Blinking Nuisance

Dear first division supporting computer doctor,

Every time I switch on my computer, it dials up the internet. This is quite annoying, please help.

Edited to include: And now the pesky thing dials internet explorer when I dial on to AOL, but when I press the connect button on the keyboard, interner explorer "cannot find server".

When I press connect, the AOL thing doesn't come up anymore, it just goes to internet explorer which says cannot find server.

The simplest answer is ditch the worlds worst ISP! Seriously!

The harder answer would be to go into your internet software properties and ask it not to dial upon start up. If you cant do then type 'msconfig' into the run menu and go to startup. find the command thats you internet and unchech the box, this will stop it starting on boot up. Re-boot your machine and click dont show me this warning again when it asks you

Ok regarding keyboard, you need to re-configure the button so it knows what to do i think. Your original post seems to contradict itself, go through it stage by stage slowly and we'll see if we can help, i don't use AOL, its shit, so if its an AOL issue then i can't help

Either re-install AOL or,

Update your AOL software, or my own favourite,

Get a real ISP, preferably not an American one that arses up your PC!

Archived