Glasgow Area 5's

Kylesons

I'm now out.

Having been without hot water (no central heating or shower) since Christmas Eve, British Gas were meant to come and fix the boiler today but didn't bother turning up, spouting some pish about pressing the wrong buzzer (0/1, which doesn't actually exist!).

Despite this blatant lie, they've decided to treat us like any customer and as such, it'll be next Monday before I may have hot water again. Twats, idiots, scum.

TUESDAY

Mr Ryan Cowden (Before or at 9pm)

Mr Thistle

Mr David W (Maybe)

Mr Sao Paulo

Mr Shakey

Mr Kyle

WEDNESDAY

Mr Sao Paulo

Mr Shakey (Time dependant)

Mr Thistle

Mr Dubs (If Mr Fabregas is playing)

Mr Calum (If after 9pm)

Mr McGowan

AWAITING CONFIRMATION

Mr GeeJay

Mr Chrissy

Mr Boyce

OUT

Mr Wee

Mr Kevin

Mr David W

Mr Colin M

Mr Fabregas

Edited by ShakehandsTom - DFC

I'm now out.

Having been without hot water (no central heating or shower) since Christmas Eve, British Gas were meant to come and fix the boiler today but didn't bother turning up, spouting some pish about pressing the wrong buzzer (0/1, which doesn't actually exist!).

Despite this blatant lie, they've decided to treat us like any customer and as such, it'll be next Monday before I may have hot water again. Twats, idiots, scum.

Listen. I wouldn't usually impart trade secrets like this publicly. And it's a very technical instruction so I'll understand if you don't want to go right in there tamper with things. But see if ye jist turn it aff it the back Mr.Worton? In all seriousness my money is on the condensate pipe if it's a condensing Combi. Mine has frozen up twice despite being lagged more than appropriately. Exceptionally cold weather.

In other news. McGowan will play tomorrow.

Listen. I wouldn't usually impart trade secrets like this publicly. And it's a very technical instruction so I'll understand if you don't want to go right in there tamper with things. But see if ye jist turn it aff it the back Mr.Worton? In all seriousness my money is on the

I was understanding until this.

condensate pipe if it's a condensing Combi. Mine has frozen up twice despite being lagged more than appropriately. Exceptionally cold weather.

No idea about this part. Though I did teach my S2 class about lagging today.

Thing is, the pilot light wasn't working and some wee Mr Miyagi guy fixed it so it's now lighting. No hot water though so there's obviously another problem.

WEDNESDAY

Mr Sao Paulo

Mr Shakey

Mr Thistle

Mr Calum (If after 9pm)

Mr McGowan

AWAITING CONFIRMATION

Mr GeeJay

Mr Chrissy

Mr Boyce

OUT

Mr Wee

Mr Kevin

Mr David W

Mr Colin M

Mr Fabregas

So we've got six so far, who else is up for playing?

If/when this is booked, Paul, can you text me as I'm unlikely to be at the computer before the probable kick-off?

It would be good if we could get the numbers tonight, or at least know how likely it is of going ahead?

(Stuff)

I was stereotyping myself, and the trade as a whole I suppose, in that first part David. Turning your boiler off at its spur or power on/off is unlikely to resolve anything. If I recall correctly you told me you had a combination boiler in the house? Yet you seem to infer that the heating and hot water are supplied by separate entities - a conventional (heating) boiler and (hot water) cylinder? I would guess that if your friend of an Asian persuasion fixed the pilot light, if that's genuinely what it is, then you're powered by the latter set-up. Combi boilers generally have piezo (electric) ignitions as opposed to permanent pilots. If it is that (an older system) then it's a different kettle of fish. No condensate pipe. Not terribly likely that it's any weather related problem. I wouldn't know where to begin the diagnosis questionnaire... And it's just occurred to me that this is the Glasgow Area Fives thread.

(Stuff)

Aye I'll try and keep you updated via. text tomorrow Tom. Hopeful it'll go ahead.