The mighty Rovers travelled to Prestige and came away with 3 points thanks to a 5-0 win. Giles Noakes grabbed a double, with Gideon Jones, Ken Nedley and Wally Davis filling in the other gaps. A reletively foul free game with only one booking, that went to Paul Naismith of the home team. Meanwhile in match of the day Ferry Dancers crumbled at home to top of the league San Francisco Soccer Giants. :P

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A big crowd turned up for the clash between Ferry Dancers and San Francisco Giants Soccer Club, who had travelled from California to Inverness. The game was a typically tough affair, with all the flowing football coming from the visitors. Steve Schmidt retained his place in the side, after having impressed in the win over East Fife standing in for the injured Ulric Accardi.

For the second week running, the aristocrats of the division were met with some tough tackling, and a weak referee again failed to take action, with Ferry Dancers only recieving the one booking, despite several dubious challenges.

Storm Bartlet, with his 16th of the season and fourh in the last two games, scored the winner from a curling free kick. Earlier on midfielder Trevor Lamb scored his sixth of the season from midfield, only for Ferry Dancers to get a scrappy goal back to equalise.

This 2-1 victory for the Giants leaves them four points clear at the top of the division, and six ahead of the third place team. With just 3 games remaining, and with a vastly superior goal difference, San Francisco Giants Soccer Club can clinch promotion with a home victory tomorrow over the difficult We're Magic, We're Magic.

A resounding if not emphatic 6-1 victory over the team who we have still to replay from an abandoned game earlier this season. Our own Owen Coyle,Vic Charles, scored 4 to take his tally for the season to 24 (7 clear of his nearest rival for the golden boot.)

Promotion is in our own hands now as we are 8 points clear of 4th with 9 points to play for. (12 with our game in hand)

Im still celebrating as Ryan McWilliams clinched promotion and the championship today, with another 1-0 win. 43,164 people turned up to witness Surreal madrid win their first trophy under my stewardship.

A Stunning volley in the third minute, ensured we win the championship. Ryan McWilliams has been subject to two 20m+ bids recently but stated he wants to stay at Carlos Stade de Grande. He also picked up the fans player of the year trophy after scoring his 20th of the season.

Im still celebrating as Ryan McWilliams clinched promotion and the championship today,

Nice one - P&B's first Champion I believe :cheers

I won 5-0 away , still top , still promoted but with second and third to play over the next 2 days I can still be overtaken at the top :(

An away 0-0 against the bottom side was hardly the result required for the promotion seeking 12 angry men. However 3rd place Mint United lost 3-2 so the gap has been cut to 4 pts with 3 to play. Brown trousers all round.

Nice one - P&B's first Champion I believe :cheers

I won 5-0 away , still top , still promoted but with second and third to play over the next 2 days I can still be overtaken at the top :(

I won the championship today too :D

Helped by Damon Noakes scoring 27 times in only 19 games <_<

I lost 2-1 in heartbreaking and undeserved circumstances!! We had 16 shots but still couldn't down 2nd place Scinilators so I'll have to wait until tomorrow before (hopefully) securing the league title.

Archived