Equine Eggstravaganza

igor

:lol:

Probably spelt it wrong, pronounced moe-ping, Sure you know what I meant...Least I hope you did :lol:

Yeah I knew what you meant. ;)

I had an awful day, down £30. I'm still just taking you guys' tips. There was a few decent shouts today, I just kept picking the wrong ones or missing the good ones.

Ah well there's always tomorrow.

Edited by Dee4Life1893

Mine are rarely tips, So don't follow mine. Mine are just fancies and being a compulsive gambler, I will just about bet on anything. If I do have a tip, I do tend to say

At Newbury recently was so keen to place a bet as soon as I got there, I bet on the first race I saw, despite never hearing of the Millersefield and didn't bother checking the form. Just bet on the FAV. Was only when i walked away and turned to my mate and said "sh*t, I think this is a virtual greyhound race". The Dog lost :lol:

Edited by DJP

Mine are rarely tips, So don't follow mine. Mine are just fancies and being a compulsive gambler, I will just about bet on anything. If I do have a tip, I do tend to say

At Newbury recently was so keen to place a bet as soon as I got there, I bet on the first race I saw, despite never hearing of the Millersefield and didn't bother checking the form. Just bet on the FAV. Was only when i walked away and turned to my mate and said "sh*t, I think this is a virtual greyhound race". The Dog lost :lol:

I'm not being funny or anything. But do you think you have a problem??

Sometimes I think I do, but then I never normally bet more than I can afford to lose. I did something rather awful the other day tho'. It being a 5 week month I didn't have any money left in the bank from last Thursday until today. I was relying on handouts from the missus. Cabbage had posted one of his tips on Sunday and I didn't want to ask her for money to gamble as she doesn't approve. So I spied my little boys piggy bank and I borrowed a fiver to nip to the bookies and place the bet. It won and I returned the fiver with a fiver interest and enough left over for a few pints. Obviously I would have returned it when I got paid if it lost but I felt really guilty and ashamed of myself afterwards.

I shouldn't really bet on horses because I know next to nothing about it. Football and baseball normally make me a profit but I am on a lousy run with them so I've tried the tips on here. Probably a bit too much at times.

I'm not being funny or anything. But do you think you have a problem??

Been in work 20 minutes. Talked about gambling and now on a gambling forum. So to answer your question, No I don't have a problem :lol:

Anyone of too musselburgh tomorrow night?

Few course winners on view tomorrow, Angelofthenorth, Annibale Cairo, Danzatrcie, hopefully better than my visit there last week!

Yep, I 'm heading to Musselburgh tomorrow, will be looking over the form tonight, or more likely tomorrow lunchtime. But if anyone spots any standouts feel free to post them up.

Should be a good night.

Anyone of too musselburgh tomorrow night?

Few course winners on view tomorrow, Angelofthenorth, Annibale Cairo, Danzatrcie, hopefully better than my visit there last week!

Im also thinking about it. Had Angelofthenorth at 20/1 last time I was there :D

I have allready been through the card, and there is a standout there for me. Just to warn you, as I dont post much selections on here, when I do I tend to blab on with lots of reasoning, sorry in advance :)

GLENLUJI - 7:50 - This will be its first outing of the season, however Jim Goldie knows the course like the back of his hand so will have the horse ready. Its last 2 outings were over this course and distance last June & August 2007 respectivley. In june it won carrying 8 st 12lb on gd/firm ground, class 4 event. Tomorrow is a class 6 event so is a much weaker contest, add to that it will only be carrying 8 st 9lb, 3lb less than when it won this time last year. On its last outing, last August it ran over another class 4 event and finished 3 lengths of the winner.

Cabbages wee winner last week Angelofthenorth will be the danger, however it recives a 5lb penalty for its last effort, which may be a bit too much.

All in all the drop in class for Glenluji will be a big plus, and makes it my NAP for tomorrow.

I have had a look through the whole card so will post each of my selections tomorrow, with reasoning behind each one, although not as much as above.

I have allready been through the card, and there is a standout there for me. Just to warn you, as I dont post much selections on here, when I do I tend to blab on with lots of reasoning, sorry in advance :)

GLENLUJI - 7:50 - This will be its first outing of the season, however Jim Goldie knows the course like the back of his hand so will have the horse ready. Its last 2 outings were over this course and distance last June & August 2007 respectivley. In june it won carrying 8 st 12lb on gd/firm ground, class 4 event. Tomorrow is a class 6 event so is a much weaker contest, add to that it will only be carrying 8 st 9lb, 3lb less than when it won this time last year. On its last outing, last August it ran over another class 4 event and finished 3 lengths of the winner.

Cabbages wee winner last week Angelofthenorth will be the danger, however it recives a 5lb penalty for its last effort, which may be a bit too much.

All in all the drop in class for Glenluji will be a big plus, and makes it my NAP for tomorrow.

I have had a look through the whole card so will post each of my selections tomorrow, with reasoning behind each one, although not as much as above.

