Worst Team

Guest Ayr United FC

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Parfait Medou-Otye

1. Andy Carlin (most assists in one season- for opposition teams though)

2. Michael Renwick (maybe a bit harsh as he only played 4 or 5 times but he was ginger & pish)

3. Darren Davies (once on Spurs books- clearly Christian Gross had been on the disco biscuits)

4. Stuart Rafferty (only Morton player Ive ever seen injure himself while celebrating)

5. Neil Shearer (the danger signs were there when Lavety bounced off him)

6. Anton Smith (in fairness to him he nutmegged Junior Mendes once)

7. Colin Reilly (Very fat, very pish, but in fairness he tried everything to hide the fact he had ginger hair)

8. John Fowler (He once took a penalty with the outside of his foot. He missed.)

9. Ian Ferguson (open goal at Inverness, 3 yards out.... out the stadium. Probably the high point of his Morton career)

10. Derek Laing (ginger, slow, rubbish, wore terrible shoes)

11. Artur Correia (away to Alloa, substitute Correia reached the pinnacle of his Morton career when he kicked his standing leg while trying to cross the ball.)

Honourable mentions to: Andre Boe, Graham Ogg, Andy "Come on, let's get Peden out here" Brownrigg, Stuart Riddle and Ian McDonald.

John Gibson was bad with us but I dont grudge him that, as others said he was mid 30s and never let us down in terms of effort. He did however let us down in front of open goals at Palmerston!

I read 2 different Stirling Albion supporters saying Joe Tortalano would be in their worst ever 11....Surely not...i always thought he was a decent wee player with Hibs. Surely there cannot be 2 Tortalanos :rolleyes:

1. Andy Carlin (most assists in one season- for opposition teams though)

2. Michael Renwick (maybe a bit harsh as he only played 4 or 5 times but he was ginger & pish)

3. Darren Davies (once on Spurs books- clearly Christian Gross had been on the disco biscuits)

4. Stuart Rafferty (only Morton player Ive ever seen injure himself while celebrating)

5. Neil Shearer (the danger signs were there when Lavety bounced off him)

6. Anton Smith (in fairness to him he nutmegged Junior Mendes once)

7. Colin Reilly (Very fat, very pish, but in fairness he tried everything to hide the fact he had ginger hair)

8. John Fowler (He once took a penalty with the outside of his foot. He missed.)

9. Ian Ferguson (open goal at Inverness, 3 yards out.... out the stadium. Probably the high point of his Morton career)

10. Derek Laing (ginger, slow, rubbish, wore terrible shoes)

11. Artur Correia (away to Alloa, substitute Correia reached the pinnacle of his Morton career when he kicked his standing leg while trying to cross the ball.)

You got a problem with people with ginger hair or something? Wanna take this outside B)

Surely there cannot be 2 Tortalanos :rolleyes:

There's loads of them they're a big family, went to school with Michael. :lol:

Actually, Tortolano wasnae that bad at the Albion IMO, not great either, mind.

He now works for the facilities contractors, FES, at Prudential!!!

There's loads of them they're a big family, went to school with Michael. :lol:

Actually, Tortolano wasnae that bad at the Albion IMO, not great either, mind.

He now works for the facilities contractors, FES, at Prudential!!!

I was just thinking Stirling must have had some great full backs for that level if he is the worst that you have had. Also am i right in thinking someone named Lindsay Hamilton as i saw him against Rangers and he was excellent. I know we signed him but i dont think he ever got into the 1st team as we signed Bonnie ginseberg

Also am i right in thinking someone named Lindsay Hamilton as i saw him against Rangers and he was excellent.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

THE single worst goalkeeper I have ever saw in an Albion jersey. The only one who comes close is that other clown we had on loan from your lot recently, Robert Giacomi.

:lol::lol::lol:

THE single worst goalkeeper I have ever saw in an Albion jersey. The only one who comes close is that other clown we had on loan from your lot recently, Robert Giacomi.

