Top 5 "going Ape" Moments

AyrshireTon

These need not be particularly vital or memorable games, but we all go totally berserk sometimes at the footy.

5. Greacen scores a header at Love St.

In front of us in the Caley stand and laps it up in the Renfrewshire Cup Final.

4. Taking the lead at Ross County in the cup.

After lots of (wind assisted) pressure, we go in front after about half an hour. A few fans were hurt in the celebrations behind the goal.

3. McGregor scores with 4 minutes left v Albion Rovers.

This header raised the roof at Cappielow. The 4th official was back a week or so later as a linesman (this was in December), and remarked that the atmosphere at this game was better than any he'd done so far that season (including a few in the SPL).

2. Warren Hawke scores at East Fife.

Took us a second or two to realise - only the sight of the team chasing after him told us that we had finally broken the deadlock. Fourth last game of the season, suddenly promotion out of the 3rd looked back on again.

1. Rowbotham blows the final whistle v Peterhead.

And we were on our way back.

AT

5. Greacen scores a header at Love St.

In front of us in the Caley stand and laps it up in the Renfrewshire Cup Final.

Jeez...getting a stonner over a pre-season friendly against a team of under 19s and trialists :rolleyes:

That's very 'Morton' of you Winston. belive it or not, I did not enjoy moment number (2).

So many to choose from...................

5) Beating Morton at Bayview

Just a great moment to round off 8 tense, exciting, important, if not successful games against Morton.

4)Drawing level with Albion Rovers

5 minutes to go and an equaliser against those tinky Coatbridge b*****ds. Not only a good result for us but an absolutely (and ultimately) crushing blow to them.

3)Scotland beating Holland

Dosen't need an explanation.

2)An unlikely win stolen from the jaws of defeat at Gretna

2-1 down with 90 minutes gone. After 93 minutes we won 3-2. Watching it on teletext, I couldn't beleive it, "berserk" is not the word for it.

1) Kenny Deuchar scoring with 20 seconds left againt Queens park on the last day of season 02/03 to send us up.

If you haven't exerienced this then you can't even imagine the joy. There is no feeling like it!

Jeez...getting a stonner over a pre-season friendly against a team of under 19s and trialists :rolleyes:

Yeah - that's like going mad after a big fat b'st'rd gets a winner in the last minute of extra time against a team 2 divisions below you. <_<

Gordon EF - had a feeling that win would be in there somewhere.

AT

Lorenzo Amoruso booting Conor Gethins outside the box, the ref sending Amoruso off, gives a penalty( :lol: ) then Big maxi skies it over the flipping Jailend. We would have hammered them if it went to extra time.

Totally annihilating QoS 6-2 down in Dumfries, my Uncle was greeting that night.

Totally annihilating St Cuthbert Wanderers 11-0, my same uncle from Kirkcudbright was greeting again that day.

Derek Adams chipping Rab Douglas and making a total cvnt of him in a Scottish Cup tie.

Boukara blessing himself in front of the Rangers support, it was so fecking funny.

Last season:

Turnbull's equaliser v Gretna 1/5/04, we needed a point for promotion

2-1 v Gretna, Davey Graham runs rings round their defence to net

3-1 v Gretna, wee Davey lobs the third, payback time for their jammy win at new year

1-0 v Rovers, 15/5/04 fantastic goal from Finlayson gave us early lead

2-0 v Rovers, Mikey Moore slots home a one-on-one with the keeper ( :o ) we knew the title was ours.

Yeah - that's like going mad after a big fat b'st'rd gets a winner in the last minute of extra time against a team 2 divisions below you. <_<

A winner in a competitive meaningful game after we had been 2-0 down at HT :P

Morton fans always act so snooty when someone celebrates a goal or win against them. It's like they're saying, "ha, we are Morton, of course all you little people would celebrate just being on the same pitch as us. I assume it was the greatest moment of your little lives". Someone even said, "You'd have thought they'd beaten Real Madrid," after that game. the reaction of your own fans was just as big. Maybe you chose not to see that, but I did.

Well AT, look at your list, is that a goal at Bayview in at number 2? Surely it is beneath a Morton fan to celebrate a goal at Bayview?

