Darts...

Sideshow

Great match, either player would've deserved to have won the tournament. The first set was as good as any I've ever seen, unbelievable. Anderson showed great resolve to come back a couple of times but Lewis also showed great bottle to go from 3-3 to 6-3.

As someone else has already said, this could well be the start of a great era for darts. Anderson seems to have realised how good he is, Lewis looked unbelievable over the last fortnight, the likes of Webster and Wade are still young, Taylor and Barney are still about and the foreign players are getting a lot better. Can't wait for the Premier League now!

Good night. I was sitting watching the U21 final and they showed the graphic with odds on 9 darters so I fancied a wee nibble. £2 @12/1 on Lewis to hit a 9 darter, £2 @ 10/1 on Anderson to hit one and £2 @ 5/1 on either man to hit one....so I was already £34 up after the first set. I then went and put £10 on Anderson to win at 1-0, which obviously didn't go so well.

Glad Anderson will now be in the Premier League, gives us somebody to properly support now. Had to laugh at Andersons wee dig at the crowd in his interview, when the guy said he's guaranteed a PL place he said something along the lines of "Aye wait till we get these guys infront of a Scottish crowd against me and they'll see what it's all about"laugh.gif

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Great darts over the weekend. Gutted for Anderson, as I can't stand Lewis. Deserved winner over the piece though.

On a Lakeside note, anyone know how much the winner gets?

Fairplay to Anderson just proved one step to far. Lewis was brilliant at the ryt tym with his maximums it was interesting everyone was on about Anderson beating whitlocks 180 record(58) for the tournament but for Lewis to hit 20 in the match to hit 60 overall was incredible! Brilliant spectacle for the pdc! On a separate note bit of a kick in the teeth for Taylor who made it known publicly he wanted to hand the trophy over... Well done Barry Hearn! Roll on the premier league

Was a great final.Anderson had chances at a double to break back in the early sets but lewis was brilliant.Always getting the double with the last dart.Hope anderson gets a good reception at the pl.If he keeps playing darts like that he will win something soon.

Anyone notice how different sid was on lewis's nine darter,than a taylor one.No screaming or anything.

Anyone notice how different sid was on lewis's nine darter,than a taylor one.No screaming or anything.

Great final last night, Lewis is just as good as hitting the high scores like Anderson it was just his night.

I know what you mean with Sid anything Taylor does he nearly creams himself,

Who do you think the 4 wildcards for the premier league will be ?

Top 4

Taylor

Lewis

Wade

Anderson.

If oshea switches it would piss a few people off if he got straight in.If the lakeside winner rumour is true then i think only scott waites would switch.Chisnall seems happy enough where he is,adams no chance.

My wildcards would be.

Barney

Whitlock

Nicholson

Van der voort / lakeside winner ?. You could make a case for mark webster.

Edited by F_T_Y

Who do you think the 4 wildcards for the premier league will be ?

Top 4

Taylor

Lewis

Wade

Anderson.

If oshea switches it would piss a few people off if he got straight in.If the lakeside winner rumour is true then i think only scott waites would switch.Chisnall seems happy enough where he is,adams no chance.

My wildcards would be.

Barney

Whitlock

Nicholson

Van der voort / lakeside winner ?. You could make a case for mark webster.

TAYLOR

LEWIS

WADE

ANDERSON

WILDCARDS

VAN BARNEVELD

WHITLOCK

NICHOLSON ( SOME PEOPLE DONT LIKE HIM BUT HE HAS POTENTIAL TO BE A WORLD CHAMPION )

AND MARK WEBSTER

Martin Adams is a excellent player and if he was 20 years younger i think he would give the PDC crack but no chance of him moving now

some decent talent in the BDO too some young guys i can see making a move to PDC in future , Dave Chisnall , Joey Ten berg , Wily van del wiel , Stuart Kellett , Scott Waites ( not so young but a excellent player ) , and a young 21 year old guy i have never heard of called Ross Smith

just noticed in the PDC rankings , only 5 Scottish players in the top 500 ! was shocked at that , noticed there were tons and tons of canadians , americans , and australians making there way up the rankings

not much better in BDO only 3 scottish players in the top 100

I like the idea of Nicholson bad boy Manley esk! Whitlock,Nicholson,Webster,barney if the switch rumours are true I personally hope it's at the expense of barney I think he's nearly finished and am sick of hearing excuses!

he does look slow and sluggish and not playing well at all and generally not looking a happy man , but on his day he is still a class act , the man has a lot to be proud of too 5 world titles numerous ranking titles , and thanks to him we we have a young generation of dutch players coming through who are only going to enhance the game .

Edited by robroyguy