixtures :(