Things About Pubs

Guest AyrDelighted

For all those who have mentioned smoke, you might not have to put up with it for too much longer. According to Scotland On Sunday it looks like the Executive are going to ban smoking in pubs. Legislation should hopefully be put forward by the end of the year. :D

Good. :D

4) People who moan about smoking/smoke/smokers - Your in the pub FFS, what do you expect and, btw, I`m a non smoker

Just because I "expect" it doesn't mean I have to like it does it?

I don't "expect" anything else. I tolerate it because I like the social aspect of drinking in the pub. I like to meet my friends for a beer and chat about life, the universe and everything. I rarely drink in the house at all. Drinking is a social thing for me. I'd much rather do so without earning lung cancer in the process. :angry:

I will rejoice when they ban smoking in pubs. I'm just back from New York where they have done exactly that and what a pleasure it is to sit and drink / eat without big clouds of cigarette smoke wafting past and burning your eyes.

Just because I "expect" it doesn't mean I have to like it does it?

And just because people such as yourself don`t like it, even though they expect it, doesn`t mean I have to like listening to them whining about it, does it ?

After all, it`s the "Top 5 things I hate about the pub", not what I think other people hate about pubs.

Smoking, the sooner they ban it, the better.

Horrible draught lager

Poor air conditioning

No things to do (pool, darts, telly, puggy/arcade machine)

Uncomfortable seats, designed for people who are under 8 stone. :angry:

Archived