Caledonian F.c. Thread

RayBees

Guest 01dc07
Seeing on another thread Golspie are playing Clach in the cup

Remember the last time Golspie faced The Caley?

Pretty sure it was in our last season93/94 Caley won 15-0 at Telford St

I remember being at the game,can't remember who never got on the score sheet though :lol:

Any of you lot remember the game or who got the goals??

I'm pretty sure in that same season Golspie pulled off one of their best ever results, winning a Qualifying Cup tie at Bellslea Park, may have been the year after though.

I'm sure this subject has been broached many times, but have any of the old Caley (or Thistle) lot ever thought of trying to resurrect either club? I mean, it would take a great effort, but there seems to be so many fans of both clubs. The biggest problems would obviously be money and a ground to play on, but if it was sorted either club could join the NCL with a view to joining the HFL if it was successful.

I'm pretty sure in that same season Golspie pulled off one of their best ever results, winning a Qualifying Cup tie at Bellslea Park, may have been the year after though.

I'm sure this subject has been broached many times, but have any of the old Caley (or Thistle) lot ever thought of trying to resurrect either club? I mean, it would take a great effort, but there seems to be so many fans of both clubs. The biggest problems would obviously be money and a ground to play on, but if it was sorted either club could join the NCL with a view to joining the HFL if it was successful.

There was/is a Caledonian in the inverness welfare or amateur league, i have been away over 10yrs now, but know the lad who started the team, it was full of mainly ex Caley HL fans. They were winning for a while, but i dont know if the lad involved is still running it, or if someone else has taken over, if so, i hope its still real Caley lads involved..

Guest 01dc07
There was/is a Caledonian in the inverness welfare or amateur league, i have been away over 10yrs now, but know the lad who started the team, it was full of mainly ex Caley HL fans. They were winning for a while, but i dont know if the lad involved is still running it, or if someone else has taken over, if so, i hope its still real Caley lads involved..

Good to know they kept it going in some form, obviously playing in the Welfare league keeps the costs down but it would be nice if they could progress it. There must be some interest anyway. I wonder if ICT would have a problem with it though, if they indicated they would like to move to Senior football.

Seeing on another thread Golspie are playing Clach in the cup

Remember the last time Golspie faced The Caley?

Pretty sure it was in our last season93/94 Caley won 15-0 at Telford St

I remember being at the game,can't remember who never got on the score sheet though :lol:

Any of you lot remember the game or who got the goals??

i remember well known c**t Alan Smart scoring a fantastic scissor kick goal which got no celebrations at all from the Howden end(who were at the opposite goal to see the goals).Minutes later caley took on a couple of debutants,got a penalty and let one of the new boys take it;the word went around to go mental when he scored which we did,the look of bemusement on smarts face was priceless,he just couldnt figure out what was going on.

i also remember the police were clearly expecting trouble that afternoon and recall them slowly edging round the terracing to the displaced howden end in a classic pincer movement,Von Manstein would have been proud of them.There was no bother,incidentally.Golspie wore a natty yellow number with blue sleeves,similar to Chievo's.

i remember well known c**t Alan Smart scoring a fantastic scissor kick goal which got no celebrations at all from the Howden end(who were at the opposite goal to see the goals).Minutes later caley took on a couple of debutants,got a penalty and let one of the new boys take it;the word went around to go mental when he scored which we did,the look of bemusement on smarts face was priceless,he just couldnt figure out what was going on.

i also remember the police were clearly expecting trouble that afternoon and recall them slowly edging round the terracing to the displaced howden end in a classic pincer movement,Von Manstein would have been proud of them.There was no bother,incidentally.Golspie wore a natty yellow number with blue sleeves,similar to Chievo's.

aye, all very good, but mr raybyees, you are a fukn w**k of the 1st order,.

Well done on getting a real footy fan banned of this site you little piece of shit.

We will be up i/ness next week, grow some balls, and letsd meet, instead of sending on pm's to the wanks that be!

Fuckin clach tinks, deserve nowt but a good bath.

Edited by Lets all laugh at thistle

Well done on getting a real footy fan banned of this site you little piece of shit.

We will be up i/ness next week, grow some balls, and letsd meet, instead of sending on pm's to the wanks that be!

Fuckin clach tinks, deserve nowt but a good stabbing.

What style, what class. :lol:

Smart came to inverness thinking he was gonna be some kinda hero, what a fekin surprise that little piece of shite got.

For the rest of my life i will always remember his pathetic look on his face in the RSH when he was told to raise his arm, he did, what the f**k did it have to do with that middle class perth w**k, sfa, thats what.

Wad Skinner was the only one that day wi the balls to stand up to the traitors, its just a pity there wasnt more Caley players with balls that night.

I even lost ma job for that night as was on the pat & mick & the boss didnt see ma north tonight appearance as an up point.

Edited by Lets all laugh at thistle

if you look at who you quoted on your post it was highlandcowden,not raybees.its not me who your arguements with is it?

I've honestly no idea what you're talking about.

I also remember him getting the silent treatment when he scored through in Dingwall and he actually got booed when he got the winner in the North Cup final at kingsmills against Forres

IT'S WHITE IT'S BLUE IT HASN'T GOT A CLUE :lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
if you look at who you quoted on your post it was highlandcowden,not raybees.its not me who your arguements with is it?

Just noticed that, not intended for you bud, it was one of those fridays.. thank fak there are no ict fans down here(or none that show their faces). However in my local, 160miles away from Inverrness there are 3 Caledonian FC fans, who all drank their independentally,without knowing each other at first, and all have one thing in common, guess what that is? yep, we all hate thistle, & always will, till our dying breaths!

PS. for the sex case - i have been to the dump a few times, but can assure you, never in the home end.!

Who has purchased one of the Caledonian t-shirts from the Pie and Bovril shop? I've bought one each for my myself and my dad.

Me too, the ultimate football statement. Class piece of gear.

LSM update

Now managed to obtain issues 3,4,7,8,9,10,12,13,14,15,17 :D

Lets just say it took a hell of a lot of persuasion and money to prize them away from their previous owner :angry:

Still on the look out for 1,2,5,6,11,16 and A.K.O.B's

Any sightings/help/info would be greatly appreciated :)