Caledonian F.c. Thread

RayBees

Yeah it was an amazing experience,i actually travelled down early by car so was one of the first in the away end

It was unbelievable how quick our end filled up as the supporters busses etc all seemed to arrive on mass

Long before kick off the ground was absolutely jumping and it was clearly obvious their main stand was filling up with caley fans as well

To this day i've never seen an away support so pumped up,if Caley had scored first i'm sure there would have been a pitch invasion of mammoth proportion :D

The 3-0 scoreline was about right to be honest and the Saints were never in any real danger but the memories off the occasion will live with me forever

I was in the very back row to the left of the goal(red section if my memory serves me right)

Did all the Caley boys on here get in the away end?

I made it but didn't have to travel as far as the rest of you to that game, leaving after work and getting into the ground about 45 minutes before kick off. An incredible atmosphere, we nearly got a consolation goal when Herch hit the post. Little did any us realise then that this was to be Caleys last ever Scottish Cup tie.

Yeah it was an amazing experience,i actually travelled down early by car so was one of the first in the away end

It was unbelievable how quick our end filled up as the supporters busses etc all seemed to arrive on mass

Long before kick off the ground was absolutely jumping and it was clearly obvious their main stand was filling up with caley fans as well

To this day i've never seen an away support so pumped up,if Caley had scored first i'm sure there would have been a pitch invasion of mammoth proportion :D

The 3-0 scoreline was about right to be honest and the Saints were never in any real danger but the memories off the occasion will live with me forever

I was in the very back row to the left of the goal(red section if my memory serves me right)

Did all the Caley boys on here get in the away end?

It was hilarious, the Saint's did not have a clue what to do when the buses & cars just kept coming.

If i remember right they had pay at the gate instead of making it all ticket because they were only expecting a couple of hundred to come down.

Our bus got into the away end (i don't mean literally!) i don't think any of us used the seats at all.

You feckers must have made a fortune that night.

The bars in Pitlochry made a good few quid from us on the way back up the road too.

Was it not Rangers at Mcdiarmid in the next round?

Hereford had a famous cup day against Newcastle.

It was a long time ago but stirs evocative memories.

I know many who were at Perth that evening that haven't been to a game since.

Combination of some sort of ley line activity and free / cheap buses methinks.

To use this one game as a manifesto for glory is bogus.

One good thing came from it, Jim Farry who was in attendance, must have been staggered by the numbers from the north.

Combination of some sort of ley line activity and free / cheap buses methinks.

To use this one game as a manifesto for glory is bogus.

One good thing came from it, Jim Farry who was in attendance, must have been staggered by the numbers from the north.

What drugs are you taking you fucking balloon, :huh: nobody is using the game as anything.

This is a MEMORIAL thread to discuss past events, so do us a favour & piss off.

It was hilarious, the Saint's did not have a clue what to do when the buses & cars just kept coming.

If i remember right they had pay at the gate instead of making it all ticket because they were only expecting a couple of hundred to come down.

Our bus got into the away end (i don't mean literally!) i don't think any of us used the seats at all.

You feckers must have made a fortune that night.

The bars in Pitlochry made a good few quid from us on the way back up the road too.

Was it not Rangers at Mcdiarmid in the next round?

It was indeed, and it was a furiously frustratung 3-0 defeat, I probably would rather have lost to Caley than them.

I know even more who have not been to a game since 1994.

Wonder why that is?

Have ICT ever had a travelling support that size?

Anyway, as another poster on here has reminded you, this is a Caley Memorial thread. Do you have anything to contribute to it?

Quickly - ICT have had bigger away supports on a few occasions but nothing to match that nite in Perth - that was unique and will never be matched.

So what about yer best Caley X1 - looks like we are bridging the generations here.

MacKenzie

Davidson Presslie Andrew Noble

Penman Allan F.Neild

Johnston Urquhart McKintosh

Subs - Stapelton, B.Neild, Summers

Right here go's im not saying it would work as a team by the way!

