Glasgow Area 5's

Kylesons

Cheers for the game, thought there were some fucking goals tonight scored aswell. Played poorly right from the off, struggling to get back into the tempo of 5s. Hadn't played 5's properly from a good few months. If there are short numbers again next week I'll be up for it, be a good chance to play alot better.

The dude (forgot his name and was in my team aswell :ph34r: ) in the Olympiakos strip? scored a fucking peach.

Edited by coldojag

Ryan. Some true moments of magic from him some weeks.

I thought ye did alright. Workrate was good and ye scored a long range effort.

Did that count? Someone else said 'you can't shoot in your half' so I went by his word. Been thinking about that one all night aswell :lol:

Edited by coldojag

Did that count? Someone else said 'you can't shoot in your half' so I went by his word. Been thinking about that one all night aswell :lol:

Horse shite. Who shouted that - Paul fuckin Cannon. If that was the case then Ryans screamer wouldnt have counted either. Because I threw it in the air over everybodys head towards him. I dont think strict 5s rules are enforced.

Horse shite. Who shouted that - Paul fuckin Cannon. If that was the case then Ryans screamer wouldnt have counted either. Because I threw it in the air over everybodys head towards him. I dont think strict 5s rules are enforced.

Yass :D , at the time it did make sense because I wasn't sure if we were playing the proper rules or not.

Ach depends. That halfway rule makes sense to me, encourages better football. It's kinda crept into our game due to another 5s game that myself and at times Fraser, Kaz and Greg have played in.

I'd be all for the head height rule tbh. Saves one c**t poaching and wanting it lobbed over the top all the time, and again, encourages better fitba.

:oops I have a complete inability to score from any ball played across my body. I don't know what it is about it, I'm just fucking rotten at it. I even managed to hit one about 15 feet over from a coule of yards out :oops

Also, sorry for being a greedy wee shite :D

Did we manage 10 goals between the two teams :lol: ? Never seen such a hopeless display of finishing.

There could of been alot more if the team I was against wasn't so unlucky at least half dozen times. The ball either hittting the post, hitting the bar, hitting the underside of the bar and I'm sure there was one shot that hit the bar then onto the post then rolled along the line for a second or two without going in :lol: .

The amount of shots that hit the underside of the bar was ridiculous! If the goals had been half an inch higher, we would have scored a fair few more. That said, if my aunty had balls, she'd be my uncle.

There could of been alot more if the team I was against wasn't so unlucky at least half dozen times. The ball either hittting the post, hitting the bar, hitting the underside of the bar and I'm sure there was one shot that hit the bar then onto the post then rolled along the line for a second or two without going in :lol: .

I remember that; think it was me who'd somehow managed to hit it straight against the keeper, then it came back to one of our players who then hit a good effort which somehow went off both post then bar. Unbelievable.

Or was it that I'd teed him up and he hit both bits of woodwork? Can't remember, either way it was unbelievably unlucky.

I thought last night was great! Think everyone trying a leg had a lot to do with it though, nobody got upset with each other and some good stuff played - albeit with plenty of missed chances. On a selfish note, my fitness is truely woefull. I try to counter this with determination but end up losing the ball in a moment of madness/frustration trying to take people on when really I shouldn't be. Sorry chaps!

In for next week Kev/Paul/Dave/whoever is organising.

Edit to add: make that another one in favour of the head height rule!

Edited by CowdenLoyal

I did murmur about the own half thing when that went in as well but we don't tend to play by the strict fives rules so?

FWIW I thought it was a pretty good quality game last night. It tends to be such when the right quantity of fresh blood is there. I know loads of guys who do the same ten again and again or even the fourteen with sevens and they all say that it becomes a bit bogged down.

I'm not bothered about people shooting from their own half as long as people don't start doing it all the time or from their own goalmouth or anything like that.

Regarding head height, I'm not convinced it's ever really been a problem? If someone from one teams hangs around up front the other team just need to deal with it by leaving someone back.