The more info to back up your tip the better in my book :D

Not sure if posting my selections is a good idea, will probablly end up cursing myself, lol.

Sometimes I make a pick and once I get on course and see them in the parade ring I change my mind, wish I would stop doing that! :)

Not sure if posting my selections is a good idea, will probablly end up cursing myself, lol.

Sometimes I make a pick and once I get on course and see them in the parade ring I change my mind, wish I would stop doing that! :)

Don't do it.I did it often and i will not again guaranteed.

Had the first 3 races picked out for the Scottish Grand National meeting this year.Got to the racecourse and the usual,talk to people etc etc.

Hey ho! changed my selections and yes you guessed it.I was p*ssed at myself to say the least.After that i vowed never to change my first picks again

edit to add:same applies to the football coops as well.

Fallon has been quiet with tips recently, but is back on form today. Tipped the 3/1 winner in the 3.10 at Yarmouth. Sadly, I only just saw the email, so wasn't on it :(

4:40 racoon 7/2

5:10 Millie's Rock, Was 50/1 on betfair earlier (supposedly), more realistically 10/1 on most normal betting sites, now 7/2 fav

4:30 Sky Dive 9/4 My hatred of Jamie Spencer increases

Edited by DJP

4:40 racoon 7/2

5:10 Millie's Rock, Was 50/1 on betfair earlier (supposedly), more realistically 10/1 on most normal betting sites, now 7/2 fav

4:30 Sky Dive 9/4 My hatred of Jamie Spencer increases

doh! 2 losers 1 to go.

Get in! Won at 4/1.

Edited by DJP

5:50 1 Wishwillow Lord @ 3/1 2nd :(

6:10 2 Punjabi @ 4/6 WON 10/11

6:20 3 Anticipating @ 3/1 3rd

In Tricast and 2 singles on 3/1 horses

Robbed on the last race, mine was cruising through, about to take the lead when the stupid horse it was going past decided to fall into it!!! Hampering mine something rotten. Settling for 3rd. not happy as it was home and dry!!

I hope the horse that got in it's way gets put down, hmmm maybe a bit harsh :lol:

treble on and singles

6.55 Wetherby

Chevy To The Levy 5/4 Winner

6.50 Punchestown

Kevkat 1/1 3rd, there goes my treble

7.05 Newcastle

Crocodile Bay 11/4

Edited by DJP

As promised here are my selections (with reasoning) for the Musselburgh card tonight. After checking them up against the early prices, looks like majority are Fav's, but thought I would still post anyway.

6:50 - EXCELLENT SHOW -

First run of the season was 13 days ago, over the same trip as today (5 furlongs) only finished 3/4's of a length of the winner on that occasion and that was a class 4 event. Today sees a step down in class, too class 5, and also drops 2lb's in the weights, looks a sure fire winner.

7:20 - ALWAYS A ROCK -

Island music won LTO, but is up 13lb's for the effort so that is why I will be overlooking that one. This left a simple choice, "ALWAYS A ROCK". Won on its last outing by 2 lengths over the same distance as today (7 furlongs). 5lb rise in the weights and going up in class, but should still have enough too see of its rivals.

7:50 - GLENLUJI -

See post number - 1389

8:20 - DANZATRICE -

First off this horse loves the course, so will take kindly to it's style of running with the sharp bends. It's penultimate run was on this course over 1 Mile & 6 furlongs, carrying 9 stone 3lb's, on that occasion finishing second by a neck. Its next outing was @ Ripon, and a step up in trip to 2 miles and a drop in weights by 3lbs done the trick as it finished first by 1/2 a length from a horse called "MISTER ARJAY" who has re-appeared 6 days ago and won a similair event as todays by 2 lengths. Today this horse drops another 2lb's since its victory and is going over the preffered 2 miles. Bottom weight should see it hom the winner.

9:50 - ROYAL DIGNITARY -

Another horse that likes the course, and has a great trainer in Dandy Nicholls. Going for a treble today after winning its last 2 races, the last of which was over todays course and distance. Drops 1lb in the weights today, probablly beacuse it is going up from class 6 to class 4, which may be the only stumbling block. The danger will be "SAMS SECRET" who always goes close in this company.

9:20 - HUGS DESTINY -

Annibale Cairo will be the standout on paer as it goes for a 4 timer today. However the reason I go for HUGS DESTINY, is due to the form on the last race. LTO at Musselburgh when Annibale Cairo won, HUGS DESTINY finished just under 2 lengths of it, today sees a swing in the weights, and HUGS DESTINY gains 7lb's since the last run. It is always hard to get a 4 timer, so I feel the change in weights could work in this ones favour.

As I said, most have these have turned out to be favourites bar 1 or 2 of them, however due to small fields it was too be expected. Maybe doing a few doubles or trebles will prove a little more succesfull. Anyway enough from me, 7 more hours of work and I will be on the bvvy, canny whack it!!

P.S Any comments or other tips to oppose mine are welcome :)