Caledonian F.c. Thread

RayBees

As I said Ray Bees, I'll leave you fantasy footballers to live in your own wee world and I'll continue to live in reality..whos your team playing again this weekend.......oh thats right your teams deid! Well who are they playing in your head then?????? At least following a fantasy team means you don't lose everyweek, I get to experience that in reality..but you know what as a real punter you still cannae beat it.

Are dime bars top sellers in Inverness??

As I said Ray Bees, I'll leave you fantasy footballers to live in your own wee world and I'll continue to live in reality..whos your team playing again this weekend.......oh thats right your teams deid!

Coming from a Stranraer fan? Are you aware of whats actually going on at the moment? :lol:

As I said Ray Bees, I'll leave you fantasy footballers to live in your own wee world and I'll continue to live in reality..whos your team playing again this weekend.......oh thats right your teams deid! Well who are they playing in your head then?????? At least following a fantasy team means you don't lose everyweek, I get to experience that in reality..but you know what as a real punter you still cannae beat it.

I'll be going to watch Clach v Huntly tomorrow thanks minesapint. I really don't see why you've got a problem with that. Or maybe you just don't read very well, you dimwitted clown.

As I said Ray Bees, I'll leave you fantasy footballers to live in your own wee world and I'll continue to live in reality..whos your team playing again this weekend.......

Strange really, you have posted on here assuming that we all live in the past yet we all still go to football. We don't pretend that Caley still exist - we'll leave that to the deluded ones who refer to ICT as Caley. In choosing "Caledonian FC" as our club, we are mearly showing acknowledging the fact that they will always be the most important football team to us, past present or future. One final point - this is a Caledonian FC memorial thread, what exactly have you contributed to this subject?

Edited by PRS

Before you spout any more crap you really should take a reality check and look out for your own club - it may not be around for that much longer!

I have tried to make sense of you Highland lot for 10 years, and after trying to reason with guys off of this form for years and now seeing the level of intelligence on it, I will go back to the real debates on other parts of this site.

Well don't let me stop you, thats the most sensible thing you've posted to date

Heaven help Stranraer Fc if they need to rely on your help in their hour of need

Nice to see the replies to my post, which really just reiterates how much you guys really do live in the last.

I have lived in Inverness for 10 years and I find it a complete JOKE all this nonsence about Caley this Thistle that, for goodness sake you have an SPL team in your City!

However, I must also stress that as a football lover, and one living MILES away from my team Stranraer (plaese let them be saved!!)I have attempted to go to ICT gams with my two boys, who are also avid football fans. I have to say,it is the most unfriendly nonsense of a club I have ever witnessed. High prices, no half time food EVER available, terrible fans (whisper and they hear you!) etc etc. BUT I still cannot believe the apathy surrounding the club from the locals? Surely the city should be able to support an SPL club to the tune of 5,000+ fans a week, and make it a club to be proud of, not one to be mocked.

In these days where clubs are living in fear of dying your local team should be supported (and for the ecord my local team is now County!).

So my post was not a pop , just one of frustration and disbelief that folks still 'support' and 'follow' and non existent club.

f**k off

Its the only type of comment you can respond to, you were being shown empathy.

'Empathy' means to show compassion and understanding.

F**k off means this??? Really?? Is this from the Thesaurus of the Highlands?

I simply stated some facts that clearly some users can't face up to, and then when trying to debate some valid points was simply told where to go?? Yes really full of empathy there!

'Empathy' means to show compassion and understanding.

F**k off means this??? Really?? Is this from the Thesaurus of the Highlands?

I simply stated some facts that clearly some users can't face up to, and then when trying to debate some valid points was simply told where to go?? Yes really full of empathy there!

Get your facts correct, empathy does not mean to show compassion, understanding, yes, but not compassion

Get your facts correct, empathy does not mean to show compassion, understanding, yes, but not compassion

My facts are PERFECTLY correct, below is a quote from the online Oxford English Thesaurus:

Main Entry:empathyPart of Speech:nounDefinition:understandingSynonyms:affinity, appreciation, being on same wavelength, being there for someone, communion, community of interests, compassion, comprehension, concord, cottoning to, good vibrations, hitting it off, insight, picking up on, pity, rapport, recognition, responsiveness, soul, sympathy, warmth

As you will see under Synonym there is the word: COMPASSION.

And as synonym translates as ' a word that means the same' , I believe that then means empathy is the same as compassion.

THANK YOU

My facts are PERFECTLY correct, below is a quote from the online Oxford English Thesaurus:

Main Entry:empathyPart of Speech:nounDefinition:understandingSynonyms:affinity, appreciation, being on same wavelength, being there for someone, communion, community of interests, compassion, comprehension, concord, cottoning to, good vibrations, hitting it off, insight, picking up on, pity, rapport, recognition, responsiveness, soul, sympathy, warmth

And as synonym translates as ' a word that means the same' , I believe that then means empathy is the same as compassion.

THANK YOU

Congratulations

THANK YOU

Empathy and compassion are totally different. Empathy is is an attempt to enter an individuals frame of reference, compassion would be patronising in this context. It is not helpful in entering that persons world. Knowledge is different from checking a dictionary for definitions

Anyway, back to the thread. How about responding to a question I set you about a week ago. I'll remind you. This is a Caledonian FC memorial thread. What exactly have you contributed to it? Hint, you won't find the answer in a dictionary.

Edited by PRS

I see its time for the rugby again.

I used to hate it when Caley played at home during the five nations tournament, it meant the crowd was invariably well down.

I could never figure out why so many preferred the egg chasers to regional league football.

I recognise a few faces there. You in the photo, Howden End?

I don't think anyone in that photo has ever felt as low at a game (still makes me feel gutted)

I'm still only half way through the thread but i had to post when i saw my ugly mug, i got real grief on the Monday morning from my boss when he saw the P&J.

Edited by northernscum

I hav'nt seen this picture for years, and i noticed at the end of the report it says an "embarrassed Caley official apologised for the behaviour of so called Caley fans.

These would have been the same so called Caley fans who went to almost every game home & away & sung our heart's out start to finish to support our team.

Bet ICT could do with a fraction of that kind of backing. :shutup

Welcome. Yup, I believe things are pretty quiet on match days down the dump

First got into Caley early '80s my then P.E teacher Derek Dewar was playing for Caley, i think he was in central defence of defensive midfield (memory could be playing tricks) anyway first game i "remember" was a pre season friendly against Leicester City 1-6 if i remember, maybe someone with a better memory will correct me.

Plenty of brilliant memories after that, top team, top fans top times. :D