Equine Eggstravaganza

igor

• 2 weeks later...

Got two I fancy today. Join The Navy in the 5.05 Fontwell and Regal Diamond in the 4.55 Ayr.

Join The Navy is ahead of the handicapper IMO and could absolutely dot up here.

Regal Diamond was entered at the Aintree festival before missing out after a slight setback. The form of it's first bumper run is strong.

Guest honestrae95

Going to ayr races tomorrow. Anyone want to offer me any tips?

Man-from-Dumbarton-in-irony-shocker. :P

Keep an eye on your pockets at all time!

In all seriousness, I hope you enjoyed your day AUFC.

Edit- My mum went and won heehaw, suppose you could say she had a bit of a 'mare. 8)

Edited by honestrae95

Going to ayr races tomorrow. Anyone want to offer me any tips?

Man-from-Dumbarton-in-irony-shocker. :P

Keep an eye on your pockets at all time!

In all seriousness, I hope you enjoyed your day AUFC.

Edit- My mum went and won heehaw, suppose you could say she had a bit of a 'mare. 8)

Haha i have not even been yet!

I'm all over Ragadin De Beauchene today in the National.

This horse really appeals in terms of value. Fancied him when i first saw the racecard and form guide and i've been looking at ways to knock him but it’s difficult to do so. His win in January at Warwick was excellent and he looked like a good stayer that day. Pulled up in his last race but im confident that was the exception rather than the rule for this horse. It at least preserves his decent handicap mark and I think the 20/1 that is still available is good value.

£10 ew at 20/1

Al Zarooni's horses test positive for anabolic steroids. Wonder how this will affect the Godolphin stable now.

States on the Racing Post website that because the horses were only in training, he didn't think he was in breach of any rules.

• 2 weeks later...

Got one from my notebook running today. 4.35 Windsor Hipster. 4/1

Hipster beat King George River last time out despite giving it 15lbs. Since then King George River has gone on to finish second in a listed race and is rated 21 lbs higher now. In that listed race the KGR beat Glory Awaits (finished second in the 2000 Guineas) by 7 lengths. Also if looking back to the run where it finished 3rd at Newmarket the horses then the winner is now 14lbs higher rated, the second is 25lbs higher rated, the fourth is 16lbs higher rated, the fifth is 14lbs higher rated and the 6th is 5lbs higher rated now. Hipster is only 7lbs higher rated than that run. So looks extremely well handicapped today. I had Hipster penciled in at about an even money shot today so was delighted to see that people seem to be jumping on the Hannon bandwagon and have made his horse favourite today.

• 3 weeks later...

Oaks today and I'm fancying THE LARK at 16/1. Good pedigree and has won over the distance. Jamie Spencer on board is also a positive.

Looking ahead to the Derby I also can't see past DAWN APPROACH. The horse is a beast and should be far to classy for everything else in the race