Middlesborough

I'd say they'll do quite well with the new signings. Should finish in the top 10 at least but can't see them being strong enough to compete with the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea or Man Utd.

I'd say they'll do quite well with the new signings. Should finish in the top 10 at least but can't see them being strong enough to compete with the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea or Man Utd.

deffo not compete with the big guns. will not do that well, imo. 8th at the most.

they're boring anyway. ;)

You missed Liverpool by the way. The Redmen will challenge this season. Trust me :)

have they signed any other big names apart from Cisse? :unsure:

I've got a mate who is a Boro season ticket holder and I have been to see them quite a bit,They are very hard to beat at the Riverside and the new signings will strengthen the team a lot.I reckon they are strong contenders for top 6 finish...top 4 will be the usual suspects...Chelsea,United,Liverpool,Arsenal.

Defense is VERY GOOD....Schwarzer is my goalie on fantasy football league.

J.F.Hasselbaink is 28/1 with Ladbrokes to finish top goalscorer...worth 50 notes? B)

They wont break into the top 3 - but with their new signings, they could be looking at 4th at least - Liverpool will take time to settle, Newcastle i think have lost their way a bit, and the signing of Kluivert might just be a disaster waiting to happen, as someone said earlier in this thread, they are hard to beat at home, they also didnt score a lot of goals last year, shouldnt be a problem this year. Good season ahead for the Boro i,d have thought.

Defensively, they were immense last year. Southgate and Ehiogu are a top pairing and Riggott is a superb player to have in reserve They now have two proven goalscorers in Viduka and Hasselbaink, a solid right back in Reiziger and a very good player in Parlour.

It will all depend, for me, on whether Viduka/Hasselbaink have their heads screwed on. If they do, then they'll run Newcastle close for 5th spot. Can't see them breaking the top 4 however.

Archived