Your joking...sh*t i heard he was a decent prospect....ahh well... there you go. I know Lindsay Hamilton had a big fallout with Souness over the Ginseberg affair...we all thought that he had been wronged but maybe Souness knew what he was doing all along. :rolleyes:

Been watching morton since 96/97 and can come up with this:

8. Gary Tweedie

11. Sean Curran

Matt Boswell

Eddie Annand

disagree with all of these, Tweedie and Curran were both young players who looked decent but didnt have enough to make it. Matt Boswell was a good keeper for Morton and Eddie Annand even though he signed for the scum he played his part in us winning the third division

disagree with all of these, Tweedie and Curran were both young players who looked decent but didnt have enough to make it. Matt Boswell was a good keeper for Morton and Eddie Annand even though he signed for the scum he played his part in us winning the third division

Tweedie and Curran couldn't play a pass, Annand was a work shy ar*ehole who scored a few times from 2 yards, and he had that flick on in the build up to that Scott Bannerman goal, but apart from that he was useless, never looked interested, don't think he ran once. As for Boswell, I never rated him at the time he played for us although as time has passed and I have tried to erase that era from my memory I may have merged some of Carlins and Boswells performances in my mind.

Played as a Trialist for the Beanos and wasn't that bad but wasn't anything special.

1- Lindsay Hamilton...on the basis that if he is Stirling Albions worst.....

2-Hugh Burns....true blue he is...pure shi*e he was

3-Jim Denny....absolutely rank

4-Stuart Baillie...i think that was his name ...early 80s..he played during Griegs days

5-Gregor Stevens... :lol::lol::lol:

6-Kenny Watson...He scored some decent goals but was never a player

7-Chris Burke..THE boy should go in the summer..flatters to deceive..also a cheat!!

8-Jim Bett...i know he was a decent player..but he left as his wife disliked scottish weather...i believe she was from iceland...he later returned to Aberdeen!!

9-Sandy Clark..Another early 80s misfit

10-Bobby Williamson...see above

11-Ted Mcminn...on his day he would be close to the 'best xi' butjesus..sometimes...

And people think Rangers have problems now.................... :rolleyes:

10-Bobby Williamson...see above

And people think Rangers have problems now.................... :rolleyes:

When the obese one broke his leg in Australia due to what was termed as horseplay I actually thought he'd broken his leg trying to jump a fence at a racecourse. :(

7-Chris Burke..THE boy should go in the summer..flatters to deceive..also a cheat!!

You're right, he is quite deceiving.

You start off thinking he must be as pish as the rest of your average team, then realise he's actually a terrific player. ;)

You're right, he is quite deceiving.

You start off thinking he must be as pish as the rest of your average team, then realise he's actually a terrific player. ;)

You can have him on loan anytime mate...then i can tell you i told you so...never fit, runs into trouble to often,when he finally does get to the line he hits the 1st defender, doesnt score/shoot enough but worst of all my eyes..He dives..i f...ing hate players who go down easily...regardless of who they play for!!! As i said our worst right sided player....I did think of Sionko but to be honest i have not seen enough of him to compare the 2!!!

• 9 years later...

Worst XIs are much more difficult to pick than best XIs because there are so many players perceived as fucking useless. I will however consider my worst Pars XI over the next 10 minutes or so. In a move that surprises no-one Stephen Simmons makes the starting 11.

My worst Pars XI (and I am showing my age with a couple of selections).

1. Tom Carson

2. Rab Shannon

3. Scott Muirhead

4. Gary Paterson

5. David Linighan

6. Stephen Simmons

7. Freddie Daquin

8. Derek Ferguson

9. Georgi Hristov

10. Bartosz Tarachulski

11. Andy Campbell

To be honest including Daquin is probably harsh but I couldn't think of anyone else in that position. Andy Campbell is also out of position but he is in the same position as he was played in the 2006 League Cup final.

Archived