Darts...

Sideshow

He's some guy. The treatment he was receiving on SSN was outrageous, did anyone see it? Taylor was being chugged over and Hine was asked "What will you be doing to prepare, eating loads of pies?"

I watched the draw then switched it off when taylor started talking. Cant believe they asked him that.Should of told them to f**k off .

Vincent van der Voort , Michael van Gerwen , Jelle Klaasen , three excellent dutch players as i am sure everyone is aware of , i fancy one of them to do really really well

how is richie burnett playing nowadays , i remember way back in mid 90's he was a cracking player and world champion

paul nicholson too may be a dark horse

Vincent van der Voort , Michael van Gerwen , Jelle Klaasen , three excellent dutch players as i am sure everyone is aware of , i fancy one of them to do really really well

how is richie burnett playing nowadays , i remember way back in mid 90's he was a cracking player and world champion

paul nicholson too may be a dark horse

I'd say the 3 Dutch guys, although excellent talents, are just a little too inconsistent for an extended run in the World Championship.

Ritchie Burnett has begun to play well this year again after years of struggles, he has reached a couple of finals on the PDC Pro Tour which has led to him gaining his place at Alexandra Palace. His first World Championship since 2007.

On the subject of the draw, the Second Round games look like potentially to be the strongest ever. You wouldn't expect too many surprises in the First Round, but there are always a couple.

I do like the possiblility of a Phil Taylor, John Part second round match. I'd love to see the Canadian role back the years and beat Taylor.

But it looks set to be a great Tournament as always! I'm considering setting up a Prediction League on here for this, just to add a little bit of extra interest. I'll post details nearer the time!

Here's the order of play for tomorrow... I'll probably get home in time for the evening session starting:

First Round

Friday 1pm-5pm

Finland v Belgium

Sweden v Slovenia

Austria v Denmark

New Zealand v Poland

Russia v Gibraltar

Germany v Czech Republic

Spain v Japan

Republic of Ireland v Slovakia

Best of 11 legs, 501 Doubles, Loser Throws First

Second Round

Friday 7pm-11pm

Canada v Finland/Belgium

USA v Sweden/Slovenia

Northern Ireland v Austria/Denmark

Wales v New Zealand/Poland

Scotland v Russia/Gibraltar

Netherlands v Germany/Czech Republic

England v Spain/Japan

Australia v Republic of Ireland/Slovakia

Best of 11 legs, 501 Doubles, Loser Throws First

Anastasia having a mare.

She got a bit better but the other lad (Tungsten Tolstoy) carried her. Seen Anastasia a few times and her darts don't seem to be getting any better. In further news Sid Waddell said Anastasia "blew him off" when he tried to talk to her. Lucky old Sidney.

Russia ended up beating Gibraltar 6-4 and now face Scotland. If Anderson and Thornton are at it we should be looking at 6-2 at worst.

Darin Young, as expected, is the stand out in this USA/Sweden match - his darts should see the US home and dry.

Some confusion in the ranks for the yanks at the start with davis leaving double 13.Young turned it up a gear and davis finally hit a double !