Caledonian F.c. Thread

RayBees

I'm gloating PRS you better believe it.

PS I wish I was as good looking as the guy in my avatar - one of my heroes J Mascis from Dinosaur Jr. Have you heard any of their stuff?

Have heard of Mascis, mainly through guitar circles. Interesting choice of guitar, he uses a Fender Jazzmaster - I had one 30 years ago but never really got to grips with it.

Edited by PRS

Would you believe no! :huh: , are they similar to Girls Aloud? :D

Taught the girls everything they know.

Have heard of Mascis, mainly through guitar circles. Interesting choice of guitar, he uses a Fender Jazzmaster - I had one 30 years ago but never really got to grips with it.

He's a bit of a guitar legend. There played the loudest gig I've ever been to at The Venue in Edinburgh a few weeks before it closed. Anyway this is all completely off topic.

Amusing story about the Caley top on e bay, the fella is also trying to punt it by advertising it on the ict site, saying its his pride & joy but needs must.

He bought it for £60 off e-bay off a fella you all know just before xmas. Said bloke is raging he never kept it hiself now..

Dunno if anyone's gave this link before as I only read the first 10 pages but anyway here you go :)

Yeah, that one's been done mate, lovely corner from "Local Hero"!!! Charlie Christie.

That was a cracking performance against a cocky Clyde side who thought they were turning up for a training match. :lol: Mind you it was, for us!!

Were you at the game?

Yeah, that one's been done mate, lovely corner from "Local Hero"!!! Charlie Christie.

That was a cracking performance against a cocky Clyde side who thought they were turning up for a training match. :lol: Mind you it was, for us!!

Were you at the game?

Nah I'm only 14, I just came on this thread to see any stories on the old Caley. My granda has loads of memories supporting Caley, he says it was far better supporting them than it is the current ICT which really doesn't surprise me :lol:

Edited by Kieran

Nah I'm only 14, I just came on this thread to see any stories on the old Caley. My granda has loads of memories supporting Caley, he says it was far better supporting them than it is the current ICT which really doesn't surprise me :lol:

Your granda is obviously a man of wisdom. Thanks for posting the link

Just came across this thread, excellent read (only had time to read the first few pages, will get through the rest in work the moro :lol:). My dad moved up to Inverness in 89 and went to a few Caledonian games, said there was always a good atmosphere and he met a few good people through the club. He started following County in 1990 as he liked the set up of the club etc. I was then born and stopped him from following football for a couple years. He took me to my first game in 94, so I cant really remember anything of Caledonian or Thistle. Cant really imagine what it would be like to see County merging with someone especially our rivals.

Just came across this thread, excellent read (only had time to read the first few pages, will get through the rest in work the moro :lol: ). My dad moved up to Inverness in 89 and went to a few Caledonian games, said there was always a good atmosphere and he met a few good people through the club. He started following County in 1990 as he liked the set up of the club etc. I was then born and stopped him from following football for a couple years. He took me to my first game in 94, so I cant really remember anything of Caledonian or Thistle. Cant really imagine what it would be like to see County merging with someone especially our rivals.

Welcome to the thread mate!

I am sure you will be a bit more aware of the depth of feeling some of us have against the murder/merger once you have got through the rest of the pages.

Feel free to contribute and we will try to be as unbaised as possible! :lol:

PS Don't get sacked surfing the web when your mean't to be working. ;)

looking at the sales pitch the sellers obviously a c**t.even though i have one i dont much like that final seasons jersey anyway,there were too many shitebags wearing it on the pitch,Wad and Jimmy Gilmour honourably excepted.i remember seeing one guy wearing the 1990 yellow away jersey at a few games,that would get a few bids on ebay im sure!

• 2 weeks later...
Link

??

What next, The Alan Smart Enclosure?

I don't want to appear to disrespect the dead, but to me that says everything you need to know about that septic club.

The man who used all his contacts within the SFA to ensure that the merged bid would be looked on favourably as his own club did not have the wherewithall to submit an individual bid and he managed to talk our pathetic excuse for a board not to submit a single club bid

So yep, ICT & the Jock MacDonald stand sounds like a marriage made in heaven.

As for the Alan Smart enclosure :lol::lol::lol: , that's classic.

I don't want to appear to disrespect the dead, but to me that says everything you need to know about that septic club.

The man who used all his contacts within the SFA to ensure that the merged bid would be looked on favourably as his own club did not have the wherewithall to submit an individual bid and he managed to talk our pathetic excuse for a board not to submit a single club bid

So yep, ICT & the Jock MacDonald stand sounds like a marriage made in heaven.

As for the Alan Smart enclosure :lol::lol::lol: , that's classic.

If you have it on video, look at the Caley v St Johnstone cup tie of '92 and Billy Urquhart being substituted. Big Jock is sitting centre stand, people around him are giving Billy a standing ovation (at this stage it looked like it would be Billy's last appearance in the Scottish Cup as Caley are 2-0 down), MacDonald just sits there. What does that tell you about him?

Link

Nice postcard on sale on Ebay. Notice the distillery and that there are no houses on the hill.

Had a wee look at the old Telford site last week when up for the Clach game. Big changes, its a pity that the old turnstyles corner bit couldnt of been left up as a landmark. I am sure the Caley boys know the bit I mean.

Had a wee look at the old Telford site last week when up for the Clach game. Big changes, its a pity that the old turnstyles corner bit couldnt of been left up as a landmark. I am sure the Caley boys know the bit I mean.

You mean this.

post-20789-1241036351_thumb.jpg

I wonder if Caley will survive.

Oh, wait a minute they never survived. Dry your eyes ya greetin faced b*****ds and keep off the threads concerning ICT if you have nothing constructive to add, stop yer fishing trips for fucks sake, they are getting boring.