Equine Eggstravaganza

igor

I mentioned this a few pages ago but.....

Does anyone think 10/1 for Kauto Star in the Gold Cup too big?

Iv lumped £20 on it

Was 12/1 in places after the race last week!

Certainly worth an EW chance at that price. There wouldn't be a dry eye in the house if that thing managed to win a 3rd Gold Cup!

Look out for Midnight Chase (20/1) at the moment - definitely in with a shout at big odds!

Time For Rupert has also been a horse tipped up & backed on this thread over the last couple of years. It is now 5/2 clear favourite for the RSA chase earlier in the week.

Should we start a specific thread for the Cheltenham Festival? Thus leaving the forum clear for day to day stuff?

I am indeed thinkin of going fella. I have a mate who stays in Hereford which isn't too far from Cheltenham so would just stay there. Would love to take the Mrs but she doesn't really like it.

Defently going to Perth a few times this year! Beautiful little racecourse!

No, but you're certainly top boy :lol: Look who's second :lol: This thread went off for a while when all these bamsticks started posting. Will have a look at it more often now.

Never forget the day Kayster nearly tipped a fourfold at Carlisle(i think)?? and the final horse was second and the poor guy didn't get the bet on and he took it on the chin with a c'est la vie attitude.All credit to him

Just have to try and get through it!

Fond memories of Kaysters tips. Was on for several thousand going into the last race, was pipped on the line by McCoy. Won several hunderd pounds though and still spent the weekend feeling sorry for myself :lol:

Edited by DJP

Try the Cheltenham website ya lazy sod :P

Seriously,I think they range from about £20 upwards for advanced sales but more expensive on the day but I'm sure pp or djp will put me right.

Plenty of touts about on the day (could say more, but would probably be branded racist.... f**k it....You will see no black people at Cheltenham races except for the touts, so if you have no tickets, approach a black person, they will be selling :lol: as well as asking to buy spare tickets off you). Last year was the first year I had seen tickets still available on gold cup day at the ticket office, shows how hard the recession has hit.

Plenty of tickets still available, I ordered my 5 for the best mate stand only a few weeks ago. £35 a ticket. Generally speaking you get what you pay for. Wouldn't pay anything less then £35 on the friday unless you plan to see nothing and be miles from the winning post, beer tents etc...

Finally, plenty of gypsy's outside offering to sell lucky shit. Don't mock them like me, or else you end up with no winners and falling over a wall after the racing knocking your front tooth out, nothing to do with my 10 pints of cider but clearly a gypsy curse put on me.

ps Was at Cheltenham in November, now over £4 a pint and you will need a loan for food. Strange how you moan at £7 for a burger and chips (Luckily SS is not there to knock them out your hand) yet think nothing of sticking £20 e/w on a 40/1 shot :lol:

Edited by DJP

A rather speculative e/w lucky 15. No idea why I am backing Stardust Dancer, but twice when reading the paper the name caught my eye and once again now it has jumped out at me. Really should not be wasting money on it, but by my crazy logic, I’d be daft to not bet on it.

5.35 Wolverhampton Abulharith 12/1

6.05 Wolverhampton Stardust Dancer 33/1

7.05 Wolverhampton Bold Bomber 33/1

7.35 Wolverhampton Southwark Newshawk 20/1

Plenty of touts about on the day (could say more, but would probably be branded racist.... f**k it....You will see no black people at Cheltenham races except for the touts, so if you have no tickets, approach a black person, they will be selling :lol: as well as asking to buy spare tickets off you). Last year was the first year I had seen tickets still available on gold cup day at the ticket office, shows how hard the recession has hit.

Plenty of tickets still available, I ordered my 5 for the best mate stand only a few weeks ago. £35 a ticket. Generally speaking you get what you pay for. Wouldn't pay anything less then £35 on the friday unless you plan to see nothing and be miles from the winning post, beer tents etc...

Finally, plenty of gypsy's outside offering to sell lucky shit. Don't mock them like me, or else you end up with no winners and falling over a wall after the racing knocking your front tooth out, nothing to do with my 10 pints of cider but clearly a gypsy curse put on me.

ps Was at Cheltenham in November, now over £4 a pint and you will need a loan for food. Strange how you moan at £7 for a burger and chips (Luckily SS is not there to knock them out your hand) yet think nothing of sticking £20 e/w on a 40/1 shot :lol:

Oh dear,I must have very long arms to do that considering i was sitting about 6 rows behind :lol: Complete fabrication of the story because you have lived down there too long that you can't handle your apple juice cider.

You'll be okay at Cheltenham though as I would imagine there wouldn't be many buses driving through the racecourse for you to spill your chips on.

Anyone on Master Minded tomorrow? 4/6 nae value. Petit Robin @ 8's for me

I've went with Master Minded as one of my three bets today.....short price but just can't seep past him (had the same opinion on Kauto last week righ enough!)

Other bets are Carole's Legacy in the 1.50 at Ascot and Soldatino in the 2.55 there.

Disappointed about Haydock being off as I had a couple picked out for there. Probably saved me losing cash right enough!

Anyone on Master Minded tomorrow? 4/6 nae value. Petit Robin @ 8's for me

I've went with Master Minded as one of my three bets today.....short price but just can't seep past him (had the same opinion on Kauto last week righ enough!)

Other bets are Carole's Legacy in the 1.50 at Ascot and Soldatino in the 2.55 there.

Disappointed about Haydock being off as I had a couple picked out for there. Probably saved me losing cash right enough!

Would have no confidence in Petit Robin,even Henderson's nap of the day was Masterminded. :lol:

Agree with Tanya,think Kalahari King is due a good run and is a good e/w bet.

Master Minded 8/11 now. Somersby and Petit Robin both 7s.

Some EW value there!

Maybe even a tricast

8/11 is the price I've taken for Master Minded. Happy enough with that price as I can't see anything in the field beating him.

Only bet I have put on so far for Cheltenham this year is on MM to win back the Champion Chase.