GK

Hamish Morrison

DEF

Kevin Mann

Bob Summers

Roddy Davidson

Wad

MID

Wilson Robertson

Doc

Danny McDonald

Martin Lisle

FOR

Alan Hercher

Urq

They would still take three points at the Dump even today! :lol:

Here's a reminder of my choice from a few pages back in the thread, bearing in mind my attendances started in the early 80's

Quickly - ICT have had bigger away supports on a few occasions but nothing to match that nite in Perth - that was unique and will never be matched.

So what about yer best Caley X1 - looks like we are bridging the generations here.

MacKenzie

Davidson Presslie Andrew Noble

Penman Allan F.Neild

Johnston Urquhart McKintosh

Subs - Stapelton, B.Neild, Summers

Here's mine taken from an earlier posting on this thread

Goals - Billy Macdonald. Difficult choice as Caley usually had a good keeper in my time watching them. Billy just shades it from Ken McKenzie on length of service and consistency

FB - Roddie Davidson and Kevin Mann. No need to explain their selection. Both vg defensively and both good going forward and wading in with their fair share of goals.

Central Defence - Allan Presslie and Mike Andrews. Both former captains and both committed defenders. Cool under pressure

Mid Field - Andy Penman, Martin Lisle and Freddie Nield. Mid field grafter Lisle, flanked by the two most creative players I saw in a Caley shirt

Forwards - Davie Johnston, Billy Urquhart and Ray Mackintosh. All great scorers, plus Johnston could play on the wing.

Not very different from your XI.

You mentioned the "Nickolodean Song" and "Lets all take a little Walk" in an early posting, do you remember a couple of Howden End anthems from the beginning 1977/78 (around the time Elvis died)? Here's a reminder - "Elvis is dead but Allan lives on " and "There's only one King Presslie, thats Allan". I think Roger claimed the the publishing rights to these!

My fave ditty which changed slightly over the years - to the tune of My old Mans a Dustman was:

My old man said be an Elgin fan - We said Feck aff Bollicks yer a cnut - We took the Jail End in half a minute - We took the Briggs with the S*****o in it - We hammered the Huntly, the Vale and the Peterhead - but when we play the Thistle - We fight to the final whistle - cos we are the Howden End - cue the CALEY chant. :lol::lol::lol:

OR - There was a house in West Drive - The worst house in the town - The Stewarts, the Dyces they lived there - And partook of the Four Crown - Now I have had five bottles and a can of Heinz Baked Beans - and as I walked outside of that Ferry slum - I puked over my new blue jeans.

OR - I supported the Caley for many a year and I spent all my money on whisky and beer but this year I'm rejoicing like no year before - cos we never will play the Ross County no more. - and I still feckin sing it !!

Just got my first three replacement editions of LSM this morning, 4, 5, & 16 onwards with the search for the rest, it's amazing how it just seems like yesterday that i was buying them at the game's & leaving them in the pub three hours later!

You may already be aware - LSM 15 is currently on ebay

Not sure how to put up a link but its easy to find

Happy Bidding :D

See the latest bid......!!!!!. :o:o

And no it wasn't me :(

Jesus christ! Still a 8 days to go as well.

Imagine what my framed, embroidered long sleeve North of Scotland Cup Final version is worth!

I notice that the same seller is auctioning a Thistle top which is lagging some way behind.

Edited by RayBees

Imagine what my framed, embroidered long sleeve North of Scotland Cup Final version is worth!

I notice that the same seller is auctioning a Thistle top which is lagging some way behind.

I suppose it would be handy to have in an emergency, like running out of Andrex. ;)

Mr Bees,

I hope we are not gloating? I feel that you might now be considering your NoS Final jersey as part of your pension fund

PRS

PS Brave of you to have a photo of yourself as your avatar!

Mr Bees,

I hope we are not gloating? I feel that you might now be considering your NoS Final jersey as part of your pension fund

PRS

PS Brave of you to have a photo of yourself as your avatar!

I'm gloating PRS you better believe it.

PS I wish I was as good looking as the guy in my avatar - one of my heroes J Mascis from Dinosaur Jr. Have you heard any of their stuff?