Well, you're not a 'big team', you've not been in the top half of Scottish football for a while now and you couldn't even get promoted to the 1st division this year. And yet you act like you're a sleeping giant and that you'll be in the SPL in a few years. Maybe that's why people take pleasure in beating you.

Agree with Gordon, Morton are nobodies.If they were as good as they think would they have been in division 3 the season before last and blown a huge lead last season? Their fans should accept reality, another season in division 2 beckons. :rolleyes::lol:

Morton fans always act so snooty when someone celebrates a goal or win against them. It's like they're saying, "ha, we are Morton, of course all you little people would celebrate just being on the same pitch as us.

Well AT, look at your list, is that a goal at Bayview in at number 2? Surely it is beneath a Morton fan to celebrate a goal at Bayview?

Gordon - I was not belittling the win. It was deserved (we were pish that day) and I was relieved that it was at NB and not at home, for historical reasons. I simply meant that your fans and team seemed delighted with it (rightly so - we have been your bogey team for a while).

Our goal at Bayview was probably the best celebrated that season (even more than the the Peterhead one - we were half-expecting Rowbotham to give offside or something). A guy at the back of your stand crowd-surfed forward 5 rows during the celebrations.

No goal at any venue is "beneath us" (you should have seen us at Forfar this season).

AT

Agree with Gordon, Morton are nobodies.If they were as good as they think would they have been in division 3 the season before last and blown a huge lead last season? Their fans should accept reality, another season in division 2 beckons. :rolleyes::lol:

Fck off! :angry:

AT, you may not be arrogant but a lot of Morton fans are. Your fans went mental after we beat you at Bayview, there were loads of ton fans at the barrier gesturing to the East Fife fans at full time and the behaviour of some of them after the game suggested it ment a lot to them.

Then, they acted as though it was the greatest acheivement in East Fife's history to beat Morton and completely ignored the actions of their own fans.

DMton, stairparkrabbit is right. Maybe calling Morton "nobodies" is a bit harsh but all he says is true.

Morton think they are too good for the ower leagues but, as has been proved beyond all doubt in the past fw years, they are very, very wrong.

5) When Darren Smith did a mazy run and scored away to Queens Park. Bet Berwick goal i have ever seen. It was November and Queens were unbreaten at the time. We fucked them 4-1.

4) Craig Findleys goal that got us promoted against Montrose. Same season as above

3) The final whistle when we held Rangers to a 0-0 draw back in 2002. I just couldnt believe it. Unbelievable!!!

2) The winner against Stranraer in the Scottish Cup 3rd round i think it was. They were a league above us at the time and we beat them away. Everyone just went fuckin mental. I ended up about 10 yards away from i started and i dont think i touched the ground.

1) Barry Elliots 1st half goal at Tynecastle which put us 1-0 up against Hearts. My phone flew about 4 rows down the stand and smashed, but i didnt fuckin care.

5-v St.Johnstone..In the cup at McDiarmid Park Ayr were 2-0 down at half time to a then doing well in the Premier St Johnstone team and Sammy Johnston pulled it back to 2-2 and everyone went mental.Shame we lost 3 goals in the last ten minutes and lost 5-2 :(

4-v K*llie and Jim Dick bullets a header past Marshall in a K*llie side containing Durrant etc in a 2-0 Scottish Cup win

3-v Partick and Laurent D'Jaffo puts us 2-1 up in a winner stays up tie at Firhill with a 25 yard curler and Billy Findlay seals it moments later.

2-v K*llie and Andy Walker chips a penalty over Marshall leaving him looking stupid in a 3-0 humping of the Premier League team

1-v Hibs and Eddie Annand hammers home the extra time penalty to send us to our first ever cup final.If only we had been on terracing it would have been even more bedlam....All seater stadiums :rolleyes:

My favourite was when Toorie popped up with a goal against Brechin to onfirm our promotion. I about shat myself when Brechin scored about a minute before that but Toorie was my saviour!

Fck off!  :angry:

:P:P

What I mean is you don't think Morton and "oh shit they're real giants of fitba we'll get cuffed here" do you? :rolleyes: Should we? :lol::lol:

Archived