Glasgow Area 5's

Kylesons

I very much enjoyed that. Graftalicious, some might say.

The teams seemed relatively even and it was a decent game.

On an organisational note, as Logical Paul suggested, we all seem to want to get a regular game, so something can maybe be put in place to avoid such a shambolic last minute organising in future.

I.e. I'd suggest either getting a weekly slot so that we can try and get people in in the days leading upto Monday, as opposed to 3mins before we're due to kick-off.

Either that, or, to allow no repeat of the massively disorganised, frantic cutting about before the start, we have a cut-off time, in that, if we don't have the 10 people by say, two or three hours before we're due to play, we make a decision not to play.

I very much would like to continue with graftalicious GA5's on a Monday evening, and with a bit more organisation, I feel that this is very much a possibility/probability.

I'll try and be in for next week, depending on how Saturdays sesh at Brechin goes financially.

I'm off on Tuesdays so keeping it a Monday night would be ideal for me aswell, whenever I can (be arsed to) play.

Having seen the above, and heard about your antics on away days, I'm going to open odds at 1/5 that you don't play on Monday. ;)

Edited by ShakehandsTom - DFC

Generous odds there, I place my life savings on it.

Seriously, at 17 aswell, £5.20 for a game of 5's is a little steep. And the college pay isnt massive. So when I get paid on Thursdays and we've an away game on the Saturday, the moneys all spunked away on Saturday (mostly to lager, I confess) so I'm always skint for any sociable things throughout the following week. I suppose it can be done whenever we've a home game on the Saturday after I get paid. For example, the Monday 2 weeks from now.

Or I could look for a part time job but

a) I really and honestly can't be bothered

b) The places I have applied for have been p***ks and just said no before even asking to come for an interview.

Suppose it'll be easier for part time work when I'm 18 when the option of working in a pub/bookies arises.

I prefer 'profane Paul', Fudge. Rolls off the tongue.

Like everyone else, I thought it was alright despite the running around to get ten players. First twenty, thirty minutes I was genuinely content with how I played. Put it down to being up and about the full day, some heavy leg pressing at the gymnasium earlier and maybe a bit of fire in my gut for a change. Organising tonight stressed me out like.

Thirty minutes burned us out. Mind went, legs went, touch went. Bit raggedy after that but it's an improvement 'init.

See if we can get the ten sorted for Sunday this week. I won't be able to play much of a part in the organisation (Monday) due to a late finish with the work.

First time I haven't blown out my arse at any point - and my goal was of the decent calibre (back heel off the post, rebound volleyed into the top corner)

Horrific defensively though, lost count how many times my man got away and I gave him two or three yards - fucking criminal.

In fairness, the names that have been put down are hardly monumental shocks.

That's perhaps true.

Btw, if you're going to 'be' a player next week, don't be Gramovics or Lithgow. Because it would be a slight on your usual standard of performance, as you usually contribute something and we know that you're actually playing.

That's perhaps true.

Btw, if you're going to 'be' a player next week, don't be Gramovics or Lithgow. Because it would be a slight on your usual standard of performance, as you usually contribute something and we know that you're actually playing.

I'll be Lucas :D