Caledonian F.c. Thread

RayBees

Check out something I got for Christmas:

n1045869832_252403_1952.jpg

Right Raybees, where did you get this? The bloody green with envy factor has gone off the scale. I'd get slight consolation if it turned out to be Allan Smarts jersey, but hell, you pulled off a scoop there. Tell us more......now

Edited by PRS

Santa was obviously better to some than others :D

Really good condition too by the looks of it bet thats worth a bit,i just hope its not Alan Smarts :lol:

You mind me asking where you got it?

Right Raybees, where did you get this? The bloody green with envy factor has gone off the scale. I'd get slight consolation if it turned out to be Allan Smarts jersey, but hell, you pulled off a scoop there. Tell us more......now

Ok ladies, jealousy will get you everywhere. It's not Alan Smarts as that would wipe about half the value off the thing. My mum worked with Danny MacDonald's mum and managed to get it for my dad at the time of the North Cup Final. Unbelievably, my dad then sold it to some guy for about £50 a few years later. Unbelievably again, he managed to con the guy into selling it back to him last year for only slightly more. It's in great nick and North Cup Final March 2004 is embroidered not printed. Nice.

Ok ladies, jealousy will get you everywhere. It's not Alan Smarts as that would wipe about half the value off the thing. My mum worked with Danny MacDonald's mum and managed to get it for my dad at the time of the North Cup Final. Unbelievably, my dad then sold it to some guy for about £50 a few years later. Unbelievably again, he managed to con the guy into selling it back to him last year for only slightly more. It's in great nick and North Cup Final March 2004 is embroidered not printed. Nice.

Reckon you would get a fair bit more than £50 for it now and who knows how much it will be worth in the future :o

Not that you would ever want to sell it but you could be sitting on a little gold mine seeing that its in such a good condition :)

Bang on, that is a cracker, i would find it hard not to crack it open & wear it tho, as one or two merger scum in my local..

They know where i stand, and avoid now, funnily enough, my initial rant was enough, right enuff... :D

• 3 weeks later...
Bumped into Barney Warren tonight in town. Don't think he remembered me. I think he thought I was taking the piss.

Now a resident of Dingwall is Barney. Do you know if he watches football at all these days?

Now a resident of Dingwall is Barney. Do you know if he watches football at all these days?

He said not really, he's been to watch County, Clach and Inverness City a few times but it's not the same. He knows of yourself PRS.

Bumped into Barney Warren tonight in town. Don't think he remembered me. I think he thought I was taking the piss.

Threre's a blast from the past, wee Barney, he was general sweper up manny at the post office when i was their as a young postie..

Never missed a lot of Caledonian FC games did Barney, another good football man, lost to merger fc.

Oh how we are LOVING their downfall & long may it continue!

Oh how it must be to live in the present!

L O S E R S!

Frankly, I prefer our past to your present, here's a couple of reasons why: -

Scottish Cup 66-67 2nd Round - Stranraer 1 Caley 2

Scottish Cup 69-70 1st Round - Stranraer 2 Caley 5 - Christ this was a walkover.

Now who's the LOSER?????.

Listen in the not too distant future there's every chance that you will be in the same position as us and your club will be gone. Do what you can to save your club whilst you can. There's the similarity between us. Here's the difference - I very much doubt if there will be a Stranraer FC memorial thread as really, as if you are anything to go by, their own fans prefer to gloat at others misfortune than look at the trouble on their own doorstep.

Edited by PRS

Nice to see the replies to my post, which really just reiterates how much you guys really do live in the last.

I have lived in Inverness for 10 years and I find it a complete JOKE all this nonsence about Caley this Thistle that, for goodness sake you have an SPL team in your City!

However, I must also stress that as a football lover, and one living MILES away from my team Stranraer (plaese let them be saved!!)I have attempted to go to ICT gams with my two boys, who are also avid football fans. I have to say,it is the most unfriendly nonsense of a club I have ever witnessed. High prices, no half time food EVER available, terrible fans (whisper and they hear you!) etc etc. BUT I still cannot believe the apathy surrounding the club from the locals? Surely the city should be able to support an SPL club to the tune of 5,000+ fans a week, and make it a club to be proud of, not one to be mocked.

In these days where clubs are living in fear of dying your local team should be supported (and for the ecord my local team is now County!).

So my post was not a pop , just one of frustration and disbelief that folks still 'support' and 'follow' and non existent club.

Nice to see the replies to my post, which really just reiterates how much you guys really do live in the last.

I have lived in Inverness for 10 years and I find it a complete JOKE all this nonsence about Caley this Thistle that, for goodness sake you have an SPL team in your City!

However, I must also stress that as a football lover, and one living MILES away from my team Stranraer (plaese let them be saved!!)I have attempted to go to ICT gams with my two boys, who are also avid football fans. I have to say,it is the most unfriendly nonsense of a club I have ever witnessed. High prices, no half time food EVER available, terrible fans (whisper and they hear you!) etc etc. BUT I still cannot believe the apathy surrounding the club from the locals? Surely the city should be able to support an SPL club to the tune of 5,000+ fans a week, and make it a club to be proud of, not one to be mocked.

In these days where clubs are living in fear of dying your local team should be supported (and for the ecord my local team is now County!).

So my post was not a pop , just one of frustration and disbelief that folks still 'support' and 'follow' and non existent club.

Thats as far as i got. Said it all.

If you had realised anything about what goes on in the HL forum you would have realised we all still watch football of some description. For example, I go and watch Clach or Invernes City. Even went to a few County games last season. Also, you contradict yourself by telling us to getting behind a club you yourself think is shite.

Wake up and start making sense.

I have tried to make sense of you Highland lot for 10 years, and after trying to reason with guys off of this form for years and now seeing the level of intelligence on it, I will go back to the real debates on other parts of this site.

Talk about ignorant and backward folk...Inverness..the city in a timewarp!

I have tried to make sense of you Highland lot for 10 years, and after trying to reason with guys off of this form for years and now seeing the level of intelligence on it, I will go back to the real debates on other parts of this site.

Talk about ignorant and backward folk...Inverness..the city in a timewarp!

Just how slow are you?