Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

This line on its own shows just how far fetched this whole farce has become.

Would anyone care to speculate how the f**k they would have been able to shift a dead body around Portugal with the worlds media following their every step ?

I can't believe anyone seriously thinks that this is what happened - it's fucking ridculous !

I haven't read any news report in its entirety, but from that line that you linked, nowhere does it say that *they* moved the body. (Nor, for that matter, does it say that they killed her accidentally, but I assume that it's implied in the article.)

Why would they want to keep a low profile? Its what people would expect had they done it. Ive said from the beginning i believe they killed her. If they kept up the meda fairytale they would look less likely to have comitted the crime and the media attention would make the police pressured into making a decision.

If anyone thinks this poor wee soul is still alive, then they need a psychiatrist.

I've always thought she was dead and agree that its very unlikely that she alive.

But do you remember the case of the abducted austrian girl that escaped from the basement she was kept in for about 13 years?

Not suggesting that that is going to happen here just pointing out that truely bizzare things happen.

I haven't objected to the suggestion that they did kill their own daughter. What I objected to was the insistance that it was them.

Nothing has been proved one way or the other, some folk have the McCanns banged up.

Sums up my feelings on this thread.

The fact that some people on this board seem to be enjoying the McCanns being made suspects and the thought that they could be found to be guilty of their daughters murder is just beyond my understanding. It might have been them, but seriously, nobody knows what really happened to Madelaine.

I also fail to understand the criticism of their prolonged stay in the Algarve. I can understand the criticism of their continual presence in the media, but their choice to remain in Portugal? Why should they return home and "get on with their lives?". Harsh thing to suggest they should do. I wonder how many people on here with children would just return home and get on with their lives, without their child.

Why is it stupid?

How can anyone know that they did it? People suggesting that they knew from the start that the parents killed Madelaine is stupid for two reasons. Nobody actually knew to begin with, and nobody knows now.

People can think that they did it, if they feel so inclined. However, to come on and pain the rest of us who want to keep a little faith in humanity with their insistance that they did do it, is infuriating. Then there's the seeming enjoyment people are now deriving from the fact that they are being made suspects and that faith I wanted to keep in humanity is slowly draining out of me. :rolleyes:

Edited by SaintSam

Why is it stupid?

It's not the idea they did it that's stupid, it's the assertion that they did with no evidence other than "they were acting a bit funny".

And it sums some people up that they're actually glad they might be right, with their GIRUY type reaction to the people who dared show a bit of faith in human nature. Some people here going on about humble pie as if it's a big game of child murder bingo.

Sums up my feelings on this thread.

The fact that some people on this board seem to be enjoying the McCanns being made suspects and the thought that they could be found to be guilty of their daughters murder is just beyond my understanding. It might have been them, but seriously, nobody knows what really happened to Madelaine.

I also fail to understand the criticism of their prolonged stay in the Algarve. I can understand the criticism of their continual presence in the media, but their choice to remain in Portugal? Why should they return home and "get on with their lives?". Harsh thing to suggest they should do. I wonder how many people on here with children would just return home and get on with their lives, without their child.

It wouldn't be a harsh thing to suggest if people were genuinely suggesting that it would have been best for their other children.

It wouldn't be a harsh thing to suggest if people were genuinely suggesting that it would have been best for their other children.

I believe, for the McCanns, coming home to the UK and resuming the lives that Madelaine once filled is going a long way to accepting the reality that they might never find their daughter. And I don't think anyone on here has any right to suggest that's what they should do.

I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it must be for a parent to not know what has happened to their child, and to then accept the possibility that they'll never know and will never see them again.

It's not the idea they did it that's stupid, it's the assertion that they did with no evidence other than "they were acting a bit funny".

And it sums some people up that they're actually glad they might be right, with their GIRUY type reaction to the people who dared show a bit of faith in human nature. Some people here going on about humble pie as if it's a big game of child murder bingo.

Agreed.

But do you not think people were maybe reacting to the equaly stupid attitude of the press that for months didn't even contmplate that the McCann's might have had something to do with it.

Of course one act of stupidity doesn't justify another.

I believe, for the McCanns, coming home to the UK and resuming the lives that Madelaine once filled is going a long way to accepting the reality that they might never find their daughter. And I don't think anyone on here has any right to suggest that's what they should do.

I agree but was just pointing out that some people might have been giving that advice with the best of intentions.

What? She cut herself and that's how traces of blood got into the hire car? :rolleyes:

If traces of her blood were found on a hire car they hired for the first time 25 days after she disappeared then it would seem obvious that they had Madeline's body after May 3rd, this making them guilty of shifting the body at the very least.

Am I being wooshed or are you actually being that stupid?

Agreed.

But do you not think people were maybe reacting to the equaly stupid attitude of the press that for months didn't even contmplate that the McCann's might have had something to do with it.

Of course one act of stupidity doesn't justify another.

I find the media coverage over the whole course of events to be quite surreal, to be honest. The general idea that "there's more here than meets the idea" is pretty much a given, given the lack of evidence or tangible explanation throughout. While I believe that at times the media coverage was excessive (mind you, that was mostly carefully orchestrated), I think the media continues to successfully avoid pointless speculation. It's not their place to speculate that the McCanns may have been involved (and indeed the Portugese paper that suggested they did is being hit with a libel action), it's their place to report on what is happening and to deal with facts.

So no, I don't think that's how people were reacting. I think people are simply prematurely punching the air going "I WAS RIGHT!!!!!!" in a smug manner, because they're pathetic.