England To Win Award

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
David Davis has said today that English football fans could recieve an award from UEFA for their brilliant support in Portugal this summer. Well deserved I feel. The English outnumbered all other nations during the championships and behaved brilliantly. The games in which England were involved produced proberbly the games with the best atmosphere in the tournament. :)

at least thats the only fucking thing they'll be winning.

and we still have and always will have the greatest, friendliest and most passionate fans in the world. england still have scummy racist thugs as fans and no UEFA award will never change that.

There was no trouble in Japan

With all due respect we know why that was. It's 6,000 miles away and cost a fortune to get and stay there.

We also know why England has such a larger (and peaceful) support in Japan, because the Beckham media engine was in full swing. And we all know how fickle the Japanese are with things in fashion and the media.

It's funny the ammount of support you lot got out there from the locals, compared to the average attitude of a drunken ned in the local chinese carry out at 2am, in any typical middle England town. Oh, the irony.

compared to the average attitude of a drunken ned in the local chinese carry out at 2am, in any typical middle England town. Oh, the irony.

And do you really think its any different in your typical Scottish town?

and we still have and always will have the greatest, friendliest and most passionate fans in the world. england still have scummy racist thugs as fans and no UEFA award will never change that.

You also have some scummy racist thugs, and England have some of the friendliest and most passionate fans in the world. You cant just group everybody that supports a team together like that. Everybody is different.

Its p***ks like you grouping folk together thats the problem. How dare you label me for my nationality, when you dont even know me.

But as i said, you dont deserve it for the way people have treated Urs Meier, and if it was me, id throw england out of the next world cup for it.

Wouldn't it more sensible to punish 'The Sun' for the treatment of Meier ?

Guest Guinness_Alan
Wouldn't it more sensible to punish 'The Sun' for the treatment of Meier ?

Yes, the Sun should be punished, as should some of the tv news companies who also published Meier's personal details.

The fact that the FA are not loudly condemning the actions of sections of the media, and telling them they are no longer going to co-operate with those sections of the media, sends out the message that they are condoning these actions. The FA should be, at least, censured and warned by UEFA for appearing to find this behaviour acceptable.

Are England fans blameless for acting on what's written in the Sun?

And is the England football team responsible for the actions of some of their fans?

Blame table

The nutters who e-mailed threats

The Sun for inciting them to do so

The FA for (apparently) not censuring parts of the Media (although strictly speaking incitement is a criminal matter so should be dealt with through the courts)

The England football squad

Guest Guinness_Alan

I'm not blaming the England football squad. I'm criticising the FA for lack of action. They should have come out straight away and condemned the actions of certain sections of the media as well as the behaviour of some of their "fans". They appear quite happy to continue their cosy relationships with these same media people who are guilty of incitement, which implies that the FA does not see anything wrong with what happened and are in fact being seen to condone it.

And do you really think its any different in your typical Scottish town?

Granted, but we would of managed to get 1000's of fans over there without the need to rely on the "home" support.

Just pointing out the irony, and the reason why there was no violence in Japan.

Im sorry i never had the time to say why i would dq England from the next championships. Yes it is the sun etc who should get absolutely hammered. But what happens now to referees who get given the England games..... theyll be shit scared to make teh wrong decision incase the same happens to them. In my opinion thats unfair to the referee, so whats the only way to ensure this doesnt happen? dont let England play. 1 Tournament and they will have suffered enough, especially if its someone like Greece who win it again and England feel they missed out. Then you might see the newspapers get the action taken against them they deserve.

p.s. has any bans or anything been handed out yet? as far as i know Ruud Van Nist. got a 2 game ban for slagging the ref, has this happened to anyone English?

bluetooner, I can understand and take on board some of the comments on others here, but what you are saying is mostly complete and utter bollocks.

Can you name me the England player who should be receiving a ban? Nobody has came out and been overly critical of the referee on the playing staff. Or should it be Sven, who hasnt even critisised the referee.

You cant ban a team from a tournament for the reasons you have stated. This would just make a farse of the whole competition. Basically, the only reason you want England banned, is because you dont like them, plain and simple. England also bring thousends of £ to the countries hosting the tournaments and i doubt the hosts would want them thrown out. Infact other nations wouldnt want them thrown out as they would prefere to win a cup where EVERY nation had a chance of winning it.

If England should be thrown out for this, then what should be done to the Turks after one of their fans threw an object onto the pitch which injured a USA player, or to the Croats who have many fans who racially abuse black players in the grounds. The best way of dealing with incidents is to tackle them, not sweep them under the carpet for a few years.

No its not because i dont like England, if any team does it including scotland id say the same thing. Unfortunately due to being in the USA i dont know if anyone has been critical, just what ive heard is that everyone including players have said something.

As for the throwing England out, yes id still do it. As i said if Scotland did the same thing id do the same. For me it has given England an unfair advantage now, due to the fact that no referee is going to want to give a 50-50 decision against them due to the attacks that Meier has had. From what others have said noone has come out and said anything to the sun, and i dont know if htey have been penalised *what i was asking*. THis is a shame for all the fans/players who will miss out, but maybe in future the papers will think before taking rash actions. *from what ive heard the decision was correct, said that by UEFA so what point is there in going over the top like what the papers did.

It may seem harsh, but from what ive heard i feel deserved.

As for sweeping it under the carpet its not is it........ its giving out punishment and i bet noone will ever do it again. The turkish fans throwing things at players etc yes i would do something about, and i would also ban them from taking part in the next world cup. Maybe harsh again but its one way of getting through to the FAs that something has to be done.

I think the only reason England (or any other nation, Scotland included) should be d/q from any tournament is due to crowd trouble. If a country is unable to guarantee that their nationals abroad are capable of behaving in a socially acceptable manner then the ultimate thing is to stop that country from competing. It happened with English club sides and European competition so there is already a precident for such actions.

I do agree that there will now be an extra amount of pressure on any referee taking charge of an English game. That said it will probably work against England, so in the end the press have probably done the opposite to what they had intended.

The English national press has been unbelievable. It has been shocking that the English FA have allowed such pillory to continue unabated without at least trying to calm down the "frothing at the mouth" nationalists. Perhaps they share the same views? What I find as distateful is the Scottish versions of the red tops completely flipping allegiance simply to gain favour with the populace they are intended for.

An interesting comment about "that goal" is that "that referee" may not have blown for the Terry infringement but for an earlier foul as Campbell moved into position. It really would show up how gutter journalists attempt to hijack the situation for their own benefit if the goal that wasn't a goal was not a goal for a completely different reason that they were emblazening across page after page.

Archived