Glasgow Area 5's

Kylesons

I'm attending the Thistle v Morton game, as is Sao Paulo. I think he said so in the pub yesterday.

Unless it's a 10pm start for a chance of anyone at Firhill getting to Powerleague in times after the game, I can't see this going ahead.

This is a disgrace. You don't watch good football on a Saturday, so why are you choosing to put yourselves through that on a Monday?!

Disgrace.

If we get the numbers for tomorrow night I will be in. Make no mistake.

That said, I do quite fancy Thistle versus Morton. My thinking was that we would struggle for numbers this Monday, what with Scott for a start being committed to the glorious Harold Wraggs. I know McGowan's struggling a bit and evidently Adam & Ryan are also unavailable.

If there ever was an agreed term of abstinence it would almost certainly be followed by several weeks of truly wretched reintegration.

Not that Kevin doesn't appreciate this. As a matter of fact he had drafted up some extra-curricular (flashcard-format) fitness regimes for us all. I had a look through these yesterday, and they appeared to be particularly gruelling for almost every individual. Predictably however, the architect has made himself the exception.

When I reached the bottom of the pile Kevin had laid on the table, there happened to remain a tennent's beer coaster. Coincidence? I think not.

Got quite a bit of sweet, delicious christmas monies available that I haven't spunked up the wall yet, so I'd like a game at some point over this week.

Can't make Monday on account of the Thistle - Morton game at Firhill, though. Tuesday should be fine, but I'm not sure if theres any other midweek games which'll affect other folk on here. Edited to add; just read through the most recent posts, it would seem several other of the fine young gentlemen on here are going to grace Firhill with their presence on Monday as well. Ergo, any other day than tomorrow would probably be the best day to book a pitch, provided we can all agree on a suitable day.

We'll see, I guess.

On a slightly related note, I'm wearing a sombrero to Firhill on Monday as part of the Spanish themed night planned as a farewell for Gerry "King of Spain" Britton. I'll probably look like a bit of a dickhead (or rather, more of a dickhead than usual) but still, it should be a good laugh, even if the weather's horrific, which should have no effect on whether the game goes ahead. I'm still keeping an eye on the situation just in case its called off, though.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

MONDAY

Mr Shakey

Mr Sao Paulo

TUESDAY

Mr Ryan Cowden (Before or at 9pm)

Mr Thistle

Mr David W (Maybe)

Mr Sao Paulo

Mr Shakey

WEDNESDAY

Mr Sao Paulo

Mr Shakey

AWAITING CONFIRMATION

Mr GeeJay

Mr Chrissy

Mr Boyce

Mr Generic McGowan

OUT

Mr Wee

Mr Kevin

Mr David W (Monday)

Scott, can you advise if you're in for a possible game on Wednesday?

Chrissy, what nights are you able to play, if you're going to the Fisal vs Morton game tomorrow?

Edited by ShakehandsTom - DFC

MONDAY

Mr Shakey

Mr Sao Paulo

TUESDAY

Mr Thistle

Mr David W (Maybe)

Mr Sao Paulo

Mr Shakey

WEDNESDAY

Mr Sao Paulo

Mr Shakey (Time dependant)

Mr Thistle

Mr Dubs (If Mr Fabregas is playing)

AWAITING CONFIRMATION

Mr GeeJay

Mr Chrissy

Mr Boyce

Mr Generic McGowan

Mr Fabregas

OUT

Mr Wee

Mr Kevin

Mr David W (Monday)

Chrissy, what nights are you able to play, if you're going to the Fisal vs Morton game tomorrow?

Edited by ShakehandsTom - DFC

Do they clear the parks at the Powerleagues? I'll play on Wednesday if Cesc plays and the pitches aren't a total joke like they are through here.

They were a joke last week. Wis hard tae tell if a shot went in cos there was that much snow behind the goals. Might no be as bad now.

Do they clear the parks at the Powerleagues? I'll play on Wednesday if Cesc plays and the pitches aren't a total joke like they are through here.
They were a joke last week. Wis hard tae tell if a shot went in cos there was that much snow behind the goals. Might no be as bad now.

Behave, Thacks. They weren't that bad! Anyway, you could tell it went in because it went past the keeper and ould have nestled snugly in the net, had there not been snow behind it. You sound like a referee there who seems to want to postpone a game for a 'wee bit ae snow'.