BBC Or ITV

Guest Saint Geezer

Which are you watching for the game?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn't see how Cole had a great tournament at all. I couldn't beleive it when everyone went on about how great he was against Portugal, I must have been watching a different game.

Agree with you about the rest but Rooney is the only one who could really be considered for team of the tournament.

Spot on Gordon, I've been having 'discussions' all day with people on this matter.

I personally don't rate Ashley Cole AT ALL.

He's no bad coming forward, but defensively, he is no better than average. In every game that England played, their opponents predominately attacked down England's left hand side, as that was their weakest area (other than GK).

Cole played alright against Portugal, but he lost as many tackles as he won against Ronaldo, it was a good contest between them.

In all the other matches he was no better than average.

Rooney and Campbell are the only 2 England players that I would consider for team of the tournament, although both would be on the bench.

And btw, Rooney only scored 3 goals. The 2nd against the Swiss is a definite OG, as all the pundits would have agreed if it was another team/player.

I have always thought Cole was awful, and said Bridge should've been playing for England at leftback. However, Cole was excellent against France, good against the Swiss/Croatians and excellent against the Portuguese and the only left back in the tournament that has been more impressive, has been Zambrotta. I notice that the team who pick a 23 man squad of the tournament chose Cole, Lampard, Rooney and Campbell. I suppose they are just biased :rolleyes: ?

. I notice that the team who pick a 23 man squad of the tournament chose Cole, Lampard, Rooney and Campbell. I suppose they are just biased :rolleyes: ?

Rooney could easily be in the SQUAD of the tournament, as could Sol Campbell and w**k Lampard is in with a good shout. Personally, I don't think all the w**king over Ashley Cole was merited. I'm not going to say he was fantastic because Linekar, Wright and Lawrensen told me he was.

Archived