Paul Scholes

StewartyMac

Another gem from Clive last night.

Scholes had yet another 'mistimed' tackle on Vieira, and the man with the mic admitted that tackling 'isn't the strongest part of Paul's game'

Eh??

He's a central midfielder, tackling should be quite high up on his list of skills. I suppose goalscoring is his main threat then Clive?? A player who hasn't scored at international level for three years.

Why exactly was he playing at all???

Another gem from Clive last night.

Scholes had yet another 'mistimed' tackle on Vieira, and the man with the mic admitted that tackling 'isn't the strongest part of Paul's game'

Eh??

He's a central midfielder, tackling should be quite high up on his list of skills. I suppose goalscoring is his main threat then Clive?? A player who hasn't scored at international level for three years.

Why exactly was he playing at all???

He's an attacking midfielder <_<

Look at his scoring record for Manchester United...

Aye I know David, but the point is he hasn't scored for England in three years.

And even attacking midfielders should be able to tackle I woulda thought.

He can tackle, but it's not the strongest part of his game!! :wacko:

Anyone remember Scholes' tackle in the first 30 seconds of an England v Sweden game a few years back? Dived in over the top, ripped open a gash in the Swede's thigh - a shocking challange! The only reason he didn't see red was the fact that it was so early in the game. Anything last night paled in comparison to that.

Also, Scholes has an ankle injury that could rule him out of the Switzerland game on Thursday. I wonder how England will rejig the midfield, especially thier 'problem' left side position?

Archived