The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Was at game on Saturday, not being a Leeds or MK dons fan just fancied it. Sodje had an absolute blinder never missed a thing but was taken off with what looked like a nasty strain.

I have to say I was very impressed with Leeds, played some fantastic football at times and Beckford looks a real find.

27,000 there too and a superb atmosphere. However there were some absolutely scary looking Leeds fans, we walked into a city centre pub at about 12:30 and the whole place was decked out in burberry caps and Stone Island gear. As we walked in the whole place turned and stared at us (I know we were from Berwick but we surely don't look that odd? :lol: ) and this was a Wetherspoons boozer. Anyway we put it down to bad luck. However on the shuttle bus on the way back to city bus was the same, some very nasty looks from one guy in paticular whilst another was discussing seig heiling (sp) in Krakow town centre.

Anyway must say I enjoyed my first visit to Elland Road I'll just stay out of the boozers next time.

They were probably looking for a few MK Dongers to kick the f**k out of.

Well done to the string beads for beating the MK scum. B)

...and put Millwall in the unusual position of being the team everyone is supporting.

Was at game on Saturday, not being a Leeds or MK dons fan just fancied it. Sodje had an absolute blinder never missed a thing but was taken off with what looked like a nasty strain.

I have to say I was very impressed with Leeds, played some fantastic football at times and Beckford looks a real find.

27,000 there too and a superb atmosphere. However there were some absolutely scary looking Leeds fans, we walked into a city centre pub at about 12:30 and the whole place was decked out in burberry caps and Stone Island gear. As we walked in the whole place turned and stared at us (I know we were from Berwick but we surely don't look that odd? :lol: ) and this was a Wetherspoons boozer. Anyway we put it down to bad luck. However on the shuttle bus on the way back to city bus was the same, some very nasty looks from one guy in paticular whilst another was discussing seig heiling (sp) in Krakow town centre.

Anyway must say I enjoyed my first visit to Elland Road I'll just stay out of the boozers next time.

Had to fly from Leeds to Amsterdam for the Scotland game and it was rather interesting.

Sat in the Wetherspoons before heading to the airport and we got some strange looks, and similar when we arrived home, but got chatting to a few boys who were sound.

The shuttle bus back to Leeds from the airport was full of Scotland fans and one guy walking along completely lost it, pointing, screaming and gesticulating in our direction. Sad, sad little man :lol:

Fudge will recall we got chatting to Leeds fans at Preston after an Everton game once and they were happy to chat with us. Though one seemed to like Raith Rovers <_< but I didn't argue as he was built like a brick shithoose.

Leeds have confirmed the play-off dates which are as follows :-

Although our League One Play-Off semi-final opponents have yet to be decided, the club can confirm the following dates and KO times subject to the permutations below.

LEEDS FINISH 3RD

Friday 8th May Away v Scunthorpe or Tranmere 19:45

Thursday 14th May Home v Scunthorpe or Tranmere 19:45

LEEDS FINISH 4TH AND MK DONS FINISH 5TH

Saturday 9th May Away v MK Dons 12:45

Thursday 14th May Home v MK Dons 19:45

LEEDS FINISH 4TH AND MILLWALL FINISH 5TH

Saturday 9th May Away v Millwall 12:45

Thursday 14th May Home v Millwall 19:45

LEEDS FINISH 5TH AND MK DONS FINISH 4TH

Saturday 9th May Home v MK Dons 12:45

Friday 15th May Away v MK Dons 19:45

LEEDS FINISH 5TH AND MILLWALL FINISH 4TH

Saturday 9th May Home v Millwall 12:45

Thursday 14th May Away v Millwall 19:45

14th May... Elland Road for the play-off semi vs. Millwall - YES PLEASE!!! Was at the Preston North End semi on the Friday night in 2006, it was incredible - this promises even more.

Tickets for the home leg of our Play-Off semi-final home leg with Millwall are now on general sale.

The two sides meet at Elland Road in the second leg on Thursday May 14 (19.45pm).

As of Saturday evening, there was limited availability in the North Stands, but there were plenty of tickets remaining in the South Stand and East Upper, priced at £21 adults and £9 juniors.

The Ticket Office is closed on Sunday and Monday, and re-opens on Tuesday May 5 at 9am.

Fans wishing to book tickets for the Play-Off semi-final home leg are advised to visit our Online Ticket Office, by clicking on the link at the foot of the page.

Sunday May 3 is the deadline for fans wishing to apply for tickets for the away leg, which will be played on Saturday May 9 (7.45pm).

The club has received an allocation of 1000 tickets for the away game with Millwall receiving the same number for their trip to Elland Road.

Tickets for the home leg of our Play-Off semi-final home leg with Millwall are now on general sale.

The two sides meet at Elland Road in the second leg on Thursday May 14 (19.45pm).

As of Saturday evening, there was limited availability in the North Stands, but there were plenty of tickets remaining in the South Stand and East Upper, priced at £21 adults and £9 juniors.

The Ticket Office is closed on Sunday and Monday, and re-opens on Tuesday May 5 at 9am.

Fans wishing to book tickets for the Play-Off semi-final home leg are advised to visit our Online Ticket Office, by clicking on the link at the foot of the page.

Sunday May 3 is the deadline for fans wishing to apply for tickets for the away leg, which will be played on Saturday May 9 (7.45pm).

The club has received an allocation of 1000 tickets for the away game with Millwall receiving the same number for their trip to Elland Road.

If there are only 1000 away tickets they should be fairly safe on the 'bother' front.

That's better. :)

Has anyone went to see 'The Damned United' yet? Is it worth a visit to my local cinema?

I read the book & it's very bleak, but go watch the film or wait for the dvd, it's far more upbeat & funny than the book.

The game is missing a Cloughie & I unfortunately Nigel aint his dad.

Grim

The book and the film are UTTER CRAP and in my view the film should never have been made.

Having been a Leeds supporter all my days i remember these times and the what the guy wrote in the book is utter fiction.

Johnny Giles took him to court and won that says it all.

Dont buy the book or go and see the film.