Equine Eggstravaganza

igor

3.10 Goodwood - Arod (ew)

That Solow has fast become my favourite horse. Gorgeous and continually beats top competitors like Arod and The Grey Gatsby.

http://www.winningraceprofiles.co.uk/uploads/WRP-Special-Report-Flat-2015.pdf

Found this very interesting... worth a look if you like a punt.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely gutted today.

Had £40 on golden horn pre Gleneagles withdrawal. With hills so £25 free bet back for second but the real punt in the Cnut was this one

Recorder @9/2

Storm the stars @7/2

Golden horn @8/13

£5 ew treble. Only ended up with £20.smash back. Would have scrambled home on that ground had he not been so keen for so long. Frankie should have let him get on a bit earlier if that was the case as he had everything in behind beat anyway.

Moore absolutely breezed his ride with Acapulco a couple of months back, not so sure about Irad Ortiz but you can't argue with 2/1 for a favourite.

I managed to get a couple of punters on Martlet yesterday, came in at 8/1.

I try to avoid short priced fav's big fields so will have to swerve.

selections:

Bangor

2.10 Creatur 4/1

3.20 Footstepsintherain 11/1

Salisbury

5.35 Marcano 4/1

Kilbeggan

6.10 Defining Year 6/4

7.10 Speed Demon 2/1

Wolves

7.50 Rio Deva 5/1

8.50 Thecornishcowboy 9/1

Accumulator (6) Each-Way

Aleksandar @ 5/2 (GP)

Win or E/W

16:30 HANDICAP 1m 5f 164y Pending

Just Paul @ 4/1 (GP)

Win or E/W

16:00 HANDICAP 7f 33y Pending

Silver Shuffle @ 10/3 (GP)

Win or E/W

15:30 HANDICAP 1m 7f 165y Pending

Jinky @ 8/1 (GP)

Win or E/W

15:00 HANDICAP 5f 1y Pending

Bahamian Desert @ 13/8 (GP)

Win or E/W

14:30 HANDICAP 1m 2y Pending

Speed Company @ 5/4 (GP)

Win or E/W

14:00 MAIDEN STAKES 7f 33y

My probable bets for today at muss

Accumulator (6) Each-Way

Aleksandar @ 5/2 (GP)

Win or E/W

16:30 HANDICAP 1m 5f 164y Pending

Just Paul @ 4/1 (GP)

Win or E/W

16:00 HANDICAP 7f 33y Pending

Silver Shuffle @ 10/3 (GP)

Win or E/W

15:30 HANDICAP 1m 7f 165y Pending

Jinky @ 8/1 (GP)

Win or E/W

15:00 HANDICAP 5f 1y Pending

Bahamian Desert @ 13/8 (GP)

Win or E/W

14:30 HANDICAP 1m 2y Pending

Speed Company @ 5/4 (GP)

Win or E/W

14:00 MAIDEN STAKES 7f 33y

My probable bets for today at muss

good effort

Todays ew accy

Accumulator (6) Each-Way Ying Yang @ 8/1 (GP) Win or E/W 16:30 HANDICAP 7f 33y Rodrigo De Torres @ 9/2 (GP) Win or E/W 16:00 HANDICAP 1m 2y Pending Northside Prince @ 5/1 (GP) Win or E/W 15:30 HANDICAP 1m 4f 53y Pending Opt Out @ 6/1 (GP) Win or E/W 15:00 HANDICAP 1m 208y Pending Sattelac @ 9/2 (GP) Win or E/W 14:30 NURSERY 7f 33y Pending Searanger @ 4/1 (GP) Win or E/W 14:00 MAIDEN AUCTION STAKES 5f 1y

Will also have singles and a double on 1600 spring offensive and 1630 desire

Edited by doulikefish

I know it's a million miles away but I am planning a first trip to cheltenham. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The loose plan so far is drive to Birmingham stay three nights in city centre then train to cheltenham for Tuesday and Wednesdays racing.

Looked at tickets think one day in the best mate enclosure and one day in the club looks a good option but if anyone has any better tried and tested tips it would be good to hear them.

I know it's a million miles away but I am planning a first trip to cheltenham. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The loose plan so far is drive to Birmingham stay three nights in city centre then train to cheltenham for Tuesday and Wednesdays racing.

Looked at tickets think one day in the best mate enclosure and one day in the club looks a good option but if anyone has any better tried and tested tips it would be good to hear them.

Pick up a cheap flight to cardiff (70 quid return from embra) stay in the city centre there and train it from there,is my usuaĺ route,brum trains are heaving however the tues/weds is not to bad

There are buses to and from the course from chelt train station but i sometimes walk back but the queues are normally quite quick

Edited by doulikefish

Pick up a cheap flight to cardiff (70 quid return from embra) stay in the city centre there and train it from there,is my usuaĺ route,brum trains are heaving however the tues/weds is not to bad

There are buses to and from the course from chelt train station but i sometimes walk back but the queues are normally quite quick

Yeah saw about the shuttle buses from train to course. Never been to a big festival but what time would you look to arrive to get a decent spot. Only 5 foot 10 and don't want to see next to nothing when in the best mate enclosure. Any pubs should look to visit and any you would avoid in Cheltenham itself ?

Which part of the racecourse do you usually get tickets for ?

Edited by Broony88

Yeah saw about the shuttle buses from train to course. Never been to a big festival but what time would you look to arrive to get a decent spot. Only 5 foot 10 and don't want to see next to nothing when in the best mate enclosure. Any pubs should look to visit and any you would avoid in Cheltenham itself ?

Which part of the racecourse do you usually get tickets for ?

Need to be there early im normally at chelts for 11 at the latest

The whole town is rocking its worth getting the last train back just to experince a wee bit of the nightlife

You actually get a decent view from most bits (you will watch most of the race on the big screen due to the undulation)but try and get a spot close to the winning line just to see people going mental if there horse has a chance coming up the hill

As for tickets ive been in the expensive ones and the cheap ones (i normally meet djp from here in there)the only difference is you can see the parade ring etc but the atmosphere is just as good in the cheapos