Holland In Semi's

Guest Juninho

I should also add, that I noticed Ljumberg shout over to the ref as he was walking back up the park. Maybe checking if he'd been awarded the goal?

I was honestly waiting for Holland to have won it after the 5 kicks, thinking that the commentators etc had just missed the penalty being disallowed.

Question 25: When is a penalty-kick considered completed in the event of additional time being extended at half-time or full-time to allow it to be taken, or in the event of kicks being taken from the penalty-mark to determine the winner of a match?

Answer 1: (FIFA). There are three possible situations (edited for brevity):

The player taking the penalty, kicks the ball which, having rebounded from either goal-post or the cross-bar,

rebounds back into play, hits the goalkeeper and passes entirely over the goal-line, between the goal-posts and beneath the cross-bar.

Decision: Goal, the penalty-kick (or kicks from the penalty-mark is over and therefore the extended time also, if applicable.

So, who's right?

Guest Ruggy Bairn
Question 25: When is a penalty-kick considered completed in the event of additional time being extended at half-time or full-time to allow it to be taken, or in the event of kicks being taken from the penalty-mark to determine the winner of a match?

Answer 1: (FIFA). There are three possible situations (edited for brevity):

The player taking the penalty, kicks the ball which, having rebounded from either goal-post or the cross-bar,

rebounds back into play, hits the goalkeeper and passes entirely over the goal-line, between the goal-posts and beneath the cross-bar.

Decision: Goal, the penalty-kick (or kicks from the penalty-mark is over and therefore the extended time also, if applicable.

So, who's right?

They've changed the rules since I chucked it then.

Archived