The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Is there still a Scottish supporters club? It doesn't mention one of the official Leeds supporters club website?
Like many clubs around during the good days, this club has ceased to exist. It's a shame because it would appear their is the fan base for a Scottish Supporters Club to be run and not used as a mates social gathering. The only way clubs like those can run is if they make the travel and accommodation cheaper than it would be if you booked things on your own, sadly I can't see how this can happen. Edited by Rinky Sidebottom

Like many clubs around during the good days, this club has ceased to exist. It's a shame because it would appear their is the fan base for a Scottish Supporters Club to be run and not used as a mates social gathering. The only way clubs like those can run is if they make the travel and accommodation cheaper than it would be if you booked things on your own, sadly I can't see how this can happen.

Ther are still a few in Ireland but most are in Yorkshire obviously. There are Liverpool, Man U and Man City supporters clubs all within 5 miles of where I live <_<

Is there still a Scottish supporters club? It doesn't mention one of the official Leeds supporters club website?

No there isn't. The paperwork and a reasonable amount of funds are lying hoping that one day a group of fans will pick up the gauntlet again, it really takes significant time and effort investment. I ran it for a number of years, but had to give it up for family reasons.

I was a member of that for a few seasons, you got us tickets for the Rangers game I think.

I gave up running the club at the beginning of 2000, so if you're talking about the pre-season friendly in August 2002, it was probably a guy from Falkland, near St Andrews that got you the tickets. He ran a bus from that area to the match at Ibrox-where we enjoyed warm hospitality at a nearby bowling club.

Like many clubs around during the good days, this club has ceased to exist. It's a shame because it would appear their is the fan base for a Scottish Supporters Club

There were over 150 members of the club, and a good number of non-members that also attended matches, used the buses etc. There was/is a great number of Leeds fans in the Aberdeen area (I know guys that still drive down from Aberdeen, leaving at 3 in the morning & have a kip on the outskirts of Leeds before heading into the city), and at one time there was even 3 season ticket holders in Tain that travelled down to virtually all home matches.

Guest Tatty Boabie
What games have all you Leeds fans been to?

Here are mine -

Leeds V Man Utd 1997 1-0 Leeds Wetherall.

Troyes v Leeds 2001 uefa beat 3-2 but through on away goals.

Rangers v Leeds 2002 1-1 friendly.

Leeds v Middlesborough 2004 0-3 pish.

Cardiff v Leeds 2004 0-0.

Leeds v Reading 2006 1-1.

Leeds v Plymouth 2007 2-1.

..and heading down to the Brighton game on the 29th March.

Far too many to list or mention. Season ticket holder for 3 years, and went to away matches with the York branch of the supporters club.

We need an away win tomorrow at Crewe.

No there isn't. The paperwork and a reasonable amount of funds are lying hoping that one day a group of fans will pick up the gauntlet again, it really takes significant time and effort investment. I ran it for a number of years, but had to give it up for family reasons.

When I'm able to get down to games, I reckon I'll get in contact with a supporters club down in Yorkshire for tickets ect. If a Scottish club did start again I'd defo join it though.

When I'm able to get down to games, I reckon I'll get in contact with a supporters club down in Yorkshire for tickets ect. If a Scottish club did start again I'd defo join it though.

I think there is still an active supporters group in Darlington. If you are a Leeds United member, there is a group in Carlisle: http://www.leedsunited.com/page/RegionalLi...,,10273,00.html

Guest Rinky Sidebottom

Crewe 0 v SUPER LEEDS UNITED 1 :D

We played well throughout the game and should have won by more than 1 goal, Beckford missing quite a few chances.

All the new players played well, especially Sweeney who was at the heart of everything.

6,700 crowd of which Leeds brought 2,000 odds, brilliant for a Monday night game which is also being shown on Sky TV.

Good night throughout.

Guest Tatty Boabie
Crewe 0 v SUPER LEEDS UNITED 1 :D

We played well throughout the game and should have won by more than 1 goal, Beckford missing quite a few chances.

All the new players played well, especially Sweeney who was at the heart of everything.

6,700 crowd of which Leeds brought 2,000 odds, brilliant for a Monday night game which is also being shown on Sky TV.

Good night throughout.

Yes, we should have won by more, but it was nice to see the new signings bedding in well. Sweeney's delivery was very good, Kilkenny looks like he could boss the midfield, although put some passes astray, and Kenton looked reasonably solid in defence. Johnson had a few good touches when he came on.

Come on Leeds!!!!!

Guest Tatty Boabie
Another big game this weekend with a local derby against doncaster.

Will settle for any win to keep the momentum going.

Absolutely, 1-0 and very dull will do me.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom

Remember going out with a girl from Balby in Doncaster many years ago, I was taken to the delight that was their old football ground to watch a dull dull game v Bury (I think), then off to a pub in the centre of town that used to be a church, very 80's and I now realise I wasn't really that keen on the girl either... <_<

As agreed, 1-0 bore win will do.

Edited at 5.53pm - We lost 0-1, I'm not sure about the performance because neither BBC nor Leeds United FC website will give details of the game, that said, I am disappointed as usual with another 0-1 home defeat and would now question whether or not our players are anxious when we play at home, quite frankly it's not good enough.

Edited by Rinky Sidebottom

Guest Tatty Boabie
Remember going out with a girl from Balby in Doncaster many years ago, I was taken to the delight that was their old football ground to watch a dull dull game v Bury (I think), then off to a pub in the centre of town that used to be a church, very 80's and I now realise I wasn't really that keen on the girl either... <_<

Edited at 5.53pm - We lost 0-1, I'm not sure about the performance because neither BBC nor Leeds United FC website will give details of the game, that said, I am disappointed as usual with another 0-1 home defeat and would now question whether or not our players are anxious when we play at home, quite frankly it's not good enough.

Absolutely dire performance, Doncaster deserved to win by more, according to the commentary on Radio Leeds. :(

Vicki Pollard ?

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Vicki Pollard ?

Nah, I leave gals like that for the geeks of the society we live in, you know the ones that tend to hang around areas such as Port Glasgow, Greenock, Ferguslie Park, Paisley etc.... :lol: