Grumpy Old Pnb'rs

RedWeb

I'd rather have the buggy at the side of the car when I'm packing away the shopping than sitting out in the traffic.

Then don't take the kids shopping.

My sister has 4 kids and never takes them to the supermarket. It is an absolute nightmare. Hence, husband goes food shopping. Kids stay home with mummy, or vice versa.

Problem solved!

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You arent being rebelious and getting it up the 'Man', you're being selfish and lazy, would it kill you to walk a further 10 foot from a regular parking space?

So what part of having put a bun in your wife's oven prevents you from walking this extra 10 foot? ;)

It's not even that! Okay, if it was a struggle I would understand, but you know all you have to do to get your kid to get in and out of the car properly? Discipline the little fucker!!! :angry:

That means not allowing him to charge around the sweet aisle screaming at the top of his voice "I WANT THIS! I WANT THIS!" and doing f**k all about it. :angry::angry:

It also means showing the little cherub how to behave around cars in a car park and not driving off and leaving your child in Morrisons car park in Kilmarnock when he won't stand still. It was the wife that saw this, not me, but my first reaction when she told me it was k*ll*e was the woman must have been smacked oot her gourd, but apparently she came back for the wee soul a bit later.

IF YOU CAN'T DISCPLINE YOUR KIDS GET YOURSELF FUCKING STERILISED

My hat is now in the political ring. Compulsory sterilisation, at my behest. :ph34r:

Jay? It's completely gone now. :(

You cant discipline your child! Well I suppose it depends how you go about it. :rolleyes:

Screaming little brats sitting in shopping trolly's,and their parents who just carry on speaking to whoever it is that called them....Maybe you could take the phone from you ear and sort your little brat of a kid out before I slap the f**k out of it. :ph34r:

Guest Ron Burgundy

My sister has 4 kids and never takes them to the supermarket. It is an absolute nightmare. Hence, husband goes food shopping. Kids stay home with mummy, or vice versa.

Problem solved!

yeah lets keep children out of society until they are adults......thats a bit mad for you hb.

For the record I know exactly why Tesco's etc have these. It's so they can appeal to the housewife, who will form a fair part of their custom. It's pure business sense, and I have no problem with it from that sense.

It just pisses me off that people with sprogs seem to think this is an entitlement, when it is really just a perk of being a particular part of the customer base.

yeah lets keep children out of society until they are adults......thats a bit mad for you hb.

They are welcome to go out into society, but I don't think they are going to learn much from being a pain in the arse in a supermarket, driving their parents to madness and pissing off other shoppers.

I haven't seen many happy and cheery parent/young child combos in Tescos.

There are generally tears, angry roars and repeated "I told you NOT to touch that/put that sweet down/stop running in the aisles/come here/WAAAAH" exchanges.

So what part of having put a bun in your wife's oven prevents you from walking this extra 10 foot? ;)

I walk the extra 10 foot if I dont have the wee boy with me but when I do I like the extra room to get his buggy up the side of the car instead of on the road.

Folk with younger kids will appreciate the extra room too if they have those detachable car seats that you usually need your door all the way open to take out and put back in.

I've probably trivialised the point I'm trying to make but you get the jist! ;)

I walk the extra 10 foot if I dont have the wee boy with me but when I do I like the extra room to get his buggy up the side of the car instead of on the road.

I do, but that is your choice to bring him and the buggy with you.

Problem solved!

We quite like doing things together :unsure:

4 kids and 1 parent is an extreme situation in my book. I can see why your sister has taken that decision. I'm happy to use these spaces as long as my daughter can't use her own legs to get herself to the shops. Buggys and car seats are a neccessary pain in the arse and the spaces help. Once she can walk we'll park in the normal spaces.

You might be getting your rant about parking spaces mistaken with one about folk who can't raise their kids correctly?

Guest Ron Burgundy
They are welcome to go out into society, but I don't think they are going to learn much from being a pain in the arse in a supermarket, driving their parents to madness and pissing off other shoppers.

I haven't seen many happy and cheery parent/young child combos in Tescos.

There are generally tears, angry roars and repeated "I told you NOT to touch that/put that sweet down/stop running in the aisles/come here/WAAAAH" exchanges.

and aye thats kids for you but so what....let them run wild in the aisles....its adults that should know better, children I can forgive for acting selfish and immature...adults nah....i'd also rather the kids were not running miles across the car park...safer at the front.

edited to add

children are our future :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aye, I might just leave him alone in the house the next time I have to go to the shops.

I'll give him a wee pep talk before I go so he doesnt electrocute himself, he'll be fine.

Plan your shopping better! Or take him for a walk to the shops if you live close enough!

How many of your visits to the supermarket could you not have made later when your partner/child minder was looking after the kid? Could you not do it on the way home from work?

Don't the trolleys have a child bit at the front anyway? Why do you need a buggy there?

Plan your shopping better! Or take him for a walk to the shops if you live close enough!

How many of your visits to the supermarket could you not have made later when your partner/child minder was looking after the kid? Could you not do it on the way home from work?

Don't the trolleys have a child bit at the front anyway? Why do you need a buggy there?

Makes shoplifting easier

Guest Ron Burgundy

May I suggest branded magnifying glasses with find cole prined on them at £2 a pop......or I could arrange a meeting with the Dalai Llama for spiritual support....I would also suggest a colour scheme of blue and white.

Archived