Copa America

Can we have a Copa America board or is it not worth it? Anyway, here's the fixtures for the Copa 2004. Apologies if someone has posted this somewhere else.

I'm supporting Uruguay for a laugh and cause I think Diego Forlan and Alvaro Recoba are class. Who will you be supporting?

Fixtures:

06-07 Lima (17:30) Venezuela v Colombia

06-07 Lima (19:45) Peru v Bolivia

09-07 Lima (19:45) Peru v Venezuela

09-07 Lima (17:30) Colombia v Bolivia

12-07 Trujillo (19:45) Peru v Colombia

12-07 Trujillo (17:30) Venezuela v Bolivia

07-07 Chiclayo (19:45) Argentina v Ecuador

07-07 Chiclayo (17:30) Mexico v Uruguay

10-07 Chiclayo (19:45) Argentina v Mexico

10-07 Chiclayo (17:30) Uruguay v Ecuador

13-07 Piura (19:45) Argentina v Uruguay

13-07 Piura (17:30) Mexico v Ecuador

08-07 Arequipa (19:45) Brasil v Chile

08-07 Arequipa (17:30) Costa Rica v Paraguay

11-07 Arequipa (15:00) Brasil v Costa Rica

11-07 Arequipa (17:15) Paraguay v Chile

14-07 Arequipa (19:45) Brasil v Paraguay

14-07 Tacna (17:30) Costa Rica v Chile

17-07 Chiclayo (17:00) Qtr-Finals

2nd Gp A v 2nd Gp B

17-07 Trujillo (19:45) 1st Gp A v 2nd Best 3rd Pos

18-07 Piura (20:00) 1st Gp B v 2nd Gp C

18-07 Tacna (15:00) 1st Gp C v Best 3rd Place

21-07 Lima (19:45) Semi Final

Winner 2 v Winner 4

22-07 Lima (19:45) Winner 1 v Winner 3

-07 Cusco (19:45) Third Place

Runner Up 5 v Runner Up 6

25-07 Lima (15:00) Final

Winner 5 v Winner 6

Half agree with you about Recoba but Forlan? Hmmm...

As for supporting Uruguay, I find it hard to support a team with that sort of vowels/constanant ratio. Oh, and the fact of "that" game where they "played" us.

The "scum" of world fitba, nae chance. I always preferred Peru, because of their classic strip. Otherwise don't give a monkeys who wins.

Uruguay manage to scrabble back to a 2-2 after getting a man sent off (no, really! I know, I can't believe that either!). Forlan missed several sitters.

Argentina make it a half dozen against Ecuador, too.

Forlan missed several sitters.

Thats no surprise. Me and a few friends made up a drinking game to play watching games. WHen forlan is playing you take 1 finger if he misses by a mile, 3 fingers if he is close, 5 fingers if he hits the target and down your drink if he scores. Not much downing was done however, infact not much drinking, for that rule :D

Forlan is class. He's just one of those strikers who needs to get into a run then he's awesome. Ferguson hasn't gotta clue. He hit a purple patch last season scoring goals in Europe in england and twice in a friendly against Brazil. The Fergie decides to drop him, Forlan's confidence dips and Manure fail to win anything. Serves him right. I realise that everyone disagrees with me but I honmestly think he's in the top bracket of strikers in t' Premiership, certainly better than the likes of Owen. Just needs a run of games.

I agree hes better than people make out. At the time of making up the game he just got there and couldnt hit a barn door with a banjo from 5 inches away kinda thing. As for Fergie, i would say he has more than a clue, what hes done in the past proves it. Arsenal were amazing aparently all year which is something that can happen. I wouldnt bank against Utd coming back to win the league this year. However if i was gonna id put my jinx on chelsea :D

Fergie was a GREAT manager but he's lost it now, honestly. He should've retired when he was gonna. He'll never win the league again, far less the European cup! The only thing that allows Manure to compete with Arsenal is the money they continually throw at it.

He'll never win the league again.

That is a very dangerous call. With France having a stinker in Euro and the possibility C.Ronaldo providing crosses for Rooney and Van I wouldn't rule out the cup coming back to Old Trafford. Don't get me wrong I am no Man U fan (nor Arsenal) but I certainly don't think Fergie is past it. (I mean, he was obviously past it when he left the mighty Mrn, but there you go).

You're right about them never winning the Euro Cup again, but then I don't see *any* English side doing that for at least another 2/3 years while Murihno (sp?) gets his act together at Chelsea, and even then you have to wonder. Arsenal had their best chance to win it last year and blew it (and the treble) in the same week.

As for Forlan, he's still pretty young (early 20s) so although I may have a dig, like Bluetooner, I agree he is better than the English press give him credit for.

It is possible thet Manure will win the league under Fergie but I VERY much doubt it. Now that Chelsea have a bigger cheque book than them their ONLY advantage is gone. Where is their edge?

Yep SkySports1 for the Copa

Guest Bhoys67

The Copa America has been a pleasure to watch compared to the dull Eueo

2004 tournament. Argentina's 4-2 win over Uruguay was a fantastic match.

Aye decent game, surprise surprise Uruguay had a player sent off

I think the quarters start tomorrow, anyone know the draw?

I saw the draw earlier, the only game I can remember is Brazil v Mexico though...

Archived