The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Here is what warnock said after the game :-

"I'm disappointed," said Warnock "I made six changes, but I would have expected my team to do better than that.

"We couldn't cope with their front two. If you defend like we did you are going to get beat, and their two centre forwards bullied our defence from start to finish.

"The players let me down, although I did think Calvin Andrews was terrific. He did as much as was humanely possible in a bad performance, and I want to apologise to him for the others letting him down."

Guest Rinky Sidebottom

Not a fan of Warnock and have usually hated the clubs he has managed, apparently he has always been annoyed that Leeds United never gave him the opportunity to manage them.

Hopefully this result will be the start of us going on a good run, to be honest drubbing teams in the cups is of no use if we loose or draw with teams in the league, we MUST get promoted this season, not the play offs again...PROMOTED.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
looks like leeds are going to get a windfall payment from milners move to aston villa.

lets hope uncle ken doesnt pocket the money and makes it avaliable to strengthen the squad.

We get a seven figure sum, so perhaps a bit of both! I'm I the only one who thinks Milner isn't that good and certainly isn't worth £10m ?

Edited by Rinky Sidebottom

I have seen the fee quoted as £12 million so leeds might even get £2m out of that.

He is still learning the game i think he is a good player just his finishing crosses need to be worked on.

The problem is you have to pay £10m just to get an average player these days.

Unfortunatly due to sky and setanta putting more money into the game transfer fees will just spiral upwards.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/leed...City.4451156.jp

report from tonight's match. Crowd in excess of 20k, well done to both sets of fans for turning out is such numbers for a nothing cup tie.

Was at the game against Bradford. Truly unbelievable atmosphere for a Johnstone's Paint Trophy game with a lot of needle as it was a local derby. I know how the ended up in League One but all the same a tragic story for a club the size of Leeds with a fanatical support and great set-up.

post-8604-1220735912.jpg