Peter Manley v John Bowles

Davey Dodds v James Wade

Devon Petersen v Stuart White

Second Round

Palfreyman/Henderson v Covill/Daniels

Mansell/Foster v Michels/Alcinas

O'Connor/Aubrey v Stewart/van Gerwen

Hudson/Evans v Caris/McDine

Best of seven legs as already mentioned, and plenty of decent matches on the other boards too.

First to four legs anything could happen. Scott Rand has been doiing really well on the floor and could deliver the first upset in the opening game against Beaton who has not played well for a while now. Of course playing on stage should play into Beaton's hands of course depending on how Rand copes with that.

Have a big double on Steve Douglas to beat Keating and Mark Jones to beat John Jackson. Jackson and Keating are Speedyhire employees who threw about 250 in 15 darts in qualifying for the event (avg of about 16 a dart, 48 for the 3) so they SHOULD be cannon fodder for a tour card holder in the PDC and a top 10/15 player in the BDO.

Which ones will be on telly, sky just showing all matches on board 1?

Few decent matches tonight, looking forward to Mardle, Klaasen and Manley.

Their main focus will be Board 1 but they'll no doubt show a few Board 2 matches from each round too.

This is the one tourney where Champions' League style red-button action would be brilliant ... watch any board you like out of the eight!

That's Barrie Bates gone already ... beaten by a very good prospect in Reece Robinson 4-0.

This match on the main stage has been pretty decent between Rand and Beaton.

EDIT: Beaton wins it 4-2... 146 and 160 checkouts and he even got 2/3rds of the way to a nine darter at one point.

Edited by The Naitch

Neilly it appears betting has been suspended on that Jones Jackson game.

Not going to bother hammering in on Douglas at 1/2. Not worth it.

As I explained in my earlier post it SHOULD be as close to FREE MONEY as you can get.

This fella playing Mardle is another joker from Speedyhire and I think Mardle was about 1/2! The bookies could take a doing tonight with dart fans with decent knowledge.

Edited by Neilly

As I explained in my earlier post it SHOULD be as close to FREE MONEY as you can get.

This fella playing Mardle is another joker from Speedyhire and I think Mardle was about 1/2!

1/2? :o

This Pugh fella is having a shocker on the stage, darts going everywhere!

The lad playing Mardle just hit treble 12 when going for treble 20. Presumably these qualifiers are better than they are showing. Nerves must be killing them.

Some of these qualifiers probably aren't better than they are showing. Rileys qualifers of course will have some quality players they had to come through fierce competition against fellow local players to qualify.

Speedyhire employees basically had some of there own tournaments where as I said above guys qualified and only hit 250 with 15 darts and didn't have to play an actual match!

Then you have guys like Robbie Green, a class act and top BDO player, who played in Speedyhire qualifiers(not employees) as well where it was the top scores again but then had to play a one lef shoot out against fellow high scorers.

Edited by Neilly