Darts...

Sideshow

His Mrs said on TV the other day he is happy doing what he's doing being one of the best players in the BDO and going to the Grand Slam and doing well there and that's what will continue to happen. It's a pity really from a fans point of view as the guy is an absolute class act and would be a top ten player in the PDC for me.

Surely if Waites is at all serious about his Darts, and wants to improve, he wont be happy competing against sub standard players for a mock World Championship every year.

Normally I enjoy the BDO event for what it is, but its hit an all time low for me this year, sadly. Still I hope Phillips comes through.

Waites seems to be doing what Gary Anderson did at Lakeside i.e come in hyped up as a potential winner only to lose early. Waites would be better moving to the PDC before he gets into a rut.

Find it a bit strange that Martin Adams is doing regular stints in the commentary box. If he was out of the tournament then fair enough but surely he should be more focussed on his own game rather than commentating. Almost feels a bit arrogant of him, as if it's his own tournament and be wants to be involved all the time. Cant imagine the likes of Lewis, Taylor, Wade, Anderson etc in the commentary booth with Sid Waddell while they were still involved in the competition.