England

Guest sons1872

Guest sons1872

England keep going on about how they don't have anyone to play left midfield with a left foot. I think to myself why haven't they picked Alan Thompson from Celtic for that position. He is a natural left footer and plays some great balls into the box. What do you think?

Guest SurreySaint
England keep going on about how they don't have anyone to play left midfield with a left foot. I think to myself why haven't they picked Alan Thompson from Celtic for that position. He is a natural left footer and plays some great balls into the box. What do you think?

He is just not good enough :(

He is just not good enough :(

Who did they play left mid for their games? They may have been better with a 4-4-2. Usual defence, Thommo,Gerrard,Lampard,Beckham?.. Anyway, who gives a toss, they're out! :lol:

Guest SurreySaint

He would struggle to get in to the Scotland starting XI never mind England.

He would struggle to get in to the Scotland starting XI never mind England.

He would NOT struggle to get in our national team! You been drinking!? :D

Guest SurreySaint
He would NOT struggle to get in our national team! You been drinking!? :D

No, he would struggle to get in :)

Alan Thompson is barely good enough for the Celtic team, let alone international football. He'd be nowhere near the Scotland squad, just as he's nlight years away from the England squad, for more reasons than one. ;)

Guest Bhoys67

Thompson would have made a great selection, but he'll even admit he's not a

miracle worker and that's what england need.

Guest Saint Geezer

I felt the midfield for England was fine i wold have played it slightly different...

Becks Stevie G Lampard

scholes

I definitely think Thompson (and Sutton) could have done a job for England, but in hindsight none of the games (perhaps maybe the Swiss) would Erikson have played in an attacking enough manner for these players to be used.

Martin O'Neil has got the best out of both players so I can sort of understand why Sven didn't select them. However it's their loss, both are too old to be considered for the up coming qualifiers.

Let's leave it at that, eh?

I think a more balanced team could use wayne bridge and ashley cole down the left. Also goes with his defensive mind. However i dont mind him picking a lopsided team, helps them to lose :D

Joe Cole does not bad on the left for Chelski. Thompson is a good, honest pro and should've been in the squad.

England have the problem that they pick the best 4 players, and not the 4 players who would play well together.

Thompson wasnt good enough for the Premiership, never mind England. I cant believe someone said Jermaine Jenas. Since when has he ever shown himself to be a left sided player. I follow Newcastle myself and think he is gonna have a great season next season after last seasons dissapointment, but in the centre, not the left.

I would play Wayne Bridge ahead of Cole down the left myself.

Archived