Darts...

Sideshow

Didn't see this one coming.

Wade's always spoken about his nerves and lack of self confidence, and it was evident at last years world championships. However, I thought after his run of wins the last few months, that his confidence and mental toughness would be fine, evidently not!

Its not over yet mind, but that maximum from Waites to leave 16 was phenomenal!

Don't suppose Tommy Cox or Barry Hearn will be too happy about the Grand Slam trophy going back to the BDO camp!

Although no doubt the carrot of a premier league wildcard spot will probably tempt Waites over to the PDC in the new year.

If he starts off like that against Ted Hankey in the worlds 1st round in January he will be out on his arse before he gets started.

Unreal.Was wanting waites to win and at 8 nil down and he was playing well,just wade was playing so good he hardly got a shot at the double.That comeback was the greatest in darts i have ever seen.

Mason got it spot on when he said waites was the best player all week.Those 3 ton plus checkouts in a row against lewis was amazing.And to have that self belief and never give up attitude to come back from 8 nil down and win shows a true champion.

What a great tournament.

One of the craziest finals of all time. Wade taking a resounding 8-0 lead and then dramatically losing it to Scott Waites, who won 16-4 in the rest of the match. Truly remarkable, and the end to an absolutely wonderful week of the darts, one of the best in recent memory, perhaps of all time.

A wonderful win for Scott, who will go into Lakeside on a high in a mouthwatering First Round game against Ted Hankey waiting for him in January. It'll be interesting to see if the fingertips of Hearn will be able to tempt him to the PDC in 2011, a lot will depend on what happens at Lakeside I guess, but I would not be surprised if he stayed in the BDO, but I'd love to see him make the switch, purely from a fans point of view. Lets hope he makes the right decision for himself.

As for James Wade, well, where does he go from here? Absolutely mentally decimated after that, and we'll have to see how it affects him in 3 weeks at the World Championship...I don't know about anyone else, but I've got a sneaky feeling for an outside John Partesc 2008 winner at Ally Pally this year, just a thought!

But what a great week of darts, actually inspired me to play a few legs tonight, although I quickly remembered I'm no Scott Waites and put the darts back down!

Bring on the World Championship season!

I dont really follow darts much but :-

1) Why didn't Martin Adams play in the Grand Slam?

2) When did Wade stop shagging Helen chamberlain?

1) He knocked back invitations for the last three tournaments so they (the PDC) didn't bother asking him this time.

2) They split around the start of the year.

It was good to hear that Roland Scholten qualified for the World Championships at an event in Spain over the weekend. He's never been the same since his shoulder problems started. He was one of the most clinical players on the circuit for a time - certainly no one could match him for 180s when he was on fire. Hopefully The Tripod can find his form again.