Glasgow Area 5's

Kylesons

Really enjoyed that tonight. Good close game.

Did you say it was at 8 next week, Dave/Moobs

Aye, 8pm next week guys. Think its on park 2, not 100% sure tho.

Really enjoyed that as well, Shakey, David, Kyle etc would have been gutted to lose out at the end, the two teams were very evenly matched the whole way through and in the end there was only a couple in it. Some brilliant football played by both sides at times as well, a few lovely one touch passing moves in the build up to some goals.

If you're likely to be short of players, I can play on Easter Monday, and again a fortnight later.

That could be ideal Coddy, my mate Dave is likely to be at home in Dunblane due to Easter holidays so you could basically take his place.

But you know we'll always make space for you lad! :lol:

I'm in for next week as well. I nominate myself as a captain so I can pick 4 other guys who'll bother tracking back :)

:lol:

To be fair David it looked to me like you were playing the 'Sweeper' role for more or less the whole game, and so had less running to do than a lot of the other guys. We kept rotating our man at the back, maybe that helped us.

And I'm fairly certain that Shakey will let you go captain next week, he hates doing it lol.

I'm not having a go or anything, but why cant people make the occaisional 9.30 game? On occaision it's the only time we'll be able to get, as they are really busy and fill up fast.

I got through before 9.10am yesterday, and could still not get 7.30, hence the 8pm game.

Last week, I got through at 9.25am and the only times left were 5.30pm or 9.30pm.

If people have a reason they can't make it, that's fine, but if it's just because it's a bit late for them then it's a bit shit, as it leaves guys like myself and Kyle scrambling around trying to find friends/relatives to step in and take their place.

The other problem is that if we don't get 10 players then I'll be left out of pocket, not to mention the teams being uneven.

I'm not having a go or anything, but why cant people make the occaisional 9.30 game? On occaision it's the only time we'll be able to get, as they are really busy and fill up fast.

I got through before 9.10am yesterday, and could still not get 7.30, hence the 8pm game.

Last week, I got through at 9.25am and the only times left were 5.30pm or 9.30pm.

If people have a reason they can't make it, that's fine, but if it's just because it's a bit late for them then it's a bit shit, as it leaves guys like myself and Kyle scrambling around trying to find friends/relatives to step in and take their place.

The other problem is that if we don't get 10 players then I'll be left out of pocket, not to mention the teams being uneven.

I think we all appreciate you phoning up early on a Monday morning, and looking for players at the last minute isn't easy as I have personally found.

For the late kick-offs, I'm not at Union Street after the game until almost 11pm. The buses back to the southside are far from regular, especially as I'm up at 7 in the morning. In short, I'm too far away from the city centre to justify a late game of fives.

Can you not block-book at the Powerleague for an evening slot?

I think we all appreciate you phoning up early on a Monday morning, and looking for players at the last minute isn't easy as I have personally found.

For the late kick-offs, I'm not at Union Street after the game until almost 11pm. The buses back to the southside are far from regular, especially as I'm up at 7 in the morning. In short, I'm too far away from the city centre to justify a late game of fives.

Can you not block-book at the Powerleague for an evening slot?

That's fine Greg mate, like I said it's fine if there's legitimate reasons.

Not trying to claim credit for getting up to call on a Monday, I'm up at that point anyway, I was just trying to highlight how quickly the decent kick off times sell out.

Happy Birthday by the way mate, not out largeing it for your 18th?

Likewise, even with GC giving me a lift to Central a few weeks back, I still got home after half 11. 7.30 or earlier suits me as I can work on 'til 7 and head straight to fives.

A half 9 start means leaving the house at half 8 or so and not returning home until 3 hours later. I don't mind spending 3 hours in the pub on a weeknight, but for anything else, I really can't be